Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wondering How People Think On The Topic Of Saving Sleeping Tenno.

Xelorx

This is a legitimate question. I'm sure you guys want your lore as much as I do, probably more than I do.

But who do you think you are really saving? Every defense and rescue mission you do, you're saving a Tenno, that adds nothing to your gameplay particularly related to that Tenno. Playing on the Grineer side in this event, to me, is like doing those missions. You gain nothing except for their weapons. If there was an actual benefit to saving these Tenno, I would love that. But there isn't.

I can't see the Grineer getting stronger as a bad thing, because we want difficulty in this game anyways. And if the Corpus launch their project, it would be neat to see as well on the gameplay side of things.

I can see the fun in RolePlaying in games, but the lore isn't entirely implemented. So it feels weird to even put effort into something not completed or completely explained.

I am working on the Corpus side, but mostly because of the weapons. If you want the weapons on the Grineer side, good for you. I'm just curious what people really think about saving these Tenno, and if they base their decision on that. I also feel that people who joined the Grineer side just for the sake of "Loyalty" even knows what they're doing, which is one reason why I asked the question.

Don't see this post as an attack. Just answer or discuss what you think about saving Tenno means to you.

There is lore to prove both factions capture and dissect Tenno, there's no difference except that the Corpus do it for money and would stop if it weren't profitable, and the Grineer do it out of spite. The Grineer existence is predicated on ensuring the sleeping Tenno never awake, why would they let the Tenno "save" their kind?

The lore plays into my decision to be a Corpus fanboy, but so does the aesthetics of their weapons, the desire to have the rarer badge, and Derf Anyo.

Edited by VegetableBasket

There is lore to prove both factions capture and dissect Tenno,

I am now bombarded with gorey images of grineer taking tenno apart organ by organ, with them howling in pain.

Thanks for that.

Edited by Sorez

It's pretty simple.  There are sleeping, defenseless Tenno held by the Corpus.  The Loyalists want them back.  That's why we're called the "Loyalists."  Not because we're loyal to the Grineer Empire or the Twin Queens, but loyal to our own, to the Tenno.

Personally, that is how I'm able to grind out 200+ missions and counting.  Never leave a brother behind.

Edited by Katakuna

There is lore to prove both factions capture and dissect Tenno, there's no difference except that the Corpus do it for money and would stop if it weren't profitable, and the Grineer do it out of spite.

True, the Tenno lose either way. If the Grineer empire expands it will be easier for them to find sleeping Tenno and kill those who are awake. I think Alad V is going to use them as weapons while the Grineer just want to kill us. There is no benefit to this event, either we sacrifice our own to keep balance in the universe or help those who seek to destroy us. 

It was very easy for me to join the Corpus cause I really dislike the Grineer and their deformed bodies and minds. Those of us who are helping the Corpus carrying out our duty to keep the balance in the universe while the Tenno helping the Grineer are doing it for loot and and justifying it by thinking they're helping their fellow Tenno.

It's pretty simple.  There are sleeping, defenseless Tenno held by the Corpus.  The Loyalists want them back.  That's why we're called the "Loyalists."  Not because we're loyal to the Grineer Empire or the Twin Queens, but loyal to our own, to the Tenno.

Personally, that is how I'm able to grind out 200+ missions and counting.  Never leave a brother behind.

Doesn't sound like a lot of reason. I can be a simple-minded person on plenty of matters, but part of me would like to ask if a part of you just prefers Grineer(in which is acceptable), instead of actually saving Tenno that does little to no effect on the gameplay (in which I'd ask why it matters).

Edited by Xelorx

Afaik, there is no indication whatsoever that we are actually saving Tenno in the event. Only a bunch of propaganda.

Helping grineer makes sure more Tenno cryopods don't fall in Corpus hands, but that's it. Grineer are still 99% likely to kill/dissect/not-let-live any Tenno they find still asleep.

The cryopods in Corpus hands aren't getting released anyway, as Alad V's pet project needs them and the new Kittyframe is supposed to come from that.

That said, I prefer Corpus to get stronger, as Grineer are already strong enough to be fun. Also, they are A******s and deserve to get Ogris-ed in the face.

Edited by bobafetthotmail

True, the Tenno lose either way. If the Grineer empire expands it will be easier for them to find sleeping Tenno and kill those who are awake. I think Alad V is going to use them as weapons while the Grineer just want to kill us. There is no benefit to this event, either we sacrifice our own to keep balance in the universe or help those who seek to destroy us. 

It was very easy for me to join the Corpus cause I really dislike the Grineer and their deformed bodies and minds. Those of us who are helping the Corpus carrying out our duty to keep the balance in the universe while the Tenno helping the Grineer are doing it for loot and and justifying it by thinking they're helping their fellow Tenno.

this reminds me of Mass Effect

Doesn't sound like a lot of reason. I can be a simple-minded person on plenty of matters, but part of me would like to ask if a part of you just prefers Grineer(in which is acceptable), instead of actually saving Tenno that does little to no effect on the gameplay (in which I'd ask why it matters).

Well lets put it this way.

Those colonists you guys are saving are just corpus peons

The grineer just want to kill us

The corups want to:

Capture

Discect us limb from limb

Peal our skin and flay us to see what makes us tick

slab our body parts onto their little pet dogs

The corpus are a race of Josef Mengeles meets Ferengi.

The grineer are Dalek's.

Yes you might be able to save those Tenno from the corpus in a defense mission or you might get there too late. Hell we never actually SAVE any of them. We only hold off for the next shift of tenno.

Yes we can rescue the tenno from the grineer just like in the intro tutorial video for the damn game.

Either way Tenno are risking their lives of their brethren but can save them later on. The question becomes for those we can't save do we want them to be shot once or dissected and peeled limb from limb like lab rats?

Edited by KuzmaVolkov

There is lore to prove both factions capture and dissect Tenno, there's no difference except that the Corpus do it for money and would stop if it weren't profitable, and the Grineer do it out of spite.

The lore also proves that the corpus are closer to figuring out warframe technology than the grineer are. (Comparison: Vor's best scientists are basically going "black orokin voodoo magic" while Alad's are working on the berserker frame and Zanuka.) So in the long run, letting the corpus complete their project is much worse than more grineer.

The Grineer existence is predicated on ensuring the sleeping Tenno never awake, why would they let the Tenno "save" their kind?

Because they aren't going to have a choice. They'll be too weakened from the fight to go against the Tenno in this.

instead of actually saving Tenno that does little to no effect on the gameplay

For me it's a matter of imagination. At the moment there's no gameplay effect, but in the lore there will surely be a big effect, and that's enough for me.

Well lets put it this way.

The corups want to:

Capture

Discect us limb from limb

Peal our skin and flay us to see what makes us tick

slab our body parts onto their little pet dogs

The corpus are a race of Josef Mengeles meets Ferengi.

The grineer are Dalek's.

Yes you might be able to save those Tenno from the corpus in a defense mission or you might get there too late. Hell we never actually SAVE any of them. We only hold off for the next shift of tenno.

Yes we can rescue the tenno from the grineer just like in the intro tutorial video for the damn game.

Either way Tenno are risking their lives of their brethren but can save them later on. The question becomes for those we can't save do we want them to be shot once or dissected and peeled limb from limb like lab rats?

I should quote this guy's post.

There is lore to prove both factions capture and dissect Tenno, there's no difference except that the Corpus do it for money and would stop if it weren't profitable, and the Grineer do it out of spite. The Grineer existence is predicated on ensuring the sleeping Tenno never awake, why would they let the Tenno "save" their kind?

The lore plays into my decision to be a Corpus fanboy, but so does the aesthetics of their weapons, the desire to have the rarer badge, and Derf Anyo.

You should discuss with him.

For me it's a matter of imagination. At the moment there's no gameplay effect, but in the lore there will surely be a big effect, and that's enough for me.

I can understand that this game being beta, the lore isn't quite fleshed out yet. But when the Intel on the event is dodgy at most, it becomes hard to imagine such a weird situation.

The way i balanced it is this. The Grineer are brutal and merciless. They hate the Tenno and will kill them no mater what. The corpus are logical, and methodical. They know they can make a profit and gain the advantage by dissecting and learning about warframes and Tenno.

But the Grineer are not content with stopping the Corpus, they want their territory. They are not trying to stop the Corpus they want Tenno dead. They are just using this as an excuse to invade and take over Corpus territory and enslave those colonies. Not every Corpus is a soldier. Infact most in the colonies that are on the ground are NOT soldiers.

So when i balanced saving a handful of Tenno that are not guarenteed to help out at all VS saving colonies from being enslaved and probably saving billions of lives from Grineer who hate the heck out of anything that isnt exactly like them... I chose to save the colonies

I can understand that this game being beta, the lore isn't quite fleshed out yet. But when the Intel on the event is dodgy at most, it becomes hard to imagine such a weird situation.

It's not particularly dodgy to me.

Corpus found some pods and cracked them open to experiment on their occupants. Grineer use this breach of contract as a causus belli.

Tenno show up to get their brethren back. Both sides realize they need Tenno support to defeat the other, so they start offering rewards if Tenno fight with them against their other enemy.

The lore also proves that the corpus are closer to figuring out warframe technology than the grineer are. (Comparison: Vor's best scientists are basically going "black orokin voodoo magic" while Alad's are working on the berserker frame and Zanuka.) So in the long run, letting the corpus complete their project is much worse than more grineer.

The Corpus just sell the chopped up (in the way that term is used for cars) Warframes. Can you show me where the Corpus are planning on using the Warframes as weapons? That's not stated anywhere that I've seen, not to say I'm ruling it out. Alad seems pretty sure the Tenno will support him if the Grineer lash out, which makes it seem like he isn't planning on ruining his standing with the Tenno.

Because they aren't going to have a choice. They'll be too weakened from the fight to go against the Tenno in this.

What? Why declare a war on the Corpus which would undermine their entire operation as a race if they did not get the support of their greatest enemies which they have never done anything for? You really believe that was the plan?

It's not particularly dodgy to me.

Corpus found some pods and cracked them open to experiment on their occupants. Grineer use this breach of contract as a causus belli.

Tenno show up to get their brethren back. Both sides realize they need Tenno support to defeat the other, so they start offering rewards if Tenno fight with them against their other enemy.

According to the intels, it doesn't even seem like they possess the Tennos yet. They just found this on Grineer territory, in which who knows what they'll do when the Grineer win and find out the coordinates (if they even needed it to begin with). There's a whole topic talking about the specifics of this. It wouldn't have been there if the intel wasn't dodgy.

The Corpus just sell the chopped up (in the way that term is used for cats) Warframes. Can you show me where the Corpus are planning on using the Warframes as weapons? That's not stated anywhere that I've seen, not to say I'm ruling it out.

The whole reverse engineering thing? You know

I mean specifically there's the discussion on the berserker frame in the last livestream, but we know in general that the corpus are all about integrating new technology into their empire.

Them integrating warframe technology would be a huge problem strategically. A game changer, really, because what lets Tenno kick so much butt is their warframes.

What? Why declare a war on the Corpus which would undermine their entire operation as a race if they did not get the support of their greatest enemies which they have never done anything for?

Because the prize at the end outweighs the problem of having to work with the Tenno. All those corpus colonies. The most glorious expansion of the Grineer empire in some time. Tremendous amounts of resources once the war is won.

Not saying you're wrong, but can you prove that?

They dissect Tenno too. Take a look at this:

My Queens-

They found us. Why did the Corpus think they could hide in the Void? Despite their heritage they seem blind to the Tenno's connection to that place. I know you are sour on mysticism but I'm beginning to turn my view on it.
Every time we tear a Tenno corpse from its metal womb we find nothing to explain their power. Our Warframe engineers gesture wildly about nanotechnology, how reactive dissolution hides the answers. What if a Warframe is merely a lightning rod? A conduit for these demons of the Void? Consider how it could change our plan.
For now I await the Tenno's invasion of our Settlements. I have brought with me some reinforcements and your messages of encouragement to rile up the troops.

Vor

Source: http://dd.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1k7rwt/tennos_gain_energy_from_the_void_storm_what_does/  (search odjit) this text was once in the game but is no longer accessible, I really do wish I could provide a better source, but if you were around for this you may remember it.

Either way Tenno are risking their lives of their brethren but can save them later on.

I know the in-game text says that, but how in the world would that even be possible? Grineer won't hand them over. Corpus won't, at least not cheaply. Lotus obviously has no idea where they are... I mean how could anyone find them if the Corpus don't? I don't expect you to know this, but it seems like a plot hole to me.

The question becomes for those we can't save do we want them to be shot once or dissected and peeled limb from limb like lab rats?

As I've stated, this is false. The Grineer will do the same things, probably much more primitively with less anesthetics. The Grineer also use slave labor (livestream 16, 1:23:55) which the Corpus don't. The Corpus are about a billion times more ethical than the Grineer. Anything the Corpus do wrong, the Grineer do as wrong as worse.

Because the prize at the end outweighs the problem of having to work with the Tenno. All those corpus colonies. The most glorious expansion of the Grineer empire in some time. Tremendous amounts of resources once the war is won.

Sorry, but why would a race engineered only to kill the sleeping Tenno just drop that and do the exact opposite to try and take some Corpus land and people? Paying the Tenno with crazy technology and resources, giving them more soldiers, so they can turn around and kill thousands of Grineer with them... what? It's 0% in line with their character as a faction. This is a glaring flaw in the lore however you look at it. The Grineer aren't even threatened by the Corpus, they're just trying to bully them. They assaulted the Corpus in sling stone, and they're doing it now.

Them integrating warframe technology would be a huge problem strategically. A game changer, really, because what lets Tenno kick so much butt is their warframes.

Not exact. The warframe is indeed high tech, but it's just powered armor. The magic powers we use to blow away stuff are given by the technocyte augmentation to the human body inside, if we want to follow loosely Dark Sector's lore.

Corpus don't seem to have a particularly good grasp on biotech or nanotech so they aren't going to get so huge benefits (also because they turn into Infested if exposed to the technocytes.

I would support them getting something suited up in something less lame than a space suit with a boxy head.

Edited by bobafetthotmail