Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revamp for the Water King Hydroid

(XBOX)SamuRAI RaVe

Hello all,

I had a thought after this tennocon when I heard no warframe's were being considered for rework. I feel a rework may be to much of a push for this frame but I felt a few improvements to the visuals and functions could go a long way for Hydroid. Lets just jump into the abilities and my ideas. Please comment and tag as many people as possible (including the devs).

Passive - Leave as is. Most passives do not play a major role in active gameplay.

Tempest Barrage - Buff: Improve damage by making it scale with enemies, like Xatu's guns. Functionality: The cast time is far to long and even with casting speed mods this can be little bang for your energy. Purposed press vs hold functionality. Press = Cast at reticle location, smaller AOE but focused damage. Hold = AOE from player, larger coverage of AOE with less focused damage.

Tidal Surge - No change to functionality, however a larger visual would be nice. This will tie in with my next suggestion.

Undertow - This ability has be spoken of many times as the most boring ability as you just sit in a puddle and pull people in. I think a visual revamp is needed and would add to the character quite well. Visual: With the new Yareli warframe, her #4 (Riptide) beautifully displays the water mechanics in game, taking more of this form for Hydroid would let the player feel more active in this status. Creating a similar visual with Hydroid floating in a surge of water around him and pulling enemies in and rag dolling them underneath him. This way all other abilities are still functional but the visual of this status is more interesting for the player. If desired, Hydroid himself could change to show that he is invulnerable in this state. (Perhaps a mixture of water and Ivara's cloak). When performing a Tidal Surge the water effect could rise up and move with the player. (This effect would also active when Tidal Surge is used as a stand alone)

Tentacle Swarm - No changes needed here as this is Hydroid's most used and most effective ability.

I know it is hard to describe what is visually in someones head but with the introduction of Yareli this concept should be a bit more clear.

Thank you all for reading.

Archived