Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need A Bit Of Help Deciding What Frame To Build Next

Ravyel

Question

I'm a new player here and I've been playing Warframe for about a week now, thanks to the event I've managed to set myself up relatively well for weapons, mods, and materials (sticking with the Corpus was worth it regardless of the outcome of the event XD)

With my Excal maxed out already, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a second frame? I see a lot of people recommend either Rhino or Nova and after seeing well geared Rhinos and Novas in-game I can definitely see why (dem room clearing abilities).

My main problem is Rhino and Nova don't really interest me at the moment, and of those two I'd probably only choose Rhino (but only as a plan B).

In decreasing order the frames I'm interested in making right now are:

1. Frost (personal reasons XD)

2. Saryn

3. Trinity (I have all the parts to make her so.........why not?)

4. Ash

Insane Troll Logic Option: Vauban, if I get VERY lucky and the RNG gods make Alad give a Vauban Chassis then I guess I'll make him for the hell of it.

So can anyone give me some tips? Going on the wiki can only help so much lol

Edited by Ravyel

8 answers to this question

All of the above frames are fun to play, as an offensive player I suggest Saryn, Frost for defense and team carrying capabilities, Ash for soloing, and Trinity if you want an ugly skirt but an impressive defensive capacity.... coupled with very limited offensive abilities. 

I see you put frost down.

Get Frost as your second frame no questions asked!

But also if you really start to get into the game you can buy slots for more warframes which I suggest getting all of them.

And also you may not know there is a Frost Prime!

-only difference to the normal frost is it has a cool helmet-

Well if you can acquire the parts for Vauban, go for it!

I had to defect to the Corpus side for a bit so I could get that helmet! Not letting that golden opportunity pass up ;D

Vauban's cooking in foundry now.

Personally, other than the tutorial, I haven't spent much time with excal, and getting the frames you want depend on your playstyle. I started with Loki, and moved on to acquire Ash, and then Trinity, both of which are GREAT frames and I potato'd both of them.

Frost, while playing the event, I found that he wasn't too great, but I still got a fair amount of damage dealt while still staying alive, and he isn't even maxed nor potato'd. Of course, defense missions are his element, not invasions.

If anything, I'd have to go with Ash because:

A) FAVOURITE AND BEST FRAME AMAGHERD

B) He's a ninja, C'mon!

C) He has two ways to clear rooms, either Bladestorm or Invis and murder everyone!

I see you put frost down.

Get Frost as your second frame no questions asked!

But also if you really start to get into the game you can buy slots for more warframes which I suggest getting all of them.

And also you may not know there is a Frost Prime!

-only difference to the normal frost is it has a cool helmet-

Not to sound offensive or anything but I think Frost Prime's helmet is a love it or hate it kind of thing, and in my case I don't really like how it looks lol

That said, I'd really like to get Frost but then I realize I have to go all the way to Ceres to get him ._.

I'm a new player here

(sticking with the Corpus was worth it regardless of the outcome of the event XD)

One thing; especially as a FTP player I would arrange it so you receive the T3 winners reward (getting the gun, not just the BP). Even if you hate the gun, you can sell it and you'll get another weapon slot, worth 6 plat. Just saying.

Plus you could support the Corpus by doing 10 missions with 5 runs each, and then 1 mission for the Grineer that they're gonna win anyways, doing 51 runs each - you'll get the Grineer T3 rewards but your overall impact will be more advantageous to the Corpus and you'll mostly get the Corpus mission rewards.

I would get Rhino anyways, and use him to farm the other frames. Trinity works also, but shes harder to get the 'feel' of, timing of ES/Link/Blessing is tricky and she requires plenty of +efficiency and +duration mods to maintain invincibility.

Edited by Darzk

I would get Rhino anyways, and use him to farm the other frames. Trinity works also, but shes harder to get the 'feel' of, timing of ES/Link/Blessing is tricky and she requires plenty of +efficiency and +duration mods to maintain invincibility.

Kinda agree with this. I mean to get other frames, some of it involve at a higher level content thus it would harder for you to achieve them at the moment unless you have someone to back you up. Given that rhino parts dropped at Fossa, venus which is a lower level, makes it easier for you to get it and then make your way up to Ceres, your next frame, frost.