Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What To Do If Clan Leaders 'abandon' A Clan?

KoshLovesYou

Question

Theoretically, what would be the smartest thing to do to deal with a 'headless' clan, where the remaining Warlords/Lotus heads are excessively AFK and the older leadership has quit?

Has any protocol or procedure been setup for this, especially when it comes to potentially 'dead/dying' clans 'stealing' event rewards from more active ones, just due to the sheer remaining number of clueless/trapped clan members?

Besides quit the clan, obviously: This is more about how to go about 'burying' a dead clan and freeing up players that one can't contact/inform about the clan's death via the MOTD, in theory.

Edited by KoshLovesYou

9 answers to this question

It wouldn't be DE's responsibility to address this issue. It's the Warlord's/Officer's responsibility to manage and maintain their clan. It is also the member's decision whether or not to stay in a clan.

However it would be nice for DE to implement a mailing system, not just for clans.

send support ticket is your best bet.

Yeah, that might be best, in that situation, but...

It wouldn't be DE's responsibility to address this issue. It's the Warlord's/Officer's responsibility to manage and maintain their clan. It is also the member's decision whether or not to stay in a clan.

However it would be nice for DE to implement a mailing system, not just for clans.

...I was wondering if this'd be a factor, as well. The thing is, if the Warlords/Officers/Etc just shrug their shoulders and walk away from the whole affair, how do you deal with all of the people left behind in the clan who aren't in the loop about that, with nobody logged in and present to update the MOTD or being able to kick everyone out and themselves to 'kill' the clan.

This uh, isn't as hypothetical as I'd make it out to be, and is sort of related to a particular clan currently holding a high ranking in Corpus (Yes, I know, laugh), and we're a bit worried about our potentially dead corpse of a clan robbing thriving clans of a ten spot win, just due to our sheer numbers of out of the loop players.

I'll consider the support ticket idea for now, but I'd love to hear other ideas. Or even just suggestions for what DE could do to address these issues.

Here's what other games have done to address this issue.

1: After an extended time of inactivity from the current clan (guild) leader, leadership automatically passes to the next highest ranking active clan (guild) member, usually an officer.

2: Set up an in game ticket system expressly for the purpose of taking care of inactive clan (guild) leadership problems as well as leadership issues other than inactivity, such as virtual theft or such like activity. This due to it's high overhead is almost always a temporary fix  designed to take care of immediate issues. It is then replaced by an automated system as noted in #1.

3: Some iteration of the above 2 systems combined, depending on the way the game itself has dealt with communication between the player base and the customer service section.

This is in no way saying that any of these is likely to be implemented by DE, its just how the issue has been dealt with by other games and companies in the past. It is a more widespread issue than you may think, people are all into the game one week get bored and don't consider the consequences of them not being there to administer the clan's (guild's) assets.

...I was wondering if this'd be a factor, as well. The thing is, if the Warlords/Officers/Etc just shrug their shoulders and walk away from the whole affair, how do you deal with all of the people left behind in the clan who aren't in the loop about that, with nobody logged in and present to update the MOTD or being able to kick everyone out and themselves to 'kill' the clan.

This uh, isn't as hypothetical as I'd make it out to be, and is sort of related to a particular clan currently holding a high ranking in Corpus (Yes, I know, laugh), and we're a bit worried about our potentially dead corpse of a clan robbing thriving clans of a ten spot win, just due to our sheer numbers of out of the loop players.

The clan will eventually die out without any leadership. The same happens in other games as well. I'm not familiar with any games that have functions towards what you're describing.

Because clans are now tiered all clans have exactly the same potential to win because of their numbers. If a particular clan is winning despite the leadership being absent then that's a testament towards their dedication.

Since you're concerned about this problem I suggest that you either A) attempt to contact the leadership in the clan and/or B) take it upon yourself to inform members that the clan is headless. Also note that many players don't really care and are just there for the dojo/occasional party. Good luck.

They did just implement an Inbox system. Perhaps they could give that clanwide mail options?

The current mail system is a joke. By far one of the most useful functions that I've seen in games is the ability to message offline players.

Because clans are now tiered all clans have exactly the same potential to win because of their numbers. If a particular clan is winning despite the leadership being absent then that's a testament towards their dedication.

Since you're concerned about this problem I suggest that you either A) attempt to contact the leadership in the clan and/or B) take it upon yourself to inform members that the clan is headless. Also note that many players don't really care and are just there for the dojo/occasional party. Good luck.

Yeah, rather than just delete the clan, I figured we'd at least try to get DE to help us update our MOTD to let everyone know what is up, since there isn't any other way to send clan-wide messages. It'd be nice if we could remove the 39ish players trapped in our 'Pending' list, as well rather than keeping them in limbo. It's also sad that we can no longer build any structures, even though we're winning prizes (and have in the past), due to this.

Here's what other games have done to address this issue.

1: After an extended time of inactivity from the current clan (guild) leader, leadership automatically passes to the next highest ranking active clan (guild) member, usually an officer.

2: Set up an in game ticket system expressly for the purpose of taking care of inactive clan (guild) leadership problems as well as leadership issues other than inactivity, such as virtual theft or such like activity. This due to it's high overhead is almost always a temporary fix  designed to take care of immediate issues. It is then replaced by an automated system as noted in #1.

3: Some iteration of the above 2 systems combined, depending on the way the game itself has dealt with communication between the player base and the customer service section.

This is in no way saying that any of these is likely to be implemented by DE, its just how the issue has been dealt with by other games and companies in the past. It is a more widespread issue than you may think, people are all into the game one week get bored and don't consider the consequences of them not being there to administer the clan's (guild's) assets.

Number 2 would be nice, at least. Here's hoping a regular support ticket will work.