Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speculations About What The Tennos Are?

Iacon

First, I want to say that I respect every fan theory about the origins of the tennos and what they are, I like them, it's good to see people thinking and read what they think... and like them, my post is also a speculation and/or an opinion... AAAND... If I write something stupid that doesn't makes sense, apologize me because I speak spanish, english is not my language.

And now... lets go to the point!

Doesn´t it makes more sense that each time you equip a different warframe is like choosing a different character? Like the same way your "ECTOPLASMIC GENDERLESS ENERGY BEING CHARACTER NAMED AFTER YOUR GAMERTAG TRANSFORMS INTO SOMEONE DIFFERENT" when you choose a different character in street fighter...  I mean, you are just picking a different character! There's no complicated tranny/genderless energy being transformation. Your mag/loki/rhinno/ember etc just keeps appearing with your nickname because there is no way to know who is who if everybody have the same name, like:

Rhino: "Hi rhino, Hi vauban!"

Rhino: "Hi... ¬¬"

Vauban: (I like the first rhino, I want to add him to my friends list

but I don't like the other rhinno so how can I know

wich of thoose two rhinos im going to add if I type

Rhino?)

And you actually have to build the warframes because DE wants you to play and put some effort and time in the game, instead of getting a new guy and play for 5 minutes to see how is he and it's over... Unless you buy them with platinum...

Random guy: -BUT THE VIDEO OF THE LIVESTREAM 17 SHOWS...!!!!

Don't you feel like you are thinking too much about that? It could be some kind of plasma or laser cutter that could burn and cauterize the flesh because of the extreme heat needed to cut through a warframe(everybody knows that warframes are ridiculously durables), that's why it looked dark gray and there was no blood

The same annoying guy: -BUT THE RED FLASH ON MAG...!!!

Who said that the red flash lasts forever? We know video games light effects, that kind of things just lasts for a few seconds or about one minute at most... That's why those things are "cool" and we like to see those kind of lights, if they last forever nobody would give a FiretrUCK about them. That light can be some kind of microwave that stunt, knocks down or cooks the nerves of the tenno inside the warframe so he or she won't move (there could be some kind of fragile and important component that could get damaged by a millimetric mistake that would occur if the tenno moves, that's why they neutralize the tenno before the "dissection".... Or Alad just want them dead before doing something cuz he is a p00pface!) And the actual light field in the machine and the red light around MAG is only to make you know that something happened... AND THE EXCALIBUR WAS ALREADY NEUTRALIZED AND THE LIGHT EFFECT WAS ALREADY OVER FOR WHEN THE VIDEO STARTED... So...

...Those are my thoughts about that...

And what do I think the "tennos" are? I think DE based them on Halo Spartans while the Orokin is somehow based on Forerunners, so Warframes/Tennos could be enhanced humans (maybe evolved humans, our next step) or biological beings with a very humanoid appearance (thats why they have stamina and can get tired and don't sprint forever), wearing high technology armors/exoskeleton/suits from the orokin era (the cream of the cream of the human civilization) that went in cryostasis after something went wrong and finished the human civilization, making them the only remains of that era (I like to think that they where chosen to be preserved in cryostasis because they are going to be needed to fight something stronger and dangerous... they still need to unleash their real powers, the real purpose of their existance is something bigger than fighting grineers, corpus or infested, The Lotus is awakening them because the real threat  is coming)... meanwhile the corpus and the grineers are the ways humanity resurge after the disaster, and the infested are the scar of the ongoing disaster (I like to think those idiots and Lephantys are the tip of the iceberg and the game is about to get real... soon, in a future, a near future)

So thats it guys, what do you think? Do you agree or disagree? Why? Do you liked my theories and /or my ideas?... Why do you liked it? Why not? Feel free to leave a commentary and tell us your opinions, it will be awesome to read what you think  :)

Edited by Iacon

I think if you play Dark Sector you would understand what the Tenno is.

They are human infected with the technocyte plauge, and it didnt turn them into mindless zombies. It gave them powers.

The name Tenno comes from the "Original" Tenno which was Hayden Tenno, the protagonist of Dark Sector

Edited by Mochinpra

I don't remember Alad V's exact choice of words but IIRC they were something like "I banish you to the void." before that frame goes around Mag, considering they have technology to enter the void (like the Phobos event, Arid fear) it's not that unlikely that they are able to separate the Tenno from the Warframe.

And once again: since we find Tenno/Warframes in CRYO(genics)pods, there must be a need to slow the metabolism of the subject down - hinting (strongly) that we are in fact organic.

It makes sense. We are humans augmented with the technocyte plague but rather then mutating we bonded with and grew stronger from it (much like alice in resident evil movies) The suites we wear are highly advanced suites of armor which provide protection and amplify our abilities. the corpus dont want our suites (atleast the ones that are smart like alad V dont) because they are just suits. the plague bonding with us is what makes us tick

That must have been thousands of years prior, though. Who's to say that Tenno didn't change over time; certain technologies and techniques became outdated or improved upon, certain moral squeamishness about augmentations may have vanished. Me, I subscribe to SilverBones' idea that Tenno are units of consciousness uploaded into bio-mechanical constructs. That idea doesn't work for comedy fan-fiction, though, so I tend to ignore it in my works.

It seems to me that of folk are not willing to accept that the poor Excal in that cinematic ate it.

Personally, I'm in the camp that the suit and whoever was in it are well and truely dead. Between Dark Sector and other scattered bits of lore, it seems pretty clear that the Warframe itself is a high-tech suit of armor.

There's also the 2004 teaser video which shows the operator inside the suit. Some my choose to question the canon status of that video, but I think for that particular detail, it was right on. Tenno were conceived as chicks and dudes in badass spaceninja suits from the very beginning. I'm not going to pretend it ain't so just to make myself feel better about that poor guy getting butchered.

Besides, having it be an empty suit would totally undercut the savagely greedy and ruthless light that the cinematic painted Alad in. That's just bad storytelling.

Personally, I think that the Tenno are each a warrior who was infected with a modified strain of the technocyte plague. The powers and abilities they have are a result of this. The armor is a form of adaptive liquid metal that adapts to the body within it, learning what to let through and what not to. This is why you see new Tenno unable to use their abilities, as the armor stops all forms of energy. As it grows used to the Tenno, it adapts, and their energies can pass through it.

In the Gravidus Dilemma one of Alad V's comments was that "He didn't see eye to eye with the tenno, well, you don't really have eyes"

So perhaps the Technocyte plague removed all tenno eyes. Did you guys ever look into a defense missions Cryopod with the Warframe inside? It's just a naked dude with a blacked out torso and head. If that's a tenno then they're just really cool humans with a bad case of Frostbite. If it's not...

Then I think that Tenno are space jellyfish, who pour into their suits. No warframe has eyes becsause no jellyfish really has eyes, or needs them. 

Or perhaps they are simply trans-humans, as I said earlier.

Besides, having it be an empty suit would totally undercut the savagely greedy and ruthless light that the cinematic painted Alad in. That's just bad storytelling.

I don't think so. The way the whole trans-human idea works is that the Tenno are units of consciousness uploaded into Warframes whenever they're sent to battle. If you are killed while your consciousness is in the suit, you die. 

Or perhaps they are simply trans-humans, as I said earlier.

I don't think so. The way the whole trans-human idea works is that the Tenno are units of consciousness uploaded into Warframes whenever they're sent to battle. If you are killed while your consciousness is in the suit, you die. 

I've not seen anything lore or game related to indicate that is the case. Not even a hint of it.

The only real evidence thereof would be that different warframes have different genders, but if that were the case, why would they gender them at all?

For the sake of individuality. I see the Tenno as a proud, warrior-caste culture, combining aspects from both the Samurai and the Ninjas. Tell me, why are there ornamented crossguards in a katana? Why would I inlay my sheathe with mother-of-pearl? The Samurai saw their katanas as extensions of themselves. A Tenno's Warframe literally houses themselves. Why shouldn't it display ornamental features?

And as for not seeing anything in the game to that effect, have you seen anything to prove your hypothesis? Do we have a video somewhere that shows a Tenno without their helmet? Any video that proves, unequivocally, that Tenno are living, breathing humans as we know humans to be?

No. "Slag" means @#&*(, or close enough. He was referring to the Lotus, who does not appear with her eyes visible.

Edit: They censored that one up there, so let's try some alternatives: Strumpet, Trollop, Courtesan, Floozy, @#&*bag.

Edited by Tyranthius

For the sake of individuality. I see the Tenno as a proud, warrior-caste culture, combining aspects from both the Samurai and the Ninjas. Tell me, why are there ornamented crossguards in a katana? Why would I inlay my sheathe with mother-of-pearl? The Samurai saw their katanas as extensions of themselves. A Tenno's Warframe literally houses themselves. Why shouldn't it display ornamental features?

And as for not seeing anything in the game to that effect, have you seen anything to prove your hypothesis? Do we have a video somewhere that shows a Tenno without their helmet? Any video that proves, unequivocally, that Tenno are living, breathing humans as we know humans to be?

Newsflash: Breasts are not "ornamental features".

Also, this:

Thousands and thousands of years prior. Is it not possible that things may have changed over time? I don't care how high-tech the armor is supposed to be, there are things that our Warframes do regularly that Hayden could not survive: One-hundred foot fall anyone? And don't get me started on shock absorbers. It's simply impossible, and I'm talking about the laws of physics here, to make shock absorbers that could take that impact without greatly damaging the flesh beneath - however "enhanced" said flesh may be - if the absorbers in question have to fit in an area more or less the size of human feet. If there are humans in there, I'd like to know how you think they could survive.

Newsflash: Breasts are not "ornamental features".

Says who? Breastplates with, well, breasts exist, even though it's consensus that they're ornamental, and impractical at that. EXCALIBUR and NYX - and therefore NEMESIS as well - were all seen with horn or crest-like protrusions on the helmet. Did you see Hayden goring anybody with that?

Says who? Breastplates with, well, breasts exist, even though it's consensus that they're ornamental, and impractical at that. EXCALIBUR and NYX - and therefore NEMESIS as well - were all seen with horn or crest-like protrusions on the helmet. Did you see Hayden goring anybody with that?

You missed the point.

Excal's horn is most likely ornamental, as is Frost's. Or Ash's mandibles. Or Saryn's raggedy bits. Or Ember's chicken pants.

Breasts are none of those things, nor are they ornamental, regardless of what TV or magazines tell you. Mammals evolved them to allow them to better care for their young and help ensure survival of species. Them being nice to look at is a happy accident.

You missed the point.

Excal's horn is most likely ornamental, as is Frost's. Or Ash's mandibles. Or Saryn's raggedy bits. Or Ember's chicken pants.

Breasts are none of those things, nor are they ornamental, regardless of what TV or magazines tell you. Mammals evolved them to allow them to better care for their young and help ensure survival of species. Them being nice to look at is a happy accident.

Yeah, if we were talking about actual functioning breasts with actual functioning mammary glands. Did I mention at one point that I didn't think Tenno are actually human anymore? I think that came up, no?

Yeah, if we were talking about actual functioning breasts with actual functioning mammary glands. Did I mention at one point that I didn't think Tenno are actually human anymore? I think that came up, no?

Yes, you did mention that. I asked for evidence and you had none.