Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Warframes. Too Much Farming. P2W.

maxyboyufo

i know you guys are going to add more, just hoping that theyre will be a constant supply of warframes (say 1-2 each patch). agreeing with other posts, there is a llot of farming, and sometimes little reward. also the p2w aspect seems to be prominent in this game, dont worry ill definatly spend money on this game because of the quality, but on the other hand it does seem "wallet warrior" to me.

hope this helps, great game so far, keep up the good work.

Max

The pay-to-win rant won't and can't be applied in here.

It's up to you, your skills and your teammates to win. Whatever and whoever you bring will have a weight on your mission.

And since most Warframes have nothing special about them. They're mainly different characters that differ from the way you play with others.

They don't help you better than others, that's for sure. Each one of them has a specific role and there are a lot of roles to be fulfilled.

Any suggestion to improve the game? Examples of P2W? How is it "prominent in this game"?

Also before you say P2W, we have been going over this in another thread.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/12256-warframe-very-close-to-pure-p2w/

The farming in this game for resources is easy compared to other games, the few rare items to farm are the warframe blueprints and powerful mods, which are correctly why they are rare. Almost everything in the game can be obtained without platinum.

I'm starting to see more vanity items being platinum only which is good for F2P and with the alert and login reward system almost anything can be put in as a reward if DE decides too. (Namely the reactors, catalysts, blueprints, helmets, etc)

I say mods are more of a factor than the weapon/frame you have, and they can't be bought, only found in mission by everyone, paying or not.

nah, but if the dude next to me can have the advantage of leveling up faster and over all being better, it does frustrate me.

The exprience is shared in-game.

Being better is due to the gear they have, which can all be built in game without platinum. They do not have anything platinum exclusive that make them better. Like in my previous post, mods to me are more of a factor than the weapon/frame itself.

its just the fact that you can buy a warframe instantly with real money, or wait and grind and grind and grind.

And? Use that time to level up your curent gear. It isn't P2W, it's P4C - Pay 4 Convenience

EDIT - OH COME ON _RUE_ DON'T NINJA ME LIKE THAT

Edited by BraveDude8

its just the fact that you can buy a warframe instantly with real money, or wait and grind and grind and grind.

I don't see how leveling up has anything to do with that.

But if the developers were to make grinding less boring or easier, then they would get no profit.

Imagine yourself being the developer of this game. You have to profit.

Make blueprint parts easy to get and nobody would buy Warframes with platinum.

i take it no one read my other suggestions?

What other suggestion(s)?

You mean the vanity items? You mean what they just released and are working on? You mean what has been platinum only for a while now? (Helms, Axe skins, Color palettes)

Edited by FateZero

P2W isn't prominence in this game. It's grinding.

The way I see it, Warframe is P2C like many forumers have been posting so far in many threads. The only thing that can't be earned through playing is color palletes and slots (wait, cool color is on sale for 1 credit). Participating in alert missions give player a chance to gain vanity items and orokin artifacts which supercharge your weapons and frames. I do not know that the OP is posting via his alternate ID or not since he joined Warframe less than a day and bash the game P2W but I'll give benefit of the doubt.

The price of each frame in platinum depends on which platinum package you purchase. However, all of them can be freely earned through grinding. In fact, it's the excessive grinding that actually bother players and has been making them claiming the game is P2W.

What is the purpose of grinding? Blueprints, components, and mods are earned through grinding. However, it also buy developer time needed to create new content since the rate that players consume the content is vastly faster than the rate that developer can create content. So, grinding must exist for developer's sake. The problem is how to make the game feels rewarding despite the underlying RNG nature of the game. I hope DE do something about it in update7.

Edited by neKroMancer

Jesus christ stop flaming the poor guy.

He's one of the many people who thinks this game is too "Wallet Warrior" aka too "Pay to Win"

And he's right in that aspect. Supporting the company should be done via purely cosmetic features or buying founder's packs to get your name in the game or some special purely vain item.

You shouldn't have to pay to get more frame slots, more weapon slots, more revives, the ability to level your weapons and frames passed lvl 15 or get warframes without needing to bore yourself to death farming the same levels over and over.

Pay for Convenience would entail that everything could be gotten with just farming/playing the game. Which is not so. Hence Pay to Win.

--------

Edited by Nokturnel

He's one of the many people who thinks this game is too "Wallet Warrior" aka too "Pay to Win"

And he's right in that aspect. Supporting the company should be done via purely cosmetic features or buying founder's packs to get your name in the game or some special purely vain item.

You shouldn't have to pay to get more frame slots, more weapon slots, more revives, the ability to level your weapons and frames passed lvl 15 or get warframes without needing to bore yourself to death farming the same levels over and over.

Pay for Convenience would entail that everything could be gotten with just farming/playing the game. Which is not so. Hence Pay to Win.

--------

It's slots only. 4 revives are given per frame per day. Calling slot system as P2W model isn't exactly right. Mechwarrior has mechbay, Tera limit your action slot, Star trek also limit character slot among other things.

I'm not arguing that it's good for players. However, call the game P2W because of this system isn't right.

--------

Battlefield Heroes used this system on closed beta bud not many got ther skins thats why te add BF only weapons and armor.

Battlefield Heroes interview by Gamereactor (2008)

Edited by Darkmoon