Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe performance has been handicapped for pc players with hard drives.

P4551V3N37

This is the only game that has this problem. I got a 1050 ti, an i7 2600, 8gb of ram and the latest nvidia driver 461.40. I used to play this game at medium settings with no stutters. I play this game at directx 11 and I still get stutters in the recent updates. I tried deleting shader cache, playing the game and restarting it but it still keeps stuttering to the point of freezing every time I first load into a mission, run into a room, or even turning around. I've come to an understanding that warframe began having this problem since the ensmallening and that it happens with hard drive players. It seems to manually load assets from pagefile.sys since each mission is randomly generated and since the page file and the game are in two physical location on the hard drive disk, it somehow made it more difficult to load assets into the game. But what I don't understand is that each time you load to your session, your previous one unloads it's assets and when you get back, it has to manually load it back again. Hopefully DE checks these forums in case they're edited for updates but whatever they did in the recent updates have severely handicapped performance in the worst way possible. Since this is a pc problem, hopefully DE can revert their changes and trace their steps to figure out what has caused this problem. That's the only suggestion I have and I hope DE takes note of this. I think the ensmallening is a great idea for the console version of warframe since their storage is solid state but not on pc since some pc plays don't have to worry about storage. I also hope that DE saves previous versions of the game to find reported bugs from those previous versions and then fix them in the next version. I'm not sure if they already do that and I seem to be asking for too much. It'd be a waste of time to go through all the versions of warframe in 2021 unless we figure out the exact version which the issue first existed. I won't be playing as much until this bug is fixed but it's only because I can't stand the constant freezes and stutters when I know I can run this game well and that I have been. I might still be here to check if anyone else has the same problem as me. I'm sorry I've dragged this out too long. If the problem persists, I'll probably just get an ssd.

Sadly this isn't a problem related to hard drives, I'm an SSD player and I'm experiencing all the problems you mentioned in your post. However, I believe you are right in your assumptions that this situation began after the last Ensmallening Update. Hopefully the developers will fix this soon, because for me the experience has been pretty much ruined and I honestly can't be bothered to play the game as is (since that update I've only logged in for the daily rewards and that's it). 

This fix seems to work! https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/kvu5je/fix_for_extreme_stutteringfreezes/
Thanks to "Toxys" for sharing the link in other threads.

I haven't experienced anything you're describing in your post, my below specs for reference. I play the game at max settings as well.

• Processor: QuadCore Intel i5 3570K, clock 4200 MHz 
  • Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
  • Ram: 16 gig of ram DDR3-1333 (667 MHz)
  • System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, Service Pack 1, installed on a OCZ-Vertex3 SSD on the 30/10/2013 yes I haven't redone windows in awhile. :O
  • Video: GeForce GTX 1660 Super Gaming OC 6gig GDDR6 DX11.1
  • Hard Drive the game is installed on is a Western Digital Caviar Black 7200 RPM

What Windows are you running might also be a problem. I might not be getting it because I'm on W7U.

Archived