Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ideas of properly integrating railjack + regular mission (hopefully useful for future railjack updates)

yoman15

After reading multiple threads, I think most of us have agreed on the reason that railjack sucks because of the most part (specifically the ground battle part)of the corpus railjack missions have no linkage with the mode "railjack" itself, making it another regular mission

I have thought of a few ideas/mission types for putting into railjack mission to meaningfully merge regular mission and railjack together, see if this works out?

1) Enemy spawning mechanism in ground battle link to enemy fighters and/or crewship

After clear out a space station

instead of mobs keep spawning in random places in the place, fighters and/or crewships with elite units inside will dash into the battle field and try to reclaim the base(for whatever reason, e.g. taking back some of their advance technology, stopping players from extracting their encrypted data, etc. )

they will priorities heading to the base instead of fighting the railjack, like mobs in mobile defense

railjack crew will have to intercept them before they landing on the base and spawning high level mobs(it have to be much higher level or people may just ignore the railjack part and just kill them all in the base when they land imo)

2) Add mission failing conditions during ground battles that depending on space battle

during a ground battle, when enemies are losing(e.g. Hijack-like objectives progress reaching to 70% complete)

fighters and crewships may tries to deliver one or multiple nuclear bombs that intending to destroying the whole base and players objectives

railjack crew have to intercept it but not destroying it, like invading the crewship or something

then probably players are allowed to place the nuclear bomb to other objectives for a bonus reward

3)invading neighboring base to use its powerful cannon shooting down a mothership 

like the assault at kuva fortress, players have to gain control of the cannon in ground battle, while the railjack crew have to protect the cannon from being damaged by enemies who wanted to protect their mothership.

I like the idea of railjack so much, but separating regular mission part and railjack part is making railjack less like "railjack"

32 minutes ago, yoman15 said:

instead of mobs keep spawning in random places in the place, fighters and/or crewships with elite units inside will dash into the battle field and try to reclaim the base(for whatever reason, e.g. taking back some of their advance technology, stopping players from extracting their encrypted data, etc. )

I would imagine "it was theirs" would be sufficient. What would be the point in making it any more complicated than that? It basically sounds like you are suggesting a defense mission is forced on people completing other missions. This would be a terrible idea, it is bad enough forcing people into an exterminate, let alone a defense.

36 minutes ago, yoman15 said:

fighters and crewships may tries to deliver one or multiple nuclear bombs that intending to destroying the whole base and players objectives

A nuclear bomb could be said to be a "blast" and some "radiation". Would you really be worried about that? I think you need to consider the bomb used, or if one is even needed. Advanced civilisations would surely just have a killswitch for their important systems.

38 minutes ago, yoman15 said:

I like the idea of railjack so much, but separating regular mission part and railjack part is making railjack less like "railjack"

Wasn't RJ meant to be a space battle? Adding non-space elements surely detracts from what RJ was meant to be. The combination we have at the moment seems to work, but it is also fairly boring. I think DE should focus on adding things that wont be boring - others may find your suggestions excellent, I think they wouldn't add much.

4小时前 , krc473 说:

I would imagine "it was theirs" would be sufficient. What would be the point in making it any more complicated than that? It basically sounds like you are suggesting a defense mission is forced on people completing other missions. This would be a terrible idea, it is bad enough forcing people into an exterminate, let alone a defense.

A nuclear bomb could be said to be a "blast" and some "radiation". Would you really be worried about that? I think you need to consider the bomb used, or if one is even needed. Advanced civilisations would surely just have a killswitch for their important systems.

I believe what you are saying here are all pointing out that my wording are either too clumsy/unnecessary or not accurate, which wording isn't what I want to dig deep into at the first place. So you can replace the word "nuclear bomb" with any super duper destructive weapon you want, and use "it was theirs" if you find it too clumsy for cephalon cy to say it.

4小时前 , krc473 说:

It basically sounds like you are suggesting a defense mission is forced on people completing other missions. This would be a terrible idea, it is bad enough forcing people into an exterminate, let alone a defense.

What I am trying to suggest is a defense mission that involve both space and ground battle(instead of the boring ground-only railjack defense that people criticizing as another regular mission), which I personally like it, and probably some others that like to play around the synergy between railjack crew and away crew too

and wdym it's forcing people completing other missions? people can choose to ignore defense mission just like they do in the starchart if they don't like it. I'm just saying this enemy spawning mechanics can be considered to be implemented in the defense mission.

4小时前 , krc473 说:

Wasn't RJ meant to be a space battle? Adding non-space elements surely detracts from what RJ was meant to be. 

yes, it's a space battle, and if you are in love of pure space battle without any impurities (aka ground battles in space that I have suggested), you can probably also tell DE to bring back a harder version of gian point, like what I am currently trying to do. But as far as I know, me and many others are looking for a good integration between space and ground battles, instead of the current "half pure space battle half pure ground battle" railjack missions. IMO the word "space battle" means battling in space, which invading and conquering space stations in various ways and the synergy between railjack and away crew can be included, and not confined into only archwing and railjack battle.

4小时前 , krc473 说:

The combination we have at the moment seems to work, but it is also fairly boring. I think DE should focus on adding things that wont be boring

It's boring is because how similar it is comparing to regular missions

And the similarity they have is because DE just simply put a regular mission into the main objective of a railjack mission

So it's the problem of the combination we have, which is not working for most of the players(especially true for current defense mission).

IMO keep adding things into a falsely design system can hardly change it's fundamental problem, which shouldn't be encouraged

14 hours ago, yoman15 said:

After clear out a space station

12 hours ago, yoman15 said:

and wdym it's forcing people completing other missions?

You are stating that someone should clear their space station mission then have to do a follow up defence mission. This is not something that would be well received - refer to all the complaints about a simple extermination being forced on us with some normal missions.

But as far as I know, me and many others are looking for a good integration between space and ground battles, instead of the current "half pure space battle half pure ground battle" railjack missions

My issue was more around DE not being able to make the "pure space battle" any good. The RJ content just feels like a really clunky flight sim with normal starchart missions added on.

It's boring is because how similar it is comparing to regular missions

For you, sure. The whole thing just feels unfinished. The space flight is pretty bad, and the ground missions are just standard missions. It does seem like RJ has not been improved by much with the new update.

I believe what you are saying here are all pointing out that my wording are either too clumsy/unnecessary or not accurate, which wording isn't what I want to dig deep into at the first place. So you can replace the word "nuclear bomb" with any super duper destructive weapon you want, and use "it was theirs" if you find it too clumsy for cephalon cy to say it.

(Aside from Nuclear bombs not existing) My issue was more that wording didn't make sense. In a normal Hijack mission they explode the core/rover, they don't deliver a random bomb.

Archived