Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Orphix vendor system should return AND Konzu and little duck should stock warframes arcanes too.

Commanduf

Just to pre-face this I am not speaking as a person who would benifet from this suggested change, I already completed my arcane collection years ago.

I was really hoping that the Orphix Venom vendor would remain as well as Quill Onko and Little Duck being given the same arcanes to their stores so newer players won't have to know the repetative RNG misery me and other vets have went through.

To a certian extent RNG drops can be fun but its obvious their main purpose is to artifically increase playtime despite the detrimental effect it actually has on enjoyment, having the arcanes available not just as a random drop but as a clear thing to work towards via not JUST one of the raid missions but obtainable by all 3 would massivly eleviate the grind and be much more enjoyable and rewarding for newer players. I know I sure as hell would have much perfered a system like that. Also I get to be in a circumstance that I can put in lots of hours into this online game but many other users won't be able to make that kind of time commitment due to rl responsabilties. The game would be made more rewarding, more varied AND more friendly to casual players.

I know a few people reading this will be thinking "but it's not fair I had to get them grinding 100's of hours of RNG, why should they get it easy." and theres no real way to eleviate that to be honest, it was DE's call in the first place to make them random drops and while hindsight is 20/20 I don't think how things were done previously should prevent changes that would be objectivly good to users enjoyment. Theres no way to get those hours back that us vets put in to get the arcanes but I do think it would be fair to get some sort of reimbursent at the least in the form of special trophies, emblems or good semi-exclusive content (content that would eventually become non-exclusive later so everyone gets to enjoy it) maybe like an Eidalons severed finger or something as a heavy weapon could be added in the future and those of us who did x amount of eidalons before the change get a special varient as an off-the-cuff example.

On a simmiler note it would be cool for the PVP weapon skins to be obtainable in a additional different way too, took me far FAR too long to complete uncle teshins store.

I fully agree. DE did a good thing with the Effort + RNG system they introduced with OV, and they acknowledged it. As someone who also wouldn't benefit from this and as someone who also profited very well from Arcane sales in the past, I have no qualms about it become more readily available for newer/more casual players. 

Still, given how Lavos ended upon Father's main vendor category when OV ended I doubt DE intends to make Arcanes available to exchange for Phasic Cells. I hope I'm wrong in this assumption.

We should never condemn others to frustration just because we happened to be there when it was less pleasant. And I don't even mean the Eidolon RNG when I say "less pleasant". Most of my Arcanes originate from Law of Retribution and Jordas Verdict. Farming Arcane sets with my SO, for her, during Scarlet Spear was one of the most satisfying farms I have ever done (even though I mostly didn't gain anything from it, save for finishing Arcane sets due to their expansion). Thanks to it her builds are way better nowadays and she can do way more content without my help.

Archived