Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why cant we choose to avoid being host?

Vexiter

Simple as that. Why is it that in the four options on entering a mission (Public, Friends Only, Invite Only, & Solo) is there not a fifth option or a smaller section of Public that would allow a player to avoid being a host for a squad. I who has pretty bad internet have received complaints about lag or rubber banding while I'm host, and I wouldn't mind if the option would require to say wait in a loading screen, a mission start, or even "waiting for players". Its especially rough trying to dodge being a host in the open world bounties. You go through the door and hope that your joining someone else. Turns out when you don't, you have to run into the open world and turn right back around and run through the door again all hoping some unsuspecting player isn't joining your squad. And when they do you more or less have to either leave the squad making them go through a migrating host, or try and finish the bounties with your popcorn internet. I'm not the most knowledgeable person to be talking about this, I know that. I just want to start a Topic asking what would be difficulties trying to implement an easier way for people with terrible internet to dodge being a host?

100% agree. 

Most people thankfully don't complain when I host, but I'm always waiting for it. I know people are lagging because of me though.

Their test in Scarlet Spear showed it worked and how good it was to have as an option. One day I hope they pay attention and make this possible for every mission. Also hope it would prevent me from becoming a host after a migration.

Besides it would be better than my current process to trying to join a mission:

1) Have finger on Y key and select mission.

2) 10 second timer starts and immediately hit Y to cancel queue.

3) Leave squad if someone joins in that 1 second period.

4) Try again and again and again until I finally find a host.

Archived