Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Achievement Bug: Single weapon seems to count repeatedly for Mastery achievements

Darthplagueis13

So... I just looked through my steam achievements and noticed that I have a few achievements that I could not possibly have gotten. For instance, most recently I got Rifle Mastery II: "Reach Rank 20 with any five Rifle or Machine Gun weapons".

I do not even have five rifles/machine guns. At best, I have four: The starting Mk1 Braton, the Beam weapon on my Taxon Sentinel (if that even counts), the default Arcwing Rifle and the Rifle that I am currently using, the Boltor. Out of these three, the Boltor is the only one I have above Rank 20.

Here's the thing: I think every time my Boltor has ranked up beyond rank 20 was somehow counted as a new rifle reaching rank 20, so hitting rank 25 on my Boltor caused me to gain that achievement (I vaguely remember seeing that achievement prompt pop up in the corner, interestingly always one kill before my Boltor would actually pop up).

And looking through my achievement list, the same thing seems to be true for any Mastery achievement for weapons I have used. I have Shuriken Mastery 1 even though only only ever used one set of throwing knives, I have Sentinel Mastery II even though I only have one Sentinel (unless a Kubrow counts as Sentinel for some reason), I have Pole Weapon Mastery II even though I've only ever used one staff, I have Pistol Mastery I even though I only own two Pistols where 5 would be required and I've got Blade Mastery II even though I only own one sword. 

Putting this under UI because there didn't seem to be any category specific for Achievement related bugs and the Megathread should be closed by now.

• 1 month later...

Archived