Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow Resolution Scale to be set below 50%

Kripnex

After using 50% Resolution Scale for a long time I don't even notice the bad image quality anymore, and the best part is that the UI is unaffected, so I can use the overlay map to target enemies with AOE weapons, and I do not need to see, nor do I care that the game looks like Disney's Hercules from the 90's, but 50% RS is not enough anymore, the game has grown and so have its demands, at 60 fps my gpu peaks to 70% and it generates too much heat, so I've been keeping it at 30 fps, but that makes the gameplay feel terrible.

I tried changing my monitor's res from 1680x1050 to 800x600 and achieved something comparable to 25% Resolution Scale, but doing so made the UI nearly unreadable, and I can't use that monitor for anything else when it's that small, (although the game does run a smooth 60 fps at only 25% gpu usage in ESO).

Resolution Scale used to go down below 50% if you manually changed Graphics.ResolutionScale=0.5 in EE.cfg found in AppData, I don't understand why this was taken away, unless I am stupid and I am missing something.

Aside from little tweaks where they clean up some code here and there, the demands of the game are not going to go down. Everything will trend towards bigger better more. Please stop putting ketchup on your nicely seasoned steak.

Archived