Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What if Magnetic Proc disabled shield gate on enemies?

S7ORM

Corpus have always been annoying to fight. Coming back to the game recently, I noticed that slash procs don't bypass shields, and gas doesn't do toxin anymore. While I'm glad [DE] implemented Shield Gating (a mechanic for which I posted a request thread many years before :) ), it makes fighting Corpus with slower weapons feel terrible. So long my Paris Prime, time to grab a rapid fire weapon instead.

While yes, you can bypass it with weakpoint shots, I feel it would be very beneficial to the underused magnetic damage type to add to its effects, temporarily disabling shield gating on enemies (not on Tenno, for whom it drains energy instead). Idk about the lot of you, but I'm still more likely to bring Radiation/Viral against Corpus, so this might help to even it out the disparity between damage types, while also acting as a small buff for slow firing weapons against Corpus.

33 minutes ago, S7ORM said:

I noticed that slash procs don't bypass shields, and gas doesn't do toxin anymore.

Just sayin', the option of using pure Toxin still exists, especially on weapons with innate Toxin / Viral.

underused magnetic damage type

TBH, I don't think giving Magnetic further incentives to be used against that one Faction is the way to go,
I'd much rather see it being useful against all Factions in some way.

Reduce / remove the heavy penalty against Alloy Armor (which not least hurts Magnetic against Corpus bosses, lol why DE),
make the proc do something not-Shield-specific, e.g. a disruption effect for enemy weapons,
or ... you know, magnetizing enemies so they get (CC'd and) pulled towards each other,
which would then make Gas procs (once buffed to actually scale with elemental Mods) combo quite nicely with that, I think.

Or some other effect, but basically, make it a debuff while Gas is for damage,
similar to how the pairs of Radiation + Viral and Blast + Corrosive work (though buff Blast also).

buff for slow firing weapons

Those also may need help in general, when it comes to procs.

We have SC over 100% do something now, yet few weapons can actually feasibly make use of that,
buff big-single-shot weapons (especially those that also have meager Crit prowess) to way more easily reach ~200% at least, if not 300%+.

(not on Tenno, for whom it drains energy instead)

I'm still not convinced, is this actually ... necessary / balanced / good?

How about replacing that effect with (again) a temporary gun jamming? (Plus UI disruption on top.)

That not least would make it make quite a bit more sense that Infested can proc Magnetic,
since this would make your guns useless and force you into Melee range, which is where Infested want you to be.

Archived