Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excavation (Cryotics) and Infested Salvage (just for the giggles) need a rework.

iHeuksal

Well. How many of you are already MR20+ and still haven't messed around with the Sibear? Seriously, it is probably, besides the Hema, the worst resource draining weapon with the probably least usability/popularity in the game. I see no one running around with a Sibear or Hema in any of the missions around. Probably not only because they ain't Meta, but they are hell of a lot expensive in this case.

I had the possibility farming ODD during 2013/14, had a f**k loads of Mutagen Samples to actually research that thing more than once on my own. This is almost impossible nowadays, as no one bothers with ODD either.

Cryotic farming ...... is a pain in the arse. There is no other description to this. It is simply annoying. Doing an Excavation mission lv10 vs lv 40+ and still getting 200 cryo is making no sense. We had a resource scaling push for login rewards. Regular materials dropping from cores (crates, lockers, etc.) and enemies are somewhat ok, as that depends on the mass of enemies and core spawn chance, but the cryotic stuff is beyond acceptable circumstances. Also, cryotics are a somewhat forgotten resource. Instead, any new item gets argon or nitain slapped on it.

I've reached MR30 already and I still have not the need of messing around with the excavation mission, like many others. Since there are also no others left to play that mode with. Only some new players getting there for just completing the note and leaving on the next possible occurance of the extraction-icon.

tavMZ1e.png

Isn't it the time to actually balance that mission type?

Infested Salvage could need a tweak as well. Most of the players don't bother with that gamemode either, including me, as there are literally no squads for days to get along with (asking recruiting won't change that either). Because there is nothing left to actually do when farming Nidus. I had luck farming him within 4-5 runs, and honestly, I totally forgot the mechanics how the mission type worked.

• 2 weeks later...

Excavation is the best mission type. You need to become good at it as it's one of the basic mission types. I wrote a guide that can help you. It's a little outdated and too narrow in terms of which frames are recommended but the basic flow is the same. 

Archived