Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Keith Power and the Bandcamp disappearance issue

So, with Call of the Tempestarii there came a new song that's been released on Warframe's official Bandcamp. With that release however, Keith Power (at least I believe it was him) released other soundtracks for The Deadlock Protocol, The Plains of Eidolon, The Glast Gambit and Call of the Tempestarii via a page on Bandcamp called "Videogame Soundtracks" (on which page there was released also the soundtrack of Nightmare series 1).

Well. It's all gone and I wonder as to why. Was this all a fraud? Naturally, I am concerned. Everything not published under Warframe's name got suddenly removed. The items are still visible in my Bandcamp wishlist, however. But, of course, not available for purchase any longer. 

Is there anyone who can explain this matter to me? Because I would have liked owning all those soundtracks (one of which I already paid for and downloaded, mind you).

I really don't want to speculate too much here. 

I wish I could find the official response, but someone with an official DE name recently said they were working on a full soundtrack for all the sought after music not on any currently released soundtrack, so maybe there was some miscommunication, and somebody jumped the gun before the official soundtrack release? That's my best guess, as I understand they are trying to bring the music to the earballs of the people who want to buy it as soon as possible. 

My best guess is this is perfectly innocent, and this guy is just the main artist involved in a lot of these tracks, and he posted them, and then DE asked him to take them down until they get could the full soundtrack out together (something I'm sure he's getting a cut for), and he pulled them for now so DE can release it all at once. 

Makes sense. Years ago, he released a War Within OST featuring 3 tracks I believe. Yesterday it got updated to include 13 instead (no extra fees, too) which was great. And now it's gone and exists only on my phone.

Anyway, what I find curious is that not only the Warframe music disappeared just like that. The albums were released via a page called "Videogame Soundtracks" which also had other game's soundtracks available for purchase and the entire thing vanished, along with all other soundtracks. Not that there were many, perhaps five albums or so. But they vanished nonetheless, leaving no trace of themselves. This is why I suspected something fishy going on. Pulling the WF OSTs, fine. But shutting down the entire page? 

10 minutes ago, (PSN)DwemerPrime said:

Makes sense. Years ago, he released a War Within OST featuring 3 tracks I believe. Yesterday it got updated to include 13 instead (no extra fees, too) which was great. And now it's gone and exists only on my phone.

Anyway, what I find curious is that not only the Warframe music disappeared just like that. The albums were released via a page called "Videogame Soundtracks" which also had other game's soundtracks available for purchase and the entire thing vanished, along with all other soundtracks. Not that there were many, perhaps five albums or so. But they vanished nonetheless, leaving no trace of themselves. This is why I suspected something fishy going on. Pulling the WF OSTs, fine. But shutting down the entire page? 

Finally found the link I was looking for btw, wanted to deliver on that at least: 

My guess is this is a contract thing, probably innocently done. Keith Power is a respected artist in Canada, so I am sure he has a good agent who got him a good residuals deal, and I am sure he will get his cut when the soundtrack comes out. Reading between the lines, probably someone (could even be a manager or someone who works for him) uploaded it to his account without realizing DE wanted to wait until it could all be released as part of a second soundtrack, and his management team pulled the plug when asked. 

With how friendly a relationship they have I highly doubt there was even a C&D, probably just a friendly ask to pull it since there was some confusion over official release plans. 

Archived