Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rideable Moa and Grineer Mek Concept

God_is_a_Cat_Girl

Ever since I saw a rideable Moa art piece by Liger-Inuzuka I’ve been wishing that DE could make that happen. Fortuna happened and I always thought it was the perfect place for enemies to be seen riding Moas as their own personal vehicle, but it didn’t happen. And now we have the Necramechs and my itch is bigger than ever, so I decided to put some ideas together, theorycraft what could be possible and see if others would like it too.

To note that I’m focusing more on mechanics rather than stats, so you will likely not see things like damage numbers, energy costs and the like. My point is to conceptualize and IMO stats are secondary unless examples are needed, but I can always update that later down the line.

The Rideable Moas

These aren’t normal Moas, they use the Bursa body design but are slightly bigger and you ride them in the back. 

Sadly I can’t make art to show a representation of this, and I’m not posting Liger’s art because… well, it’s not mine, but you can easily find his art tho, or you can think about what you see in MGSV *winkwink*.

Below there’s the 2 types of Moa we can obtain.

NOTE: The ability order isn’t definitive so don’t give too much weight to the order placement.

Shield Moa

This Moa is more based on the traditional Bursa design and abilities.

1 - Blinding Beam

Focus light into a beam, blinding your enemies.

• Fires a Beam that Blinds enemies

• On contact the Beam will Scatter Light in all directions dealing Blind Status in a radius

Notes:

Spoiler

A simple Blinding Beam. Rather than making it an AoE around you or a Cone, I decided to allow the player to decide where the AoE should happen. Point where you want the AoE to happen and blind away.

2- Energy shield

Deploy an energy shield that absorbs enemy fire. Crouch to divert energy from the locomotion module to the shield module increasing the shield’s efficiency.

• The Moa will deploy a frontal shield with 2.000 Health (+armor)

• 3 seconds invulnerability 

• Absorbs damage during invulnerability period and adds it to the shield’s total health

• Enemy melee attacks against the shield will deal Electricity status to the enemy

• While “crouching” the Shield reduces incoming damage by 50%

• Melee while crouched costs 100 shield Health to perform an Energy Shockwave

• Same range as regular Shockwave but deals the Lifted status

• Energy Shockwave Shield Health Cost is affected by Power Efficiency

Notes:

Spoiler

Rather than a physical Shield this Moa has Energy Shield Projectors, this should allow the Moa to look less clunky and also allow it to convey that the shield is an ability and not a permanent feature.

Initially I was going to just make it a regular shield without any additional features and just higher Health than the Necramechs but it still felt a bit bland so I added some other features and scaled it back to 2k.

Shield dealing Electricity Status against melee attackers can help fend them off and since it requires them to damage you first it still allows enemy melee units to function without removing enemy units out of the equation.

Damage Reduction while Crouching is to reinforce the “Bunker” theme (you could say that it’s diverting mobility module energy into the shield), and since these are bigger than Warframe units and a defensive type, it feels thematically right that you can opt to simply tank the damage and in trade the shields are more efficient at it.

The Energy Shockwave is another way to defend against close range attackers by giving it the upgraded Lifted status. I decided to use the Shield Health as the cost to use it because it felt thematically right (you discharge energy accumulated in the shield as an emergency Shockwave) and because with Bonewidow I avoid using the shield bash due to the Mechs energy economy not giving me enough to spare with such things.

Extra Idea: Shield size is increased while crouching.

This is something to consider but this will be added later to a different ability anyway. The idea is to allow the Moa to protect targets or players while crouching by making the shield bigger.

3 - Whiplash Tether (TBD name)

Throw a mine that slows enemies in range and pulls them

• Tap will throw a mine that will slow enemies within 12 meters

• Mine lasts for XX seconds

• When duration runs out the mine will pull in all enemies in range and Staggers them

• Hold will Invert the mine’s functions

• Pull in > Stagger > Slow

Notes:

Spoiler

This is pretty much 2 Moa abilities in 1. While inverting the functions might not seem like it adds much, it still allows the player to be more tactical in how they cast the ability.

If you want to just pull in enemies, press Hold. If you want to use the slow as Area Denial on a door but enemies haven’t arrived yet you Tap and the pull at the end will deal some extra CC rather than wasting that CC against no one.

Tap/Hold are tied to an ingame option right now, so the order doesn’t matter as you can change it.

4 - Bunker Mode/Hoverdrive mode

Bunker down to become an impenetrable shield or engage the enemy with superior speed.

Bunker Mode

• Hold to Activate

• Bunker Mode forces the Moa into a crouch position and it cannot move

• Shield will receive 90% damage reduction and it’s size will be increased

Hoverdrive 

• Tap to Activate

• The Moa will fold it’s legs and hovers slightly over the ground

• In this Mode the Moa will move at higher speeds in ANY direction

• Shield does no get any Damage Reduction bonus in this mode

Other specifications

• During Bunker/Hoverdrive mode some AW Gun stats will be slightly increased, such as Damage, Fire rate, charge rate, Critical Damage, Critical Chance and Status Chance.

• During Bunker/Hoverdrive mode a “Focus Ring” will appear on screen

• Missiles will be fired from the Moa’s legs when the player attacks enemies

• Missiles will home in on enemies inside the Focus Ring

• Missiles have a fire rate of (tentatively) 2 (missiles per second) per enemy up to X enemies

• While not firing the Moa will accumulate up to X000 damage

• Accumulating rate should be tied to Fire Rate and damage per missile

• Accumulated damage will be added to the missiles when the player resumes firing

Notes:

Spoiler

Yes, Bursa actually have missile compartments on their legs and they do open when they fire missiles.

Initially I considered an Exalted Weapon but it didn’t seem visually pleasing to have it’s gun just be a small compartment on their legs, so instead I decided to mix a bit of Mesa while also giving the AW guns a bit more power.

Accumulating damage is to simply cover for downtimes. If there’s nothing you can shoot at you don’t lose all the energy spent.

Since I decided to mix 2 Moa Types into one, I made this a dual Ultimate that allows the player to adapt to their needs on the fly. Need to protect a target or player? Use Bunker Mode. Want to engage the enemy in a fast paced manner? Use Hoverdrive.

Drone Moa

This moa is based on the Tarask Moa, spawning drones and commanding them.

1 - Spawn Drone

• Tap Spawns a drone, up to 3 total.

• Hold to rotate between 3 types of drone, Heat, Electricity or Cold drone.

• Heat drone will fire highspeed Heat based projectiles at a single target

• Electricity Drone will Tether to a single enemy dealing Electricity damage

• Cold Drone will deal Cold damage in a thin cone shaped area

• Drones can move independently but will prioritize following the Player

• Spawning a drone after reaching the limit will destroy the oldest Drone

Notes:

Spoiler

This Moa is based on the Tarask Bursa which summons Moas (which use Heat and Cold weaponry) and said moas will link to the Bursa and reduce the damage it receives. I opted for Drones for our Moa because they should be able to move around better that way making them more efficient.

Initially I was going for utility but it felt too close to Khora, so instead I changed it to elements which still give utility through their elements which is the main point of the drones, support you, rather than killing everything for you.

Being able to choose which drones to spawn gives control to player, though in many instances you can expect people to shift towards specific drones, for example Heat drones against the Grineer. I predicted that Cold would be less popular and considering how it’s status only offers minor CC and nothing else, I decided to make it hit multiple enemies at the same time.

Heat stuns and reduces armor but it’s single target. Electricity Stuns but also deals some extra damage to enemies around it. Cold increasingly slows enemies but hits multiple enemies in an area.

It would be nice to have a UI element that said which drones you spawned rather than just the number of drones.

Extra Idea: Spawning a new Drone when the limit has been reached will decrease the cost by 50%.

If you already had 3 drones but wanted to change elements, you don’t lose all energy previously spent.

2 - Command and Overdrive

• Commands the drones to attack a specific enemy or follow a player

• Overdrive increases the Drone’s Fire Rate by 50%

• Overdrive is cast together with Command 

• Overdrive lasts XX seconds

• Overdrive buff can still be obtained if no enemy/player is targeted and the energy cost will be reduced to XX energy

• Overdrive can be cast without command by Holding the key

Notes:

Spoiler

Unlike Venari the Moa can spawn multiple drones, which makes it too gimmicky to have the Command feature on the same ability, so I made it’s own but added a buff to go with it, therefore adding some flavour to what would be a rather bad ability slot.

Overdrive increasing fire rate in my opinion is better than a damage increase, because in the end you are increasing DPS while also increasing the rate at which they deal Status which further increases their utility.

3- Connect and Repair

• Connect links the Drones to the Moa and gives 50% Damage Reduction to the Moa/player and Drones

• Drones DO NOT receive the damage they reduce, damage is simply reduced

• Connect has no range limits

• When enemies damage the Moa it will heal the Drones by the same amount

• Lasts XX seconds

Note:

Spoiler

This is similar to what the Tarask Bursa does with it’s Moas, and with added healing for the Drones to allow them to live longer and decreasing the need to respawn them. Damage reduction could be bumped up to 70%, but I think that changing some DR for the healing would make it so the ability has its own uniqueness and doesn’t overtake other similar abilities.

4 - Delta Attack

• Spawns a 4th drone that attaches to your AW Gun and modifies it into an Exalted Weapon

• AW Gun becomes a powerful laser

• Every drone will come back to the Player placing themselves around the AW Gun in a triangular shape and will connect with the 4th Drone

• Every drone will add damage to the Exalted Weapon and their own elements

• Drone Elements do not mix with modded Elements

• Command will be deactivated and can’t be cast

• Overdrive can still be cast but it will instead increase the damage Bonus the drones offer to the Exalted Weapon

Notes:

Spoiler

I thought it was interesting if you could use something like the Ambulas Laser, and since this Moa is drone themed I thought it was really interesting to see a Drone that modified your gun and then the other 3 drones link up and make it even stronger.

Initially I considered an extra bonus per drone with a different element, but felt like it was punishing player choice and also stepping on Lavos’ toes as I was thinking about adding mixed elements too. Still, 1 to 3 extra elements and extra damage should suffice as a bonus anyway.

The Grineer Mek

Inspired by the very animals they use in combat and the animalistic Corpus Proxies (Hyena , the Grineer developed their own rideable robots, named the Mek (better name pending). These robots have very limited AI that does not do much alone, but with a rider this unit is a powerful threat.

Visually they should resemble Drahk/Kubrow and Hyekka/Kavat, but with heavy armor and very “industrial” design. They should be bigger than the Corpus Hyena (boss) but not by a lot. I did take some reference screenshots and it might not be a big problem when it comes to clipping.

They use a new kind of poison developed from Ghoul blood that infects their victims, once they die their Corpses will explode, spreading a paralytic poison. What about robots? Like the weapon mods with a similar  function I shall ignore that question! That’s all for the sake of simplicity though.

They are heavily armored, their armor value should be quite high to make up for the fact that they rely on the armor stat instead of Damage Reduction abilities.

Drahk Mek

1- Paralytic Bite

Mek will Lunge towards the enemy, bite and inject them with a Paralytic poison made from Ghoul Blood, turning it’s victims into time bombs should their life expire.

• Tap to lunge and perform a quick bite

• Bite inflicts “Ghoul Infection Type 1” and Cold + Toxin procs

• Enemies afflicted with Ghoul Infection will explode on death

• Type 1 Corpse Explosion deals Cold + Toxin procs within 10 Meters

• Hold to lunge, bite and hold the enemy in the Mek’s mouth

• While being held the enemy will suffer constant Toxin procs and “Ghoul Infection Type 1”

• Tap again to throw the enemy

• Thrown enemies will proc Cold + Toxin in a radius on impact with an enemy/surface

• Enemies cannot die while being hold and their Health will be locked at 1

Notes:

Spoiler

This ability offers both damage and some CC. Hold allows the player to be more technical, as they can throw the enemies to proc those statuses and then when those enemies die they will deal those statuses again. Since it’s mostly a single target ability, its Ghoul Infection features a slightly wider range than the Hyekka Mek variant.

2 - Gastric Ballistics (WIP Name)

Opening its mouth the Mek reveals a cannon that fires shells with high concuss capabilities.

• Mek will open its mouth and fire a ballistic shell 

• On contact with an enemy the shell will deal Puncture damage

• On Contact the Shell explodes, dealing Blast Damage in a radius

• Explosion Deals Impact and Blast status

• If an enemy is being held by “Paralytic Bite” they suffer 300% of the explosion damage value as Puncture damage as the Shell punches through them

Notes:

Spoiler

Name doesn't feel as appropriate since I changed certain things this ability did which initially involved Gas damage but I wasn't enjoying the outlook of it. Ability should deal decent damage and be complemented by the minor CC, but I just don't want to get into the grounds of scaling damage (which is a different topic and one I don't fully agree).

3 - Full Exhaust

Mek will rev up its engine, letting out flammable chemicals and will be surrounded by a thick cloud of smoke that makes it hard to pinpoint and will stagger those that breathe in the lingering smoke.

• At activation Mek will release flammable chemicals that will ignite the floor in a 10 meters area, dealing heat damage and persists for XX seconds

• Afterwards it will let smoke out, lasts xx seconds

• Enemies will be less likely to hit the player and homing projectiles will lose tracking

• Smoke trail lingers for X seconds

• Enemies that walk into the smoke cloud will suffer a short stagger and Blast status/accuracy debuff

Notes:

Spoiler

Considering Grineer’s engineering, it felt appropriate to use smog as a way to avoid damage, instead of the usual “damage reduction” which these units are meant to have by default with their high armor value.

4 - Dual Miniguns (Exalted Weapon)

Mek will deploy dual Miniguns that spread devastation among the enemy.

• Front Legs upper section will open up and reveal a pair of Miniguns

• Miniguns have their own separate modding section

• Alt fire will switch the miniguns’ firing more to semi auto but will fire bullets from all it’s barrels at the same time and at a reduced fire rate

• Alt fire has a short falloff range but high fire power

Notes:

Spoiler

A simple weapon unique to this unit. Semi auto mode is more like a shotgun for either those who prefer that or to deal with high profile enemies at close ranges. I didn’t want both Grineer units to be too similar if both had melee Ultimates, and a pair of Miniguns still feels rather appropriate for the Grineer. Also didn’t want to add too much to it so it doesn’t turn into a Digimon.

Hyekka Mek

1 - Paralytic Claw

Mek’s claws will be coated with Ghoul Paralytic poison and Slashes the enemy, turning them into living ticking bombs.

• Lunges towards the enemy and performs a wide slash

• Enemies hit contract “Ghoul Infection Type 2” and Cold + Toxin procs

• Enemies afflicted with Ghoul Infection will explode on death

• Type 2 Corpse Explosion deals Cold + Toxin procs within 8 Meters

Notes:

Spoiler

Similar to the Drahk Mek but since this ability can infect multiple enemies per attack, its Ghoul Infection has slightly lower range compared with the Drahk Mek.

2 - Laser Tail

Fire a laser beam from the Mek’s tail section, setting enemies ablaze.

• Tap to fire a heat based Laser straight ahead

• Hold to fire the Laser in a sweeping motion

• Both modes feature infinite Punchthrough against enemies and only enemies

• Laser has 100% Heat Proc rate

• Does not interrupt actions such as firing or ADS

Notes:

Spoiler

This is a very simple attack, very much a mix of Ember and Gara. Being simple allows it to easily support you by staggering the enemy and reducing their armor without interrupting other actions.

3 - Machina Roar

A Mechanical Roar will echo through the battlefield making the enemy question should they attack you or not, while also interfering with their weapons and decreasing their firepower.

• Mek will perform a Mechanical Roar, striking fear on its enemies

• Enemies within xx meters will suffer a damage debuff and will be less likely to attack the player

• The Roar will echo in the area for a short duration (IE 5 seconds)

Notes:

Spoiler

Perhaps not a roar but a loud “meow”. Since this unit is meant to be tanky without the use of abilities, reducing the enemy damage should allow you to support your teammates as well as your own survivability. The short lingering duration isn’t meant for the ability to work as an aura (which I avoided such on purpose) but rather to work like Baruuk’s Lull which allows the ability to affect enemies that are just outside of the range when you activate the ability and are running towards you.

Optimally this ability would have a chance for enemies to stagger in fear when trying to attack you/your party rather than making you less likely to attack you. IE create doubt rather than making the enemy ignore you.

4 - Claw Combo (Exalted Weapon)

Mek will deploy the full strength of its claws and the Tail laser will form a heat blade, leading to a powerful combo that decimates the enemy.

• Mek will melee with it’s Claws and Tail

• Claws have their own separate modding window

• Tail Laser’s power is focused on a much smaller length but with high cutting power

• Does not disrupt the usage of other powers

• Exalted Weapon attacks do not deal “Ghoul Infection”

The Guns

This part isn’t different from what we already have, your own AW guns will be mounted on top of the Moa/Mek. Enemy Moa/Mek will come with new weapons, their acquisition will be described in the Acquisition section.

Bellow are 2 new guns based on each faction, still want to add at least 2 more later on.

Grineer Mek Minigun [better name pending]

An oversized minigun often mounted on the back of the Mek. Features a heat recycling system which accumulates the heat generated by the gun to be reused and infused in the ammunition, allowing the ammunition to explode on contact.

• As the gun is fired a gauge will increase
  • Using Alt fire will use the gauge and add XX% heat damage
  • Heat damage does not mix with modded elements
  • While using the gauge shots explode in a 2 meter radius

Notes:

Spoiler

Initially I thought about making the gauge increase as enemies are hit and have it work as a rewarding feature, but it doesn't go well with the theme or reusing the heat the gun generates will firing. Honestly if someone spends ammo hitting nothing to increase the gauge, they are likely already being penalized by reloads, or rewarded by preparing, so it's all good.

I don't like the idea of AoE guns running rampant, but a 2 meter radius is just a tiny bonus and not problematic, just as the Mausolon isn't a problematic gun.

Corpus Giant Supra [better name pending]

A heavy gun based on the Supra meant to be mounted on Ridable Moas or used by the Manker. As this gun hits enemies it analyses the hit data, allowing it to become more accurate and increase the speed of it's projectiles.

• Hitting enemies makes the gauge increase
  • As the gauge increases the gun becomes more accurate and projectiles become faster
  • Gauge decays slowly over time.

Notes:

Spoiler

As the gun inherits some properties of the Supra like the projectiles and bullet spread, the gauge allows to reward landing shots and make the gun somewhat more unique.

While the gun doesn't need to be as innacurate as the original Supra, I'd still like to keep it's flaws while giving it more stomping power per bullet, and then reward the player for landing hits.

Extra idea: Headshots increase the gauge 5 times faster. Alt fire spends XX ammo to fire 1 very accurate shot that deals 1.5x damage of the total of ammo spent (IE if gun deals 100 damage and alt fire uses 10 ammo, it deals 1500 damage).

Sliding

When the Rideable Moa “slides” it will fold it’s legs and deploy wheels which are found in the back of their legs.

An example of this exists in the Gauth Bracket (legs) of the companion Moa that you build in Fortuna, I will likely add a screenshot of that here later.

The Mek will simply run faster and have slower turning like the Necramech.

The question about the “Stamina” issue is a different can of worms, but I’d like to think that they can Slide for a good duration.

To Hover or not to Hover

I think the Hover see in the Necramechs would work just fine on the Rides. Nothing to note.

Melee

This could be a much bigger topic but since Necramechs don’t have access to melee and the Moa design also makes it extremely hard to fit in, I will simply continue with that design in mind.

Rideable Moas do a quick stomp and release a small Shockwave that knocks enemies back.

Grineer Meks will either headbut to knock back or swat the enemy with their legs to push them back.

The Enemy Rides

For the enemy I would like to see them being introduced in 2 types, the simple type that is easily found in Orb Valis/PoE and then a “mini boss” version that has some of the same abilities that we use on our Rides and appear in Orb Vallis/PoE (when threat level is high) and any other tileset (again as a mini boss type, not a regular trash mob).

For the Grineer in specific I think it would be funny to see them have a variant that wields a spear and tries to joust at full speed.

Acquasition

Ridable Moas and Grineer Mek can be crafted after the player unlocks the Necramech on Deimos, Blueprints can either be bought from Loid or Father (I'd prefer Father because it could add some lore to it, as the idea is that he modified those units to use Necramech technology instead and resist the Sentient Orphix field).

Blueprints use 4 parts, 3 of those parts drop from the enemy versions of the Moa/Mek while the 4th is bought from Loid. The 4th part is a more modern version of the Necramech, more humanoid looking that can ride the Moa/Mek.

The Moa/Mek weapons can be crafted using the same parts that are used to craft the units themselves, this allows for items to have more uses, less drop table spread and also allow players to craft those weapons before they unlock the Necreamech as parts could be obtained before Deimos and the weapons can be used in AW/Ground AW.

What about the Orphix?

Ideally the ridable Moa and Mek can have the Warframe ride them (press X to ride), but if the player uses Transference on them (like how Necramech currently work) a "Corn rider" will appear instead, it's essencially a more humanoid and slick version of the Necramech Capsule. Therefore the Orphix aren't an issue and they will work exactly in the same way as they work right now by using Transference.

Closing Thoughts

Some people might think “but why?”, and honestly I just like it when things are fun and offer additional variety that also builds up the enemy higher as well. I would love to see Corpus/Grineer riding their Moas/Meks through the roads in Orb Vallis/PoE, or showing up as mini bosses in other places.

Anyway, I’d love to see if anyone else would like to see this kind of things, because I know I do. I’m all up for discussing ideas and opinions.

• 2 weeks later...

I've updated the concept, merged 2 Moas into 1 but also added the new Grineer Rideable Mek. Notes Section is now a spoiler to make the post smaller as it's mostly extra information anyway. Flavour text was added besides for the Drone Moa. Later I might address some stats like Energy, or the lack of thereof.

01/02/2022 changes:

-Drahk Mek Full Exhaust simplified, now procs an heat area on activation and no longer as a hold function.

-Added 2 new guns

-Added Acquisition section

-Updated Orphix section

Archived ideas that got shelved will be in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

Bunker Type Moa

This Moa is more based on defense and ballistics (physical tools/attacks), it uses the more traditional Bursa design and abilities with small changes to them.

1 - Energy shield

• The Moa will deploy a frontal shield with 2.000 Health (+armor)

• 3 seconds invulnerability 

• Absorbs damage during invulnerability period and adds it to the shield’s total health

• Enemy melee attacks against the shield will deal Electricity status to the enemy

• While “crouching” the Shield reduces incoming damage by 50%

• Melee while crouched costs 100 shield Health to perform an Energy Shockwave

• Same range as regular Shockwave but deals the Lifted status

• Energy Shockwave Shield Health Cost is affected by Power Efficiency

Notes: Rather than a physical Shield this Moa has Energy Shield Projectors, this should allow the Moa to look less clunky and also allow it to convey that the shield is an ability and not a permanent feature.

Initially I was going to just make it a regular shield without any additional features and just higher Health than the Necramechs but it still felt a bit bland so I added some other features and scaled it back to 2k.

Shield dealing Electricity Status against melee attackers can help fend them off and since it requires them to damage you first it still allows enemy melee units to function without removing enemy units out of the equation.

Damage Reduction while Crouching is to reinforce the “Bunker” theme (you could say that it’s diverting mobility module energy into the shield), and since these are bigger than Warframe units and a defensive type, it feels thematically right that you can opt to simply tank the damage and in trade the shields are more efficient at it.

The Energy Shockwave is another way to defend against close range attackers by giving it the upgraded Lifted status. I decided to use the Shield Health as the cost to use it because it felt thematically right (you discharge energy accumulated in the shield as an emergency Shockwave) and because with Bonewidow I avoid using the shield bash due to the Mechs energy economy not giving me enough to spare with such things.

Extra Idea: Shield size is increased while crouching.

This is something to consider but this will be added later to a different ability anyway. The idea is to allow the Moa to protect targets or players while crouching by making the shield bigger.

2 - Whiplash Tether (TBD name)

• Tap will throw a mine that will slow enemies within 12 meters

• Mine lasts for XX seconds

• When duration runs out the mine will pull in all enemies in range and Staggers them

• Hold will Invert the mine’s functions

• Pull in > Stagger > Slow

Notes: This is pretty much 2 Moa abilities in 1. While inverting the functions might not seem like it adds much, it still allows the player to be more tactical in how they cast the ability.

If you want to just pull in enemies, press Hold. If you want to use the slow as Area Denial on a door but enemies haven’t arrived yet you Tap and the pull at the end will deal some extra CC rather than wasting that CC against no one.

Tap/Hold are tied to an ingame option right now, so the order doesn’t matter as you can change it.

3 - TBD

Having some issues thinking about what could go here, we have defense, CC and damage bases covered. A simple missile salvo that you perform with a single tap? I will keep thinking about it but will gladly take ideas.

4 - Bunker Mode

• Bunker Mode forces the Moa into a crouch position and it cannot move

• Shield will receive 80% damage reduction and it’s size will be increased. 

• During Bunker mode many AW Gun stats will be slightly increased, such as Damage, Fire rate, charge rate, Critical Damage, Critical Chance and Status Chance.

• During Bunker mode a “Focus Ring” will appear on screen

• Missiles will be fired from the Moa’s legs when the player attacks enemies

• Missiles will home in on enemies inside the Focus Ring

• Missiles have a fire rate of (tentatively) 2 (missiles per second) per enemy up to X enemies

• While not firing the Moa will accumulate up to X000 damage

• Accumulating rate should be tied to Fire Rate and damage per missile

• Accumulated damage will be added to the missiles when the player resumes firing

Notes: YES, Bursa actually have missile compartments on their legs and they do open when they fire missiles.

Initially I considered an Exalted Weapon but it didn’t seem visually pleasing to have it’s gun just be a small compartment on their legs, so instead I decided to mix a bit of Mesa while also giving the AW guns a bit more power.

Accumulating damage is to simply cover for downtimes. If there’s nothing you can shoot at you don’t lose all the energy spent.

Hover Moa

This Moa is more about mobility and energy based attacks. Moving speed is slightly higher than the others but it’s actual speed will be fully shown when you use it’s 4th ability.

1 - Blinding Beam

• Fires a Beam that Blinds enemies

• On contact the Beam will Scatter Light in all directions dealing Blind Status in a radius

Notes: A simple Blinding Beam. Rather than making it an AoE around you or a Cone, I decided to allow the player to decide where the AoE should happen. Point where you want the AoE to happen and blind away.

2 - Minefield

• The Moa lunches X energy mines creating a minefield

• Mines last XX seconds or until enemies walk into their range

• When enemies enter the mine’s range it will absorb the heat out of their body and deal Cold Status

• After the Mine deals Cold Status it will collapse and explode, dealing damage, Blast Status and staggers enemies in range

• Mines are triggered individually

Notes: A simple “leave and forget” area denial power at face value, but dealing cold and Blast should help keep the enemies away for a bit longer and make it less likely they hit you from range. I thought about heat but it would feel too similar to Voidrig’s mines (despite them being mechanically different) and because heat will be added later to the 4th power.

3 - TBD

Also having some trouble here since we have quick CC, Area Denial and the “speed mode”, so it could be some sort of damage ability. Damage reduction is something I want to avoid because it would overlap with the other two, maybe something related with shields?

Perhaps a “Laser Wall” that moves forward dealing damage and Electricity status on touch? Maybe part of the damage restores Shields and builds overshields?

4 - Hoverdrive Mode

• The Moa will fold it’s legs and hovers slightly over the ground

• In this Mode the Moa will move at higher speeds in ANY direction

• During Hoverdrive mode many AW Gun stats will be slightly increased, such as Damage, Fire rate, charge rate, Critical Damage, Critical Chance and Status Chance.

• The Moa’s legs compartments will open and fire Beam Projectiles when the player fires their AW Gun

• Beams will be fired towards the same direction the Player is firing their AW Gun

• Beams are Heat based

• Beams have X meters Punchthrough

• Beams fire rate is 4 per second and 1 beam per leg, to a total of 8 projectiles per second

Notes: This Moa gets a mode based on speed and keeps its energy weaponry theme. It doesn’t matter which direction you move, you always do it at a fairly high speed.

The Missiles get changed for energy beams and it’s damage is more focused on a much smaller area.

Additionally the damage accumulation feature from the Bunker Moa could return.

• 5 months later...

Archived