Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Minor Companion Rework Idea

TCT2019

What's the most annoying thing about companions? Reviving them constantly. It breaks the flow of gameplay and generally makes companions feel rather helpless. I have an idea of how to fix that, and believe it or not it ISN'T buffing them.
Instead of the regular bleed-out, have companions warp out of battle when downed to "recover" on your orbiter. While recovering, any mods like vacuum or anti-grav array become disabled, as if the companion is "dead". After a while they would return to you fully healed and ready to fight again.
I feel this would not only make ALL companions feel more self-sufficient but it would also keep the flow of gameplay in check, not having to constantly baby monitor your favorite Kavat or MOA. It would also fix the annoying fact that sentinels die PERMANENTLY until you extract, making them feel even MORE useless than normal.
Now, how would this affect bleed-out mods and helminth abilities? Easy: keep them and change their functionality. Loyal companion would now reduce recovery time by a certain percent, and Master's Orders (instead of summons) would temporarily buff your companions defense and damage and such, so anyone with Master's Summons infused on a warframe wouldn't have to worry about having it removed or glitched or something.

What do you guys think? I feel like my idea would keep gameplay fluid and help make companions generally feel more independent while not making them broken.

Archived