Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ignis: Overbuffed Much?

CaptainohCaptain

The problem to me isn't that the Ignis is OP. Honestly, I'm fine with it. I bet an op weapon is really handy for higher level content.

The problem comes when someone comes in with and Ignis on, like Venus. Seriously, what the hell are you even doing there, man? At least use the lower level mobs as an excuse to change weapons and play with something more appropriate, to at least keep some semblance of a challenge. I can only imagine it'd be boring, just running around holding M1.

Shut your face. I waited far too long for my favorite weapon type to get the loving it so deserved. There is a reason fire is so damaging...its freaking fire! I acknowledge that is has become quite a powerful weapon, but instead of nerfing it back into oblivion, give it a higher mastery requirement. 

79 people didn't read the thread. 

--------------------

i somewhat agree. but only because your suggested change is to slim down the cone of fire so it points more in a direction instead of a blizzard of fire bullets ;)

that would actually be more of a buff than anything, but eh, why not. it would make Ignis a little more reasonable in comparison to how a flamethrower actually works. i don't expect hardcore realism, but Ignis basically killing by shooting gas everywhere and igniting it constantly, is extremely ineffective. 

liquid spray and igniting is by far, more effective.

so instead of a gas leak, more like a shower head on a 'rainstorm' setting. liquid bring propelled in a general direction, but not quite a solid cylinder of liquid or anything.

everybody unlucky to rely either on their shields instead of armor.

:/

implying Shields mean ANYTHING nowadays in terms of enemy survival. their Shields are a joke. if a Heavy Unit of X level has say, 500 Shields, it'll probably have 10,000 Health.

that is way off. the Shield is too insignificant. it is a useless feature that only protects against like, two bullets. 

Plus you have added 2 formas and a catalyst. Any gun gets pretty good with that on it.

Not really... a crap gun is still crap with 2 formas + catalyst. plus no standard gun does AOE damage meaning it scales to the amount of enemies close by... it one shots multiple enemies vs hind one shotting 1 enemy.. then wasting 4 bullets. thats not pretty good :p grataka, boltor both basically still lack damage no matter how you add mods to them. plus very little can kill as many enemies at the same time as the ignis. 

To be clear. Im not saying it needs a huge nerf. I think its actually in a pretty good place right now. great for clearing out low levels (and thats fine) but IMO it needs to scale less well vs many enemies, and scale a little better vs high level stuff. Probably lower the cone AOE a little as others have said.. add a little dps back 

Edited by xenapan

I don't like finding a game where there's an Ignis user, especially on Apollodorus when that Ignis user is a speedy Nova with zorens, kills the flow of gameplay ( zorencoptering alone kills gameplay in general ). Difficult to try an rank up a sidearm or melee weapon when an Ignis user comes in and takes all the kills for themselves like it's some sort of race when I'm just trying to level up a weapon. You can't even isolate yourself in survival games cause that zoren nova ignis user is just there to find the huge mobs and move on.

When someone gets a kill near you, the xp is shared 1/3 for your primary, 1/3 for your secondary and 1/3 for your warframe.

Edited by Grulos