Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Rewards are outdated

(PSN)Umbrellie

I've noticed lately that Sortie Rewards are very lack-luster for what they are and I believe they need a few changes. Nothing massive, I'm not suggesting a complete overhaul of the Sortie system, but just a few numerical changes and tweaks.

Let's start from the rarest and work down, Legendary Cores. I understand they're powerful resources and should be rare, but with the sheer amount of High rank and Primed mods now in the game (and more to come I'd imagine) players who aren't grinding the game constantly often don't have the resources to max their mods. I've been playing Warframe for close to 3 and a half years now on PS4, and at least 3 more before that on PC, and I still don't have the majority of these mods ranked up to their full potential on either platform. I would propose increasing their drop rate slightly. It wouldn't need to be massive, I don't expect to get them every other day, but considering you can only do 1 sortie per day it should be higher than it currently is. The Legendary Core currently has a drop rate of 0.18% from Sorties, that's roughly 1 in 555! Since we can only complete 1 sortie per day, that means on average you'd have to wait a YEAR AND A HALF in-between Legendary Core drops, and that's assuming you completed the Sorties religiously everyday which realistically a lot of people won't due to work and other commitments...

Secondly, rare rewards including Warframe Exilus Adapters, Forma, Reactor and Catalyst Blueprints. The Exilus Adapters are fine, but Forma and the Potatoes are overshadowed by pretty much any other method. Forma is easily obtained from any fissure mission and the Potatoes can be obtained pre-built from Nightwave, so having these as "rare" rewards seems like a waste of time. To fix this I'd suggest one of two things, either make them uncommon rewards, or make it more worthwhile by making the Forma a bundle of 3 and the Potatoes pre-built. I personally am leaning towards the latter as without them the rare reward table would only be the Exilus Adapter...

Third, Uncommon drops. The 3-day boosters currently only include the Mod chance, Affinity, and Resource Drop Rate boosters. As such, Credit and Resource Amount boosters should be added to make it less deceiving as at no point does it tell your which boosters you have a chance to obtain. Kuva should be removed from the table entirely however, for a similar reason to the Potatoes. Kuva is easily obtained in plenty of other missions, and can be obtained in a higher quantity (10k vs. 6k) from Nightwave. Finally there's the Endo, in a similar way that Legendary Cores should be more common Endo should be given in higher quantities. There's numerous times where I've been with people who have received Endo as their drop and not been happy with it so if we increased the amount they receive while keeping it as an uncommon drop it would be significantly more useful for levelling up mods. I propose at least doubling the amount to 8k, and then also removing the Ayatan Anasa Sculpture from the drop tables. Or alternatively, combine the two and make the Anasa Sculpture the uncommon drop and make it worth the 8k Endo itself (whether that's unsocketed or fully socketed would be up to the Devs).

Finally we get to the common drops, Rivens and the Ayatan Anasa. As stated above, the Anasa should either be removed or combined with the standard Endo drop in the uncommon pool. Rivens however, should remain and be the single most common item in the pool, as they are useful in many ways. Rivens and the small chance at the Legendary Core are the main reason people do Sorties at all, so they should be the most common drop. Also, the current Riven distribution seems like it hasn't been thought through. Kitguns and Zaws have a 2% drop rate each, which makes sense since they are based on the Chamber and Strike so can be used on multiple different weapons, but Shotguns have a 1.36% chance, despite having a much larger pool of weapons to choose from than both Kitguns and Zaws combined!

In summary, here's how I suggest the rewards be distributed:

- Common Rewards (Rivens): 50% (down from approx. 55.9%)

[spoiler] Despite the total chance being reduced, this actually makes Rivens more common. With the removal of the Anasa Sculpture from the common pool (which had a massive 28% drop chance by the way) all Rivens would have an equal chance with the exception of Kitgun and Zaw Rivens. Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun and Melee Rivens would have a 11.5% chance each, while Kitguns/Zaws would retain their 2% chance each due to their small pool of options and them being usable on any built weapon with the same Chamber/Strike respectively [/spoiler]

- Uncommon Rewards: 32% (down from approx. 33.91%)

[spoiler] With the removal of Kuva from the pool and the merging/removal of the Anasa Sculpture, despite the overall chance of an uncommon drop lowering the individual chance of each item has actually increased. Endo would have a 17% drop chance, while the 3-day boosters would have a 15% chance split evenly between the boosters (3% each for the Affinity, Credit, Mod, Resource Amount, and Resource Chance boosters). [/spoiler]

- Rare Rewards: 17% (up from 10%)

[spoiler] Assuming Forma and Potatoes remain rare, this would be a fairly easy category to split. It would just be completely even between the Forma and Potatoes as they are almost always needed and Reactors are used in Warframe, Companions, Archwings, Necramechs, etc. while Exilus Adapters would take a small hit to their chances since you'd only ever need 1 per Warframe and are not used for other items. 3.5% for Exilus Adapters (an increase from the current 2.5%), and 4.5% for the Forma and Potatoes. (Again, an increase from the current 2.5%) [/spoiler]

- Legendary Core: 1% (up from 0.18%)

[spoiler] This one speaks for itself. Instead of having to wait on average a year and a half to get a single core, you should (in theory at least) get one roughly every 100 days, or a little more than once every 3 months providing you play daily. This allows the Cores to be much more accessible while still keeping them fairly rare. [/spoiler]

Considering endgame currently revolves around exorbitant kuva costs via riven rolling, I tend to agree.

Nothing in the pool is good except the small chance at a decent riven or a pittance of kuva. 

That statue is just insulting and boosters can suck it.

You take your hands off my Shiny Anasa Ayatan Statues. Players accumulate them as some sort of "Bank", Selling them in bulk for plat when needed.

17 hours ago, IIDMOII said:

Considering endgame currently revolves around exorbitant kuva costs via riven rolling, I tend to agree.

The cause of that is the ridiculous amount of RNG rivens have. Rivens currently have 5 layers of RNG.

1. The RNG of getting the riven to drop from Sortie.

2. The RNG of getting the specific riven type to drop.

3. The RNG of unveiling a specific riven to fit in that specific weapon.

4. The RNG of re-rolling the wanted stat.

5. The RNG of getting the value of that wanted stat.

If DE fixed this worst than lootboxes rivens RNG we wouldn't be in this mess. The riven system is either be lucky or pull up your MasterFrame Platinum Card to Withdraw stupid amount of platinum.

As a side note, I really want those boosters to be a token sort of thing. I hate boosters that automatically activate, because they go to waste so often.

Either that, or DE needs to revamp boosters to work on actual play time, not just passing time. I feel much more compelled to play when I know I'm getting my proper value out of it. It comes with the territory that the duration should decrease accordingly, so that 30 day boosters might only provide 5-7 days, but 5-7 days of in-game time (which calculates out to be 4-6 hours a day, which is pretty generous).

From a business standpoint, I don't ever feel inclined to pay for long boosters because I know how much of them will be wasted. If those boosters only applied to game time, I'd buy ridiculous lengths of them so I never have to remember to top them up.

Archived