The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Extreme Lag, Stuttering, And Freezing

luanle21

As per the Hotfix 10.7 notes:

"Reverted all Net Code changes to pre-10.5.6 to alleviate the more frequent De-Sync and Lag that we suspect these changes added."

Could anyone confirm if the desync issues are indeed gone (for now)?

My earlier post (regarding Xini) occurred after the patch which reverted the netcode. The problems definetly still exist.

Tried to play yet again, and I actually managed to get through two matches before I was completely shut down by lag. Same as before, starts with enemies disappearing and drops appearing from nowhere, then can't attack or pick up anything and interaction with the environment in any way is impossible. I hope someone fixes this soon.

I'm still (semi-)regularly having issues. Enemies will freeze in place and warp all over, update rate seems to be something like once a second (that's over 1k+ latency, which is not possible without severe software/backend issues with my connection). I can still attack enemies and pick items up, however, it's just really obvious that the game seems to forget how to synchronize itself with the host for whatever reason. 

Just because I can still play doesn't make this acceptable. The game is just not much fun to play when it feels like you're on a completely different world from the host. 

Enemies will freeze in place and warp all over, update rate seems to be something like once a second (that's over 1k+ latency, which is not possible without severe software/backend issues with my connection). I can still attack enemies and pick items up

I am still having this exact problem myself. It's not as bad on a few missions (nothing specific wise) but the biggest culprit for me is Xini on Eris. I think I've had maybe 3 games in the past week where I haven't been heavily desynced and/or lagging there.

I have similar problems it's going worse and worse from update 9 (everything was better before that).

But after update 10 is some kind of nightmare for me i can't play with people beacuse 90% of the time i'm disconnected ("Host migration in progress...", "The connection to the host has been lost, you will be returned to multiplayer menu"),  freezing and performance issues occurs even on solo mode.

I really really like warframe, but i can't stand those issues anymore i still have a hope that update 11 solve our problems, but if not i will be forced to leave warframe...

P.S Sorry for my english (if i make mistake(s) feel free to corect me).

Suffering from the same problems lately. I even ask the host if they live on the same coast, and they usually do. Also tested my internet connection by playing BF3 full 64 players and suffered no lag. Sigh really wish warframe was working right...

I have experienced this as well. While I never experience this when I host, about half the time when I'm not hosting it can get pretty bad. I can see enemies and shoot them, sometimes damage shows up but more often than not it oscillates between their shuffling and teleporting around. Weapons can't be swapped, powers can't be used and loot can't be picked up during a particular interval in this oscillation, which seems to be about 10 seconds.

I thought this was just a string of bad hosts, but it seems there is something else confound this. Is there a way to monitor your network utilization in game? There is only the fps indicator to my knowledge yet this problem isn't fps related.

Either 90% of the players have terrible god awful internet--or I'm just one lucky bastard.

I lowered graphics(burden on cpu ?? was worth a try)

Changed ping limit to 100, region to my region.

Checked firewalls and router/modem,did speed tests.

I know the live stream said they where adding some kind of system so best host in group hosts,I know their working on frames,and the PS4 launch and all that.

But,I am a big fan of fixing broken stuff over more content that doesn't work right because of what's broken.Taking 20 minutes to get to wave 5 of a defense is not cool.Being stuck at doors as hosts speeds further away,not cool.Wondering how much time is left on a survival,or not being able to cast skills because energy bar refuses to update,not cool at all.Pulling my hair out wondering wtf is wrong with my system--definitely not cool.

So while I'm not sure about anyone else,I don't much care about new content when trying to play the game in co-op is this frustrating.

Had to get though out a little,thanx for the otherwise rather fun game :>

• 2 weeks later...

My gameplay online is exactly the same! I honestly thought it was just me considering I'm running it on a laptop that just meets the standard requirements for the game. I've tried minimising all graphics etc. This happens to me on every map. Very glitchy enemies and some don't even appear. Some of them can't even be damaged. Getting pretty fed up.

same issue here with me and all of my friends, only happened to me after the last update, now we all get extreme lag, very frequent host migration which then leads to disconnect from host, which in other words is wasted time, along with not being able to invite some people, note i could invite them before the update and game play was good to perfect, now its utterly horrendous. mobs and players warping around, people standing in one spot and just letting rounds off, cant pick up loot, dead enemies apparently still standing, and the list goes on, i sent a ticket and they told me its because i have upnp off, i checked and had it on in game ,and called my isp and they confirmed it was on and all firewalls on their end are off as well as my firewall on my pc allowing warframe as trusted (any network) using any port, my router model isnt included on their list for port forwarding, its a comtrend ct-5372, and the de said he thinks it may work. the funny thing is they always elude the part where i ask why is it my network or router all of a sudden is malfunction after the latest update, and how is it working perfectly for every other game or net program i use?

• 4 weeks later...

December 28 and same problem here, can't playing this crappy game cause of these @(*()$ lags. I can solo which is very great on a game based on the cooperation. So I am supposed to handle alerts or other missions who need a team ?

I checked the forum and don't find something helping, looks like devs and people working on this game have something else to do to let players can't play Warframe.

It would be appreciated if these lags could be fixed or just give us an answer.

I'm having this problem too :( mine is during infestation defence my fps suddenly drops to 10 and get screen freeze as well as the door doesnt open. My usual fps is around 50-70. After restarting the game it goes back to normal until a play infestation defence again

Edited by Kur0GaN3

i've had screen freeze pretty much guaranteed to occur when not hosting in void missions. happens at random during the mission where all but the host have their screen freeze for a few seconds at the same time. and i've had others say the same when i was hosting for them. seems to only affect me during void missions though and not solar map ones. Aside from that, Nova's MP explosions gives a pretty massive fps lag spike whenever used. not sure whether that's just a local problem or not since i seem to be okay with other frame's moves except that one.