Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Transference Causing Ability Cooldowns

ForTheWind

While doing Eidolon hunts, I realized that the fourth ability sometimes receives long cooldown (~60 seconds for Blessing). The warframes that I experienced this bug are with Trinity Prime and Harrow. While attempting to use Blessing or Covenant sometimes a cooldown stops me from casting, despite having more than enough energy.

The bug seems to randomly occur. Most of the time I am in void mode in the operator, but sometimes I use transference into the warframe, cast the ability, and use transference to the operator and into void mode.

I don't use other abilities, or Trinity Prime or Harrow outside of Eidolon Hunts, so I am not sure if this bug can occur elsewhere.

cadm3IQ.jpeg

Screenshot of ability not working due to a strange cooldown timer appearing; Blessing costs 25 energy since I have 175% ability efficiency, so I have more than enough energy to cast it.

Edit 1:
- Bug still occurs post-hotfix 30.3.4

- Bug occurred with Nova's Molecular Prime ability during a bounty (in the day, also haven't had cooldown in other missions using Nova)

Edit 2:

Clip, bug occurring at 5 seconds: https://imgur.com/a/FRhmAiG
Clip, bug occurring somewhere from 7 to 14 seconds: https://imgur.com/a/d24498Z

Edit 3:
- Bug occurred with Khora's Strangledome ability (in excavation; Hieracon, Pluto)

Edit 4:
- Bug occurred with Volt (Prime)'s Electric Shield ability (in railjack defense; Obol Crossing, Pluto Proxima)

Edit 5:
- Bug occurred with Volt (Prime)'s Discharge ability (in Standard Santuary Onslaught)

*Bug still occurs post-hotfix 30.5.4

This also happens to me while playing Trinity, also while hunting eidolons. I was not the host. I also have been swapping between operator and warframe repeatedly. Happens to me at all stages of eidolons, Teralyst, Gantulyst and Hydrolyst. Cooldown only seems to appear if I've recently used Blessing.

EDIT: To clarify, this happened to me today, as of this post.

• 4 weeks later...

Same bug happened to me tonight fighting the Hydrolyst as Trinity Prime.  I was not the host.  Three or four times in a row, I got a Simaris-style cooldown timer on Blessing.

This was only my second tridolon, so took me ages afterwards trying to figure out what happened.

From my experience in the two activities you spend the most amount of time using Transference rapidly (Eidolon hunting and using Magus Anomaly for resource farming), I'm rather convinced that this is the cause. Frames I've noticed it on:

• Khora (40s cooldown on Strangledome)
  • Nova (40s cooldown on Molecular Prime)
  • Harrow (40s cooldown on Covenant)
  • Volt (30s? not sure exactly cooldown on Electric Shield). 

I don't recall when it started happening, but it's definitely been going on at least as long as this post was made (30 May 2021). It causes a considerable amount of frustration when one is unable to use frame abilities essential to the mission because of some strange bug like this. I'm surprised it took me this long to come across an official forum post about it. 

But, Sisters of Parvos, new content, railjack, blah blah blah. Either DE doesn't deem it worth the time/resources to fix these kinds of bugs (or at least acknowledge them, judging from experience with bugs regarding enemy AI), or doesn't actually know how to fix them and is pushing content as rapidly as possible to keep people from noticing things like this. Of course I'm not a DE employee, but those are the conclusions I can come up with.

(Post has been screenshotted and archived by the way mods, you can't just delete a post and pretend a problem doesn't exist. It doesn't make the playerbase very happy, to say the least.)

Just bringing my own experience: it looks like I got stuck with this kind of bug, but I wasn't in the plains of eidolons and I wasn't using transference a lot/for extended period of time

It was with my Mesa Prime during an Index session: I used Transference to use Zenurik's Energizing Dash, I returned to my Mesa, and noticed I had a solid cooldown with the "clock" icon on my Peacemakers uh...Mesa' fourth ability

• 4 months later...

Bug persists to this day. I have noticed it only affects clients, and only abilities with a duration. For example I have Dispensary infused on one of my Volt Prime mod configs for use in Eidolon hunts; sometimes using transference rapidly will put a cooldown on Electric Shield, and sometimes it will put a cooldown on Dispensary.

I have not seen it affect an ability other than the third or fourth, but have not done extensive testing. The bug is most noticeable in Eidolon hunts since that is the content which by far makes the most use of the operator, but it affects regular gameplay as well. For example, Magus Anomaly is essentially unusuable by clients as using Transference just twice (once to swap to operator, once to swap to frame to trigger the arcane's effect) is enough to cause the bug.

It also appears to occur more frequently on hosts with unstable fps or internet connections (as is the case with many host/client issues), however I have experienced it on as low ping as 60ms on a known good host.

• 2 months later...

I’ve noticed this as well - ember prime’s 4 can get locked out for 60s, which is basically a whole relic run 

Is this always on PC, and always affect skill 4? I wonder if it has some timing constraint, tied to accidentally mashing 4+5 while transferring in or out

https://streamable.com/dj641x

Here's an example at 60ms ping, on a known good host (stable fps, internet connection, etc.) (The overlay in the upper top of the screen is not relevant).

Notice that near the end of the video when I go to place Electric Shield as Volt Prime...there is a cooldown of 50 seconds. (Sometimes I have noticed a similar cooldown on infused Dispensary, on the 4th ability slot.)

Yes, there is a "workaround" by waiting longer between use of Transference. But it has been over half a year since this bug was reported, and has yet to be even be acknowledged. It is even worse when using Harrow on Eidolon hunts since the cooldown is so long that it renders him unable to use Covenant for two consecutive energy spikes following a synovia being broken - defeating the purpose of even using the frame in this content.

Is it so much to ask that one be able to cast an ability when there is no enemy unit present actually able to do this? (Nullifier bubbles disabling all Warframe abilities, Orphix disabling the use of Warframes, (Juno) Nul Comba, and (Juno) Nul Scrambus specifically disabling "Buff & Debuff-type" abilities, which Volt's Electric Shield and Harrow's Covenant fall under, as well as Trinity's Blessing).

I've observed similarly when using using Transference e.g. to trigger Magus Anomaly as a client that Molecular Prime will cause a similar cooldown, although the cooldown does not start until the existing Molecular Prime ends (this is also a "Buff & Debuff-type" ability). 

It does not just affect Eidolon hunts. Using Transference a total of two times (once to swap to operator, once to swap to frame) is sufficient to put a cooldown on abilities. The common factor I have found is that the ability must have an active duration, and must be on the 3rd or 4th ability slot. I'd be glad to provide more examples of this bug if necessary...

On 2022-01-21 at 2:57 PM, markov_vs said:

But it has been over half a year since this bug was reported, and has yet to be even be acknowledged. It is even worse when using Harrow on Eidolon hunts since the cooldown is so long that it renders him unable to use Covenant for two consecutive energy spikes following a synovia being broken - defeating the purpose of even using the frame in this content.

Theres no excuse to run a game and let things this bad persist for this long, thats disgraceful.. Keep bumping this sh^t until it gets fixed. ill follow the topic and help aswell. Was wondering what was causing the cooldown for me and now i know, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2022-02-21 at 7:47 AM, Cody said:

Bump; Anyone else still having issues?

Yes for example I seem to have this bug at completely unpredictable times, on pings ranging from 60ms - 200ms+, on host pcs in several different continents, which makes it difficult at times to use the only Warframe ability in the game that can increase Amp damage to Eidolon shields - Volt's Electric Shield. 

The bug by the way as I elaborated upon last month has nothing to do with Eidolon hunts, it is some host/client issue. I already gave a video example and it was completely ignored. It affects gameplay in general as a client, since using Transference even twice (for example to use Zenurik's Energizing Dash) may render an important ability unable to be used for up to 40s at a time. What more must I do, ask the host to submit a ticket to support with the EE.log file (which as client, I cannot possibly have access to myself)?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Version: 31.5.3, Yes, it's still happening till this day. I just played Gabii on Ceres with Khora to farm orokin cells. I switched to operator for zenurik energy and my 4th ability gets a 60sec cooldown (I counted since it doesn't show visually like in ESO).

Archived