Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Weapons Swing Effect

lautalocos

I think the Melee swing shown around 1:23 is what you're talking about?

that thing over this is what im looking for.

Warframe0081_zpse9686758.png

the swing effect in melee weapons looks good, but i think it stays way too much time.

as you can see in the photo above, the melee weapon swing effect stays in place (just below the shade in case you can´t see it), which looks a bit bad in my opinion.

i think it should dissapear quickly, it shouldn´t stay that much time. 

edit: what about making the effect follow the movement of the weapon? that would look a lot better in my opinion.

edit2: way better example:

Warframe0080_zps59dd7dcc.png

Edited by lautalocos

im really not sure what that pic is suppose to be showing.

besides the wall, your frame (and sent) and some fx, i see nothing.

below the shade, see that red FX? that´s the effect of swinging your melee weapon.

the thing is, the melee effect stays way too much time. it should dissapear quickly.

below the shade, see that red FX? that´s the effect of swinging your melee weapon.

the thing is, the melee effect stays way too much time. it should dissapear quickly.

the sparks?

irl sparks dont just poof out of existence, they do last a little while before they die off.

that aside, its kinda neat to have them, its part of the "look" of warframe.

the sparks?

irl sparks dont just poof out of existence, they do last a little while before they die off.

that aside, its kinda neat to have them, its part of the "look" of warframe.

no, not the spark.

that red FX. 

the one that depends of your melee energy color, that appears every time you swing your melee.

in this case, a red FX because the energy color of my melee weapons is red.

Having the particle effect stick around for a fraction of a second after the swing adds a degree of visual spectacle that can make the overall gameplay experience somewhat more enjoyable. Besides, action games just aren't complete without cool particle effects. Just imagine DmC or Metal Gear Rising without the fancy over-the-top particle effects. It would make the entire experience less ejoyable because some of the fun comes from the visual spectacle. Even though Warframe isn't a spectacle fighter, it's still a good idea to have those particle effects. 

Having the particle effect stick around for a fraction of a second after the swing adds a degree of visual spectacle that can make the overall gameplay experience somewhat more enjoyable. Besides, action games just aren't complete without cool particle effects. Just imagine DmC or Metal Gear Rising without the fancy over-the-top particle effects. It would make the entire experience less ejoyable because some of the fun comes from the visual spectacle. Even though Warframe isn't a spectacle fighter, it's still a good idea to have those particle effects. 

maybe if the trail followed the weapon, instead of being a static effect it could look better

maybe if the trail followed the weapon, instead of being a static effect it could look better

That's what I thought TC wanted to suggest. A good examples of effects that follow the weapon's movement would be Soulcalibur.

http://youtu.be/T_CJ-stZSS4?t=28s

I think it would look especially beautiful if it follows the weapon's swing like that. Of course, it remains to be seen, but it will look much more dynamic visually IMO, especially with the new charge attack combo follow-ups shown in Livestream 16

Edited by Casardis

That's what I thought TC wanted to suggest. A good examples of effects that follow the weapon's movement would be Soulcalibur.

http://youtu.be/T_CJ-stZSS4?t=28s

I think it would look especially beautiful if it follows the weapon's swing like that. Of course, it remains to be seen, but it will look much more dynamic visually IMO, especially with the new charge attack combo follow-ups shown in Livestream 16

exactly!

it should look like that. it would be way, way better

• 2 weeks later...