The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Gorgon Prime

Kalizy

what about the seer? and if look closer, the braton is CORPUS design, and yet it is a prime version of it.

Seer isn't a Prime. The Prime weapon is the original Orokin copy. The Seer is a hybrid Grineer/Orokin pistol, with a Grineer base and little bits of Orokin tech added. The Seer didn't exist back when the Orokin were alive, so it's not a Prime.

The Braton is a confusing case, really. It's widely used by the Tenno and has a Prime, yet it has Corpus writing on it. I won't open that can of worms.

Seer isn't a Prime. The Prime weapon is the original Orokin copy. The Seer is a hybrid Grineer/Orokin pistol, with a Grineer base and little bits of Orokin tech added. The Seer didn't exist back when the Orokin were alive, so it's not a Prime.

The Braton is a confusing case, really. It's widely used by the Tenno and has a Prime, yet it has Corpus writing on it. I won't open that can of worms.

I think the Braton Prime came first, then the Corpus copied the design and made the regular Braton. Then the Bratons were sold to the Lotus and the Tenno because the Corpus care about business and making money no matter who is the buyer

Isn't the Braton an Orokin weapon reversed engineered by the Corpus then later sold to the Tenno?

That's the inferred explanation, yeah.

Hey where is Gorgon weapon...........at shop...? Why? I just want to buy it...

It was removed from the marketplace. It's still possible to get it on 3 star login rewards.

If DE is going to make wraith version of Gorgon, they should name it The Gorgon's Wraith. It should have an innate ice damage, because you would be turned into stone when fighting a gorgon. Since we can't turn the enemy into stone, ice cubes would be the next option.

I think others have given a good enough explanation for Braton: It was an Orikin weapon, reverse engineered by the Corpus and later sold to other factions as it became obselete and they started using energy weapons (Dera, Supra). So it can have a Prime (original Orikin version) and Vandal (Lotus modified Corpus version). Technically, since the Grineers themselves have used it in the past (in the very early versions of the game, IIRC), I suppose the Braton can ALSO be a Wraith, even though it hasn't been done yet.

I assume that the Lato also follows a very similar lore. For what its worth, it also makes sense that the starting weapons have been used by the other factions and "discarded" to you after they have both out-used them.

Once you take Braton and Lato out of the equation (because even with this lore "justification", its arguable still a bit iffy), the rest of the weapons follows Grineer Wraith, Corpus Vandal, and Orikin Prime standard:

Strun Wraith --> Strun is used by Grineers as shotguns for the longest time. Outside of Phobos, they still are.

Machete Wraith --> Clearly used by Scorpions

Snipetron Vandal --> Snipetron is a Corpus weapon, as reinforced by DE several times, despite being bullet based

Prova Vandal --> Clearly used by crewman.

Primes --> Practically all of them are Tenno weapons and the Skana and Paris in particular specifically mentioned being older weapons Tenno have used before, which would make sense with an Orikin origin.

So by this logic, Gorgon Wraith. =D

Edited by Blazer-X

Strun is definitely a grineer weapon, while Boar a tenno. 
Strun's midsection holds a lot of similarity to the sharp angles of a Viper. Boar replaces that with the much more organic circle, akin to Tenno weaponry.
It is possible Strun was reproduced based off the boar or boar prime by the grineer, much like how the braton is of orokin origin and was reverse engineered by corpus.  
I fully support a gorgon wraith though. What should be done with its stats though? 

If they did bring the Gorgon back, it would be a Gorgon Wraith.

Each faction now has it's own specific weapon upgrades.

Grineer - Wraith

Corpus - Vandal

Tenno - Prime

Although the Strun looks more Corpus-ish than Grineer.

Edited by __Kanade__