The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

List Of Weapons I Would Like To Use In-Game (Wish List)

matrixEXO

-Burst-fire shotgun/pistol
-Cryothrower
-Dual-mode Rifle (Fire while unzoomed for full-auto, fire while zoomed for burst-fire/single shot)
-Charge-type Sniper Rifle (Tap fire to fire normal shots, hold for charged shot which does more damage; charged shot should offer wall and body penetration)
-Scan Pistol (Scans for nearby enemies in a cone, revealed in sight even if behind wall but not on map)
-K.O.P (Knock Out Pistol, a pistol that shoots sleeping darts that should make codex updating and stealth easier)
-Claws (Because fists aren't good enough to count as one)
-Gauntlets (Example: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/File:DaedricGauntlets.png)
-Pilebunker

More to come when my mind thinks of any weapon type that we haven't have in-game/revealed.

EDIT: Compilation of wish list from other people excluding weapons that are ... out of whack (cat silencer, really?!), already claimed as no-go (grenades to be power only) or cannot be generalised. Also excludes weapons that are already in development (past the concept art stage and into development, like the Infested Whip).

-Tonfa (dual, single, bladed)

-MORE Semi-Auto Rifles

-Naginata

-Energy Sword (think lightsabers :D)
-Spear

-Blowgun
-Halberd (if designed using the same swing animation as a spear, I'll harass you)
-Shotgun (using bolt-type ammo)
-Flak Cannon
-Minigun
-Burst-fire Sniper Rifle
-SMG (not the Grakata knock-off but a proper one)
-Kusarigama
-Chakram
-Nunchucks
-Dual Kamas
-Dual-bladed Sword Staff (like the Orthos but more sword-like than a polearm)
-Dual Hook Swords
-Railgun
-Warhammer (Example: http://medieval.stormthecastle.com/images/warhammers/warhammer-large.jpg)
-Sais
-Katars
-Folding Fan (I think Mr.ToastForPresident has been playing too many Dynasty Warriors or Orochi in the way he describes it. I see it as possible but more like AC's online character's folding fan; it's bladed so you can actually use it to attack. (Example: http://faqsmedia.ign.com/faqs/image/article/113/1136640/courtesan_colors.jpg)

Edited by matrixEXO

Uh.... good number of these are already in the game.

Burst fire pistol: Sicarus

Burst fire shotgun: i think you mean "automatic" since shotgun already shoots a burst of pellets. Boar Prime keeps firing as long as you hold down the fire button and have ammo in the clip.

Dual-mode rife: Soma fires first shot super accurately. Just tap fire button instead of holding it down for precise single shots.

Charge type sniper: Lanka

Claws: kogake are kind of claw-ey, and you wear them on your feet too.

Gauntlets: Furax

------------------------

So that leaves:

Scan Pistol: not really a weapon, and i think the enemy sense and enemy radar mods would be better

K.O.P: maybe but only if the interrogation mechanic is introduced. Acrid already works as a dart gun weapon otherwise, just that it fires poison darts.

Pilebunker: We may not have this, but the stab attack for Orthos Prime is pretty much the same principle, plus the other attacks allow for greater variety.

Furax are not real gauntlets. They are more punching gloves alongside ankryos. I think the op meant huge gauntlets but tbh we would never get them because they would interfere with holding weapons.

I will say again:

- Tonfa!

- Blade Tonfa!

Furax are not real gauntlets. They are more punching gloves alongside ankryos. I think the op meant huge gauntlets but tbh we would never get them because they would interfere with holding weapons.

I will say again:

- Tonfa!

- Blade Tonfa!

Wolverine-like gauntlets. When holding stuff they fold up, when hitting they have meter-long blades.

-snip-

Burst-fire shotgun or shotpistol was what I meant with that slash. Full-auto is not the same as burst fire. You don't get a full-auto Sicarus so same rule applies.

Soma's dual mode is more of a tap to fire, hold to ramp up auto-fire speed. However, if you tap it fast enough, you can actually ramp the speed up yourself. The one I'm wishing for is something along the lines of split mechanics, like what I mentioned in the starting post. Holding down the fire button while zoomed will only shoot a single burst/round as compared to having full-auto while unzoomed. It's similar but not the same.

I should have clarified my wish on a charge-type sniper. Lanka does require a charge but it tapping it doesn't allow it to shoot bullets. I was hoping to see something like a gauss rifle where normally tapping the weapon would fire a lower damage bullet while charging it up would allow for higher damage.

Kogake are not claws. Try asking Wolverine about claws.

What MDRLOz said. Even though it may interfere with holding weapons, I still wish that it would be in-game.

EDIT: Scan pistol is an alternative substitute for Enemy Sense or Enemy Radar but requires training to use. It's best usage is if coupled with a weapon that has wall and/or object penetration.

Edited by matrixEXO

When u talk about flak cannon, it could be something like from unreal tournament. Normal fire is like shotgun but pellets bounce once after hiting something, charged atack makes grenade shot that exploded and from it shoots pellets to all direction.

A real SMG, not the Grakata.

Good base damage, average clip size, fast ROF, damage dropoff and losing accuracy at range to balance things.

A shotgun that shoots projectiles.

Some sort of heavy rifle.

As for melee - I want blades similar to what Jensen has in DX Human Revolution

More fist weapons would be awesome.

I want to see unusual primary weapons.  Frankly the thing I'd really like to see is Iron Man ripped off and we get handblasters, that can shoot rapid fire or charge up.  Yes, this is a thing Miter does, but still. :B

The real reason I'd like to see a thing like that, though, is I'd like to see some discrete primary weapons.  Having a giant gun and sword on your back when using secondaries always looked awkward to me (true for a lot of games, actually, Fable 2 and 3 for instance), so it would be cool if there was a less visible or easily concealed primary weapon.  I don't really care what sort. (ノ。◕‿◕)ノ*:・゚✧ 

Edited by Cursor

flak cannon is incoming, pretty sure a cryogun is as well

whip weapons should open the door for a kusari gama at a later point

dual kamas soon hopefully

tonfas definitely, with or without spikes/blades

nunchaku, with or without spikes/blades

spears, and other single ended polearms (ie halberds)

dbl ended sword staves (ie handle in middle with blades on both ends)

also clawed guantlets/boots combo similar to kogake would be great

u guys already covered most of the big stuff i see

Burst-fire shotgun or shotpistol was what I meant with that slash. Full-auto is not the same as burst fire. You don't get a full-auto Sicarus so same rule applies.

Soma's dual mode is more of a tap to fire, hold to ramp up auto-fire speed. However, if you tap it fast enough, you can actually ramp the speed up yourself. The one I'm wishing for is something along the lines of split mechanics, like what I mentioned in the starting post. Holding down the fire button while zoomed will only shoot a single burst/round as compared to having full-auto while unzoomed. It's similar but not the same.

I should have clarified my wish on a charge-type sniper. Lanka does require a charge but it tapping it doesn't allow it to shoot bullets. I was hoping to see something like a gauss rifle where normally tapping the weapon would fire a lower damage bullet while charging it up would allow for higher damage.

Kogake are not claws. Try asking Wolverine about claws.

What MDRLOz said. Even though it may interfere with holding weapons, I still wish that it would be in-game.

EDIT: Scan pistol is an alternative substitute for Enemy Sense or Enemy Radar but requires training to use. It's best usage is if coupled with a weapon that has wall and/or object penetration.

And again... shotguns already fire, by default, a "burst" of pellets. Full-auto for Boar Prime makes much more sense than having a "burst on top of existing burst".

Regarding the soma, the dual mechanics are exactly what you wanted, Just implemented better. You have single shot for tap, and can hold down fire button for full auto. However, you end up being able to fire in EITHER mode while ZOOMED IN.

Kogake ARE claws... just not as long as wolverine's "claws".

Regarding the scan pistol, interesting idea but your suggested implementation is .... problematic. Either have the idea implemented as an attached sight/display on an actual weapon you can kill your discovered targets with, or have it done through an equippable ability mod. Otherwise, the bearer is deprived of a secondary weapon, and the visual of the target is lost once you swap weapons*.

*Unless you mean that the scanner pistol somehow reveals enemies in a cone for a limited duration when you shoot it, instead of being some kind of handheld scanner display you have to look through. But that would just ruin the fun of looking through a display for hidden enemies. Seriously, such a display should be attached to a weapon.

Edited by 413X

I want to see unusual primary weapons.  Frankly the thing I'd really like to see is Iron Man ripped off and we get handblasters, that can shoot rapid fire or charge up.  Yes, this is a thing Miter does, but still. :B

Oh crap, You made me remember one of the reasons of my nick.

I now demand wrist-mounted rocket launchers.

Uh. Furax ARE real gauntlets. I'm not sure, but when you say huge gauntlets, by any chance are you thinking of Boxing Gloves instead? Like the kind that Boxers use?