Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Tweak?

TrueSone

As I said before in another Nekros thread, Nekros has Mediocre shield, health AND energy. Lack of aura polarity, situational skills. I mean, come on! This is a warframe that requires much more grind to obtain compared to others, probably the hardest Warframe to obtain besides Vauban and Banshee. Nekros' skills are in need of tweaks in my opinion and here's why:

Soul Punch: Fairly decent first skill, but it's single target and damage isn't outstanding, becomes quite useless for mobs over lvl 40. A idea for tweak is make this AOE, perhaps a small explosion on impact kinda like the explosion mod for bows.

Desecrate: A very useful mod for Nekros however it needs a tweak as corpse sometimes vanquish instantly; also this skill tends to spawn a pool of health orbs...not that useful. Sure it would be great with equilibrium, but a skill should be decent on its own without completely relying on another mod. Would be nice if we can tweak the drop tables to lower the chances of health orbs and make ammo, mods, etc's chance higher.

Terrify: Meh skill, decent CC. Again though, useless for high levels. I guess this can be kept as it is.

Shadow of the dead: Imo, this skill is a disappointment. This is pretty much a sidegrade from Nyx's chaos as chaos has more range and also manipulates a lot more mobs from the mere amount of 9 spawns of SoTD. Also, Al spawned from this skill seems to need to get their eyes checked as they shoot at wall and ceiling 80% of the time. Oh and also, they are cowards. They always run off to chase a single enemy and leave me exposed to a larger group! Either improve the Al or change this ability all together.

I was really looking forward to this Warframe but it is pretty underpowered. Please tweak or buff DE!

What are your thoughts of this, my fellow Warframe players?

Soul Punch is nice as it is now, stacking armor lowering + decent damage. If something, it can use higher percentage of armor lowering.

Desacrate is a meh. I've never used it. Corpses are disappearing too soon, besides some corpses are still visible to client, but do not exist in host game, so sometimes it's nothing but a waste of energy. Needs complete rework.

Terrify is great when you're surrounded by an army of ancients, no need to rework it really. Well, maybe if it wasn't one time cc skill, but if it'll cause enemies to run from Nekros for some time, so you can run freely seeing enemies fleeing in panic it'll be probably 20% cooler

SotD spawns a bunch of useless $&*&*#(%& wall-haters. Make them follow Nekros and give them a little aggro, so they can be a meat shield.

Here are my thoughts on Nekros:

Soul Punch - Meh, could use a damage boost OR larger aoe.
Terrify - Lacks in CC compared to other warframe's abilities. Only fix I could see that would make this viable in higher level is to make it so when an enemy is terrified, it would also terrify any other enemy units in a 5m-10m radius. This would actually make this skill pretty darn solid.
Desecrate - Perfectly fine where the SKILL is at. Although some skills, like Molecular Prime, make corpses disappear instantly. Making it near impossible to desecrate.
Shadow of the Dead - Remove unit collision. Allow weapons to shoot through, without using puncture mods.

Fixing Nekros 101

- Across the board buffs on soul punch

- Make terrify an aura that stays on Nekros for a few seconds, like Ember's WoF

- Desecrate needs fine-tuning with corpses disappearing

- SotD clones need to go to shooting lessons. Maybe have them somehow bound to Nekros, so they can't wander too far away and instead move with him as a squad

Edited by Cybernetix

Nekros is fun and effective. He is great support especially for survival and he is my go to res farming frame, I think he is under appreciated.

Soul Punch: Ragdoll is cheap and effective cc, but most players dont use it that way. Damage is irrelevant.

Desecrate: Godly

Terrify: CC and armor debuff. Pretty strong when used correctly

Shadows of the Dead: This is his signature skill and what makes him a Necromancer, but it kind of sucks. It is very situational and only good as a temporary blocker. I would like to see his shadows get a significant damage buff. People who try to use this offensively instead of just desecrating and terrifying everything are doing it wrong.

Nekros is a support frame.

Soul Punch - Keep the current AoE and hitscan system. Alter the aiming mechanics so damage is dealt to the part of the enemy that you're aiming at, so you can score Headshots. Soul Punch being a powerful 1v1 skill would synergize well with selectively picking off enemies to quickly build your undead army.

Terrify - Remove the delay. It's a near-direct downgrade to Radial Blind as it is, and the huge delay reduces its reliability by a crapton unless your team can kill everything within several seconds (in which case this skill is not needed, anyways). Many a Nekros player have died needlessly and shamefully because Terrify was not available to save them.

Desecrate - Upon vanishing, enemies will spawn a tiny, barely visible energy-coloured orb (the "soul", perhaps) that hovers in place that only Nekros players can see (passive). The orb disappears after 3-4 seconds. Both bodies and orbs can be desecrated.

Shadows of the Dead - Priority system. Grineer Lancers will not "overwrite" Grineer Heavy Gunners, Ancient Disruptors will not "overwrite" Toxic Ancients, regular MOAs will not "overwrite" Techs, Runners will not "overwrite" anything, Crewmen will not "overwrite" Napalms (in the case of an invasion), etc. This way, you can still selectively pick off targets to build your army more quickly, but if you just plan on killing stuff quickly, you no longer have to think twice about killing something if you plan on using this skill effectively later in the fight.

Edited by SortaRandom

Soul Punch is nice as it is now, stacking armor lowering + decent damage. If something, it can use higher percentage of armor lowering.

Soul Punch doesn't actually lower armor; it was scrapped during development and moved over to Terrify. Unfortunately the debuff doesn't stack, primarily because Terrify can't be recast until it ends.

Soul Punch: Precision aiming makes the skill a bit unwieldy. Should be conical AoE instead of hitscan. Good as is otherwise.

Terrify: More enemies would be nice, or at least the ability to cast it again and affect unaffected enemies.

Desecrate: Aside from the reliance on available corpses, good as is. Removing disintegration from certain weapons and skills would be great. Massive damage shouldn't evaporate enemies either.

Shadows of the Dead: Priority system to keep bigger targets would be nice. Having "follow the leader" AI like the carry in rescues would be very nice too.

I actually think Nekros' stats are fine as is, with the exception of his energy pool. He has too little energy to work with for being a caster frame. All other aspects are great.

also this skill tends to spawn a pool of health orbs...not that useful. Sure it would be great with equilibrium, but a skill should be decent on its own without completely relying on another mod. Would be nice if we can tweak the drop tables to lower the chances of health orbs and make ammo, mods, etc's chance higher.

Desecrate has it's own drop table for Health Orbs. It's suppose to spawn them enmass. It has no bearing on the drop potential of any other items, which run on the normal tables, so removing it would be doing the skill a disservice. I could see introducing energy orbs to the skills exclusive table though. Would help with his low energy pool problem.

Just going to chime in on the Shadows, putting on Blind Rage and Focus together can top you off at 16 clones :)

I do think he needs a little love though from a functional standpoint:

Soul Punch: this is actually a line attack, but the line is way too thin and misses enemies you'd think would be in the line of fire behind them. I think the hitbox should match the size of the enemy it initially hit.

Terrify: I'd remove the "Skill in use" limitation, it's a potent-ish skill, but Nekros' low energy maximum for a caster will counter spamming.

Desecrate: The big thing here is the bodies need to either last longer, OR, have bodies leave behind some kind of token (I suggested a wisp when nekros first dropped) that gets consumed if it's in desecrates radius instead of relying on bodies themselves.

Shadows of the Dead: The big problem I have with this skill is that the shadows don't immediately draw aggro off of nekros when they appear, so while you're casting you're frequently going to watch an ancient charge through half the room and pummel you or still get blasted by gunfire unless something meat shields you.