Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's not Disruption, but I quite like Volatile; and my takeaway for Corpus RJ in general.

Chroia

Coming at this entirely from a solo perspective. I imagine it plays differently in a group.

* It keeps you busy, juggling enemies, heat buildup, tile traversal, and the occasional Engineer.

* It's fairly generous in the fail condition, giving a very clear 15 second countdown.

* Where every. single. other objective is non-optional, but rather a prerequisite to playing the actual mission you're there for, 
Volatile has an actual optional objective in stealing credentials to lower Engineer spawns, serving as a kind of difficulty selector.

I'd love to see the pre-objectives in all other mission types changed to that:
In the same way that clearing the pre-objectives removes their harassment, if you
* Want or don't want certain mission modifiers? Clear them as your pre-mission objectives.
(This also gives you the option of giving a mission X modifiers, and letting the player only disable some of them.)
* Don't want to 'mess around' with RJ, or want a challenge? Bum-rush the main objective, at the cost of having the hardest mission possible.

Volatile is pretty fun, yeah! I often stick to exterminate because you can't lose and you don't have to cap off dancing the forward artillery hokey pokey, but it's an engaging and active mode that could be pretty fun to have an endless variant of somehow.

The optional objective doesn't seem to make much of a difference either way. In fact, having more engineers can be helpful since they'll completely drain the heat buildup.

Archived