Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Machete Wraith And Stun Resistance

tharinock

I was testing out the machete wraith with spoiled strike for fun, because why not turn my normal attack into a charge attack. And it seemed that while I was attacking with it, I was completely immune to being knocked down. I was testing it out on the exterminate in mercury, so I only had enemies attempting to kick me and the like, but I just wasn't budging. Has anyone else noticed this? Also, does this still apply to chargers and heavy ground slams and moas? If so, then it may have a purpose yet. I can still see it being used to go through swaths of light infested without having to worry about being stunlocked.

I think most melee weapons give you resistance to Stagger (not the same thing as Stun?) while you're swinging.

Even the most basic Skana, as long as you are swinging non-stop you will rarely get staggered even while in the middle of a group of infested mobs. There seems to be two different forms of stagger:

1). Stagger from getting hit with a physical attack (elbow strike, charger claws, etc)

2). Stagger from an actual stunning attack (infested runner suicide)

#1's attacks won't usually stagger you if you are in the middle of a normal swing animation when you get hit with it (otherwise melee would be impossible to do in most situations). You can, however, get knocked out of a charge attack (to give mobs some sort of defense against charged attacks).

That's why the whole "Mash the E key" works on Infested Missions, as long as you single out the Brown Guys first -- don't let them explode or jump on you and you'll be fine. Oh, and you have to watch out for Ancients too, but still. You can get hit with claw attacks and the like and not get stunlocked as long as you don't stop swinging and make sure you kill those brown guys fast.