Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Gradivus Dilemma Has Ended, Tenno

The_Lotus

this was so much fun, called it 5hr's in though, corpus relie too much on there money and not enough on there skill, grineer where alwayd going to win.

but be warned, with there victory comes the corpus revenge, they will be plotting revenge!

this was so much fun, called it 5hr's in though, corpus relie too much on there money and not enough on there skill, grineer where alwayd going to win.

but be warned, with there victory comes the corpus revenge, they will be plotting revenge!

I hate that the Zanuka project was never revealed. I was hoping to have to face something that was difficult to change the odds of the battle, sadly nothing ever showed up.

Time to make things right DE.  You destroyed this event, absolutely destroyed it.  Now before You all cast me aside as another sore loser or forum troll, let me explain why I feel this way.

1.  Battlepay was horribly one sided for the first 3 missions.  (Solution:  The battlepay rewards should have all been the same.  This would have stopped newbie players from simply going for whatever side gave the best reward.)

2.  For the first half of the event it was almost impossible to stay in a group without the host dropping us to main menu.  (Solution:  Network issues have been a huge part of this game since I started playing in the closed beta and I am sure before that.  Spend more time and money on making the game work properly, rather than giving us new content.)

3.  Numerous bugs encountered.  From non-destroyable enemies to falling out of the world.  (Not sure about Grineer side but I encoutered multiple missions I could not complete because of enemy rollers bugging out.  How is it fair that I should spend twice the time running missions because you guys haven't figured out all the bugs.)

4.  Someone manually changed the results of 4 missions?  You would think that you guys might start spending more on security, competent programmers and looking for bugs than whipping out as many items as you can as fast as you can.

What do we deserve?  Well thats up to you DE but I think everyone who ran 25 runs or more should get the pistol.  You need to make this right though, do not pretend this event went according to plan.  

Hey everyone if you see something I didn't add then post it on here.  This is two events in a row that have been royally screwed because it would seem DE simply didn't take the time it should have.  If you feel the same please vote this post up.

Hmm, what pistol should they give? I'm betting you want your boxy camcorder. Typical of Corpus whiners, they lose, they try to bend the rules to get the rewards they want...

Well, I'd have to say that I enjoyed the event immensely.  In fact, I'm kind of hoping that even the hacking incident gets canonized somehow - Corpus deploying holographic ships to scare away a superior Grineer fleet?  Launching boarding drones that hack into the Grineer tactical consoles and make them hallucinate thousands of Corpus arriving?  Well, when they launch the Gas Cities we can go find those for ourselves in a later event (or even just flavor text for Alert missions).  Or what if it had been Grineer, how might they have spooked the Corpus out of a win?  If nothing else I'd like to see a mention of it in Ruk's victory speech.  Even bizarre and generally negative things like that can be spun out into something amusing or even constructive with a little creativity.

And speaking of creativity, there are a few other thoughts I had on ways to improve the mechanic for the next time around (and honestly, who doesn't think there'll be a next time?).  I'm sure other people have come up with these too, but the threads are getting a wee bit long to browse quickly, so here goes.

For one, I'd like to see a bit more mission variety - maybe Sabotage, Endless Defense, Capture, and Survival on top of the basic Exterminate mission we've already been running?  Sabotage gives more reward points for each corrupter injected (or whatever the exact model they said they're introducing is; I remember it was related to the Fomorian event), Survival (defending a critically damaged friendly ship) gives more per wave, ditto for Endless Defense (defending the bridge/fire control/etc.), and Capture and Exterminate are functionally the same mission when all is said and done.  You can vote for them on a second wheel once everyone's settled on the faction they want to run with.  I heard a lot of people complaining about boredom with the Exterminate boarding missions over and over, so I figure this gives a few opportunities to blow off steam with other reasonably popular mission types.

Then, and this one I *know* everyone else has said, there's always a possibility for extra factions, either intervening midwar to shake up the narrative or just being there from the start.  I could see just having a three-way faction wheel working for the UI, although it would be a nightmare for the level generator to put all three on the same map.  Maybe different nodes just have different conflicts at different times?  Simpler, and it actually kind of reinforces the balance/mercenary thing we Tenno have got going.  Again, ways to mix things up and make the event more interesting than just hammering away at a single mission type with a single enemy faction (or even two).

Third, I'd have much rather the event had come after the Gas City and Grineer Shipyard tilesets were released, because as fun as it was there was no real indication other than the livestream of how bad a Grineer victory would be.  This has been in pretty much every thread too, but showing us Corpus operating tables with Tenno cadavers or even just Tenno prisoner gear stacked to one side would have made that threat seem a lot more real, and ditto for Grineer "civilian" environments so we could see just how oppressive they're supposed to be.  As it is, the Grineer were the only faction with an emotional appeal (although I admit I nearly went Corpus just for the thought of them building something better than the dying Grineer, only to realize how bad both sides were and plan to weaken both of them as badly as possible).  Yeah, some people don't care about lore or roleplay in their shooters, but giving the ones that do their opportunity - and maybe roping in the rest - is in my admittedly biased opinion never a bad thing.

And really, that's kind of it.  Sure, I always think there are ways something could have been handled better, but none of them actually dragged me out of a mission to say "dammit, that just doesn't work."  Dragged me down, maybe; there're only so many Corpus techs you can barbecue in any given session before it starts to get old, but like I mentioned above there are a few ways to work around this for the next time the war mechanic pops up.  Whether we see border skirmish alerts or another weeklong (or more) struggle for supremacy, I for one cannot wait until the next time around.

DE are working on splitting up the BOOTY........it's gonna take a little while but you will get your BOOTY. I hope everyone gets everything that is in their inbox.........like 1of3 reactors, 1of4 cells, 1of3 formas............i personally have only seen one each of all those items in my inventory. Hope we get them all now that this event has ended. And BTW to all the tenno that chose NOT to save their own.......you got what you deserved. Family first always!