Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SUGGESTION - Kuva weapons spawn system - some addtional quality of life to it

Gehemnis_Schwar

Hi,
 First I wanna say thanks for bringing the cool Lich and Kuva weapons to the game. In the update 27.1 you guys had made a change that we can now choose to convert the Larving into Lich or not when seeing the weapon on their head - which is a step in the right direction. However, the mechanic "you can't get same weapon 2 times in a row" is disappeared, left us once again facing with RNGesus when it came to reroll to the weapon we want.

After some pain 2 days grinding for my Kuva Drakgoon yet still not getting it, I came up with a small suggestion that maybe useful for the Kuva weapons drop in the future:
- Since I'm not 100% sure if there is a spawn rate for difference weapons, I will assume they have equal rate at 1/16. 
- Each weapon will have same spawn rate at 1/16 at the beginning.
- If the player chose not to convert the Larving into Lich (mostly because it is not the weapon they wanted) decrease the spawn rate of that weapon by a bit for subsequence runs. The more you skip the weapon, the lower the chance you getting that weapon spawn again => this will make the chance getting the weapon you want higher gradually.

-The spawn rate is reset back to normal at 1/16 after you decided to convert the Larving into Lich (ie you get what you want) so when you go on for the next Lich the weapon spawn cycle will start all over again.  

This is a very simple yet effective way to ensure we will eventually get what we need. For someone who doesn't have much time to spare and get forced to keep repeat the boring process (100 Kuva compensate is not worth it tbh) simply because they are not lucky enough, this change could be a huge help and they can use their time to enjoy other great contents of the game.

Il y a 1 heure, Gehemnis_Schwar a dit :

- If the player chose not to convert the Larving into Lich (mostly because it is not the weapon they wanted) decrease the spawn rate of that weapon by a bit for subsequence runs. The more you skip the weapon, the lower the chance you getting that weapon spawn again => this will make the chance getting the weapon you want higher gradually.

personally i disagree with this one.
What if you simply didn't want one at first and then want it some days/months/year later ?

one thing that could be nice though would be to be able to reset a lich without needing to actually kill it (though it might make ephemera or good rolled kuva weapon a tad bit too easy to get...so maybe this "reset" should only be doable once a week )

On 2020-12-17 at 10:59 PM, (NSW)Gamma83 said:

personally i disagree with this one.
What if you simply didn't want one at first and then want it some days/months/year later ?

Thanks for the reply, it was late when I posting so I missed some info. To answer your question:

They just need to simply reset the spawn rate to 1/16 for each weapon after you convert one Larving into Lich (ie getting the weapon that you want). So the next time you start farming Kuva weapon again they all started at the same rate.
The rate reduction is not permanent, it just there until you get what you want then reset to normal. This work similar to the the old condition check which is  "you cannot get same weapon 2 times in a row" but in a better way.

*Edited the main post so no more confusion.

Il y a 9 heures, Gehemnis_Schwar a dit :

Thanks for the reply, it was late when I posting so I missed some info. To answer your question:

They just need to simply reset the spawn rate to 1/16 for each weapon after you convert one Larving into Lich (ie getting the weapon that you want). So the next time you start farming Kuva weapon again they all started at the same rate.
The rate reduction is not permanent, it just there until you get what you want then reset to normal. This work similar to the the old condition check which is  "you cannot get same weapon 2 times in a row" but in a better way.

*Edited the main pose so no more confusion.

in that instance , yes but to make it more easy and continue to be the case for the next weapons (in case you want to do one specific weapons multiple time in a row) it could simply reset back to normal as soon as let's say , you refuse once the weapon with increased chance.
for example let's say you want a kuva bramma.
you refuse every weapon and only get kuva brumma , each time you select kuva bramma it spawn chance will increase drastically and the other will decrease.
but as soon as you refuse once the kuva bramma it will reset.
it could be nice to go this way too.

eitherway, i'am not really a farmer of kuva weapons to perfect the % but i understand that many does , and such quality of life improvement is always welcome i think as long as it doesn't become a hindrance later on (in this case , if it was indeed permanent) 
especially considering a new kind of liches weapons is around the corner.

Archived