Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sawgaw Conservation Idea

So, one frustration I've observed when trying to capture Sawgaws (the bird things)

is that they'll land someplace up high on a tree

and during the act of climbing up to get a clear shot they'll either move away, or see me. ruining the perfect capture.

Occurs to me, how do people hunt birds in real life? they certainly don't climb trees after them as that would make a ruckus, they pick a spot Beforehand to wait quietly so as not be noticed.

so my Proposal is, what if the Call Points for Sawgaws and other flying creatures, be Moved to the tops of trees or hills? Places where it would make sense for the hunter to lie in wait. Anything but on the ground far far away from where the bird will actually land.

I think this would remove a lot of the frustration of these specific conservation targets. and it would follow the pattern of other animal types, where we already do the lie in wait method -not the "chase bird up tree method"

I've never had much problems with Sawgaws, not honestly sure why they crop up so often as a complaint. Later Orb Vallis animals are a lot more troublesome (and earlier ones! Pobbers are the most difficult) assuming you don't cheese them with sleep abilities.

For Sawgaws, I usually run up a cliff so I get an overview, then I lie in wait. It's the same approach I take with all of them.

Archived