Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma Exp Bonus

Psyduckxoxo

Hello,

I think most of us know how Forma works so I dont have to explain it.
Those of us who want to use multiple Forma on the same weapon know, its a grindfest.
A big one and most importantly an annoying one.
Because if you're already pretty far in the game you suddenly have a Rank 1 weapon you wanna farm and such a weapon is pretty useless at high levels, no? 
I understand that a f2p game needs grind, so the lazy people will buy Affinity Boosters. I think thats pretty fine for like 1 Forma. But if you want like 3 Forma it's more of an unnecessary frustration grind and frustration makes people leave games.
So thats why I think a small Affinity Boost on that weapon per Forma used would help. Something like 15% per Forma.
It really isnt that much. But it will soften the grind up to an acceptable level and you can get the weapons pretty fast again to a useful level.

What do you guys think? To high/low Affinity Boost? Terrible Idea you wanna grind or not even harsh enough?

Let me know! (:

ps: ALL HAIL CORPUS ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

Edited by Psyduckxoxo

No, it shouldn't give EXP.  Mastery level is exactly what the name implies, your mastery of a variety of weapons and warframes. It's a way to encourage you to try out every weapon and warframe, and to get profficient with them.  If forma'ing a weapon/frame gave you experience, it would defeat this.

That you're able to make your favorite weapon/frame more powerful is the only reward you actually need.  However, what I think DE should do is release "dual forma" BP's or something, thats lets you do two polarities in one forma or something, to slightly speed up thne process.

Edited by DragonDance

I think the point is that you can't make your weapon OP very easily.  Otherwise no one would use the lower mastery weapons.

i actually want it to go by faster so that i can specifically use my weak weapons. Most players don't use a weapon if its not being forma'd or leveled because its a waste of time not getting mastery rank elsewhere. 

As you put more forma and polarity into your weapon, the faster you can put your strong mods in it.

For example, a weapon with no forma has to be at least level 9 in order to put a mod with 9 capacity (assuming no potato)

If you forma the weapon, the weapon only needs to be level 5 in order to put the same mod in.

In that sense, your weapon becomes stronger faster, and allows you to innately level up your weapons faster. (More kills with the gun = more exp for the gun)

So none of this is really necessary. It's fine as is.