Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cetus Teralyst bounty auto-fail possible

(NSW)Kadet

I've found that if the timing is right/wrong, you can launch the Teralyst bounty from Cetus, complete it perfectly, but at the end its always "Bounty Failed".  I've been able to successfully reproduce this 3 Cetus nights in a row after figuring out how.

If you start the bounty with just a few seconds left (I waited until the countdown timer reached 3 seconds) and start the bounty, it acts like everything is good and lucky you, you get to squeeze in one last Teralyst capture before night ends.

But if it takes longer than 3 seconds to get into the tunnel to the plains, that seems to be the secret auto-fail condition.  To test, I intentionally waited 10 seconds after selecting the mission (which had a 3 second timer left when selecting it).

Nothing in the GUI gives any hint that things are going to fail.  You can get into the plains, the mission works perfectly fine until the last bullet hits Terry on the last phase of his kill/capture.  Then its "Bounty Failed", even though you did it correctly.  You do still get the Brilliant Eidolon Shard and sentient cores, but you don't get the random arcane or Cetus standing, and probably get a negative mark on your profile stats somewhere.

I did one test of this same timing pattern with a normal Cetus bounty, but its bounty was successful.  So maybe its limited to the Eidolon bounty.  I didn't try the tri-cap bounty.

EtCVQAKVEAEA18L?format=jpg&name=large

Archived