Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overlay in game

Zulus_89

Hello 

If I use an application that makes an overlay and prints items prices - will it be considered as the reason to ban the user?

The example is:

https://youtu.be/x9E0Qps9_KQ

It does not automate your game, it does not touch the Warframe code. It is only an informative application that renders some text from warframe.market

I know this this can't be called cheating and I am very sure it has to be allowed to use.

Please let me know. 

56 minutes ago, Zulus_89 said:

I am very sure it has to be allowed to use.

If you are very sure it is allowed why are you asking if it is okay? You can be banned for anything. A third party app that interferes with WF's memory usage may get you banned.

5 minutes ago, krc473 said:

If you are very sure it is allowed why are you asking if it is okay? You can be banned for anything. A third party app that interferes with WF's memory usage may get you banned.

This app does not do anything with WF code or memory. It just reads the screenshot and gives you the prices. 

As how I see it - there is no single reason to be banned for. But wish to know other's opinion and especially someone from DE. Maybe they see it different

5 minutes ago, Zulus_89 said:

This app does not do anything with WF code or memory. It just reads the screenshot and gives you the prices. 

As how I see it - there is no single reason to be banned for. But wish to know other's opinion and especially someone from DE. Maybe they see it different

I would say you could get banned. But because it really isn't a cheat you should be able to get unbanned.

• If your app takes the screenshot itself the anti-cheat may ban you.

DE doesn't usually respond here. You'd have to email Support to get an answer.

9 minutes ago, Gilmaesh said:

if i remember someone from DE gave an answer for something similar here 

It looks like what you are talking about

Nice!

This is exactly about the same.

Surprised to see it done in 2017. And after 3 years I do pretty much same thing )

Seem to be all right here then!

Archived