Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Dry Dock in someone else's Dojo

DisguisedKoala

After finishing a mission on someone else's Railjack and going to the Dry Dock, I end up in a railjack which looks like mine, but in the dojo of the host. 
This really isn't that big of a deal on its own, however in order for me to get to my own railjack (from which I selected the mission which put me on board someone else's railjack) I will need to leave the Dojo and enter my orbiter, only to go to navigation and select the dojo/dry dock again, which means that after the mission ends, I will have to go through 3 consecutive loading screens:

1. at the end of the mission
  2. When leaving the dojo
  3. When entering my own dojo

Here are some possible solutions:

• 1 - Make it so that a railjack isn't linked to anyone's dojo. This way you stay together as squad after a mission in a railjack, but upon leaving the squad you are in your own dojo.
    PRO: This removes 2 loading screens.
    CON: When leaving the railjack, you are not in the same dojo as the rest of your squad. Some people might want to hang out there for a bit.
    Con: I can imagine this being hardest to program as people will need to be in their own dojo as well as someone else's. From how I believe the railjack location is coded, the railjack is seen as a room part of the dojo, and when leaving that room you suddenly end up in another dojo with this option.
  • 2 - Another solution would be to add Dojo to the navigation aboard the railjack in someone else's dojo. (currently it isn't, which is why you need to leave the dojo first).
    PRO: This removes 1 loading screen
    CON: if others leave the dojo before you do this, the game will still tell you that 'it is time for you to go' as you are the only person in that dojo, without being part of the clan. This will send you back to your orbiter, which means you still have a total of 3 loading screens.
  • 3 - The final solution (and in my opinion the best suited for Warframe) is adding a new option in the options menu which you can toggle. This decides whether you go back to your orbiter or your own dojo when you leave a squad. This means that people can decide what happens, based on what they prefer. If you select orbiter, things will happen as they currently do: You arrive in someone else's dojo, and upon leaving you will be sent to your orbiter. If you select dojo, you will first arrive in someone else's dojo like currently happens, however upon leaving the squad you end up in your own dojo. To avoid issues with checking if people have a railjack yet, you will simply spawn in at the configure railjack terminal, the same location where you spawn upon leaving your railjack in your dojo.
    PRO: People can choose where they are sent when leaving the dojo after a railjack mission.
    PRO: This can remove 1 loading screen.
    CON: It adds another thing to the options menu, which has to be as simple and clear as possible for newer players not to get overwhelmed. (however this issue is not very impactful, as DE is very good at making options clear in functionality).

In the end, I believe solution 3 to be optimal, since it always gives 2 loading screens to where you want to go, whether that is your dojo or orbiter.

Of course solution 1 would be the best in terms of loading screens, however I can fully understand if this solution isn't implemented. The effort required to do this is not worth it, compared to the size of the problem this suggestion attempts to solve.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

I think your actual count is one, one loading screen. Not three.

You dont per se get a loading screen, but the game is loading in a certain area. In railjack this is done by travelling through that void looking stuff, but I count it as a loading screen.

So when you finish the mission and go to the dry dock to end it, your game loads the dry dock of the dojo of the host.

Then you go to your own orbiter, which gives you another loading screen.

Then to get to your own railjack you travel to your own dojo, giving you another loading screen.

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Nope, or have you forgotten the tube already?

By going through the tube I cannot get full access to the upgrade menu of the railjack. When I receive materials and new railjack parts, I wanna take a look at them and maybe even repair the parts already to upgrade my railjack, but I can't do that with the tube.

Archived