Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have something like Damage Attenuation as a difficulty modifier for the normal Starchart?

Wret

So when Steel Path was coming out I was thinking maybe it would be my ideal way to play the game, but in reality it just made mean lean harder into a narrower selection of tools. It was neat being in a place where just finishing the mission counted as progress again, but after I burned a path with Viral/Fire and Condition Overload to Mot, I was kind of done with it (and then they added those Arcanes). I feel something closer to Gears of War's coop where you have damage dealing/receiving modifiers that only apply to you as Difficulty options.

Basically I want something that handles constraining my damage and resistances for me so I don't have to manually figure out for each level range on each node as to what is or isn't overkill depending on Mod points and the vague tier of the weapon or the mods on it, which is how I usually do this. That way I can I utilize a large range of my arsenal without worry it's going wipe everything out, but also use things that will NEVER see Steel Path or similar content like the Theorem Arcanes no one likes. There's probably alot content like those Arcanes that arrived already irrelevant power-scale wise. But something like Enemy Level based Damage Attenuation might make them more viable than using a raw damage increasing Arcane.

The "Difficulty" Attenuation might benefit from scaling down healing and energy regeneration, or we could just say don't use the Large Energy Pizza's/Arcane Energize if you want a challenge. It's much easier to take those off than carefully adjusting your gun damage and Warframe defenses for each node. Maybe unbind the 5 key.

A benefit of doing the difficulty mode thing this way is it doesn't create a separate matchmaking pool, you can play in the same nodes as new players and not steal all their kills, while also fighting seriously with all most of your tools(REVENGE of the Seer) and not holding back. Other coop games typically have something like 'campaigns' (L4D) or chapters you can do with other players at a range of difficulties and Warframe doesn't quite have that(Bounties? Sort of?). An adjustable 'difficulty' attenuation thing would make it easy to limit yourself to a planet's level and progress through it like you did when you were new to the game, without needing to make a new loadout for every frame with 10 different levels of Serration, ect.

I'm not sure how Damage Attenuation exactly works so it might be a bad base for this but I think the idea is in the end, if I shoot a Grineer Lancer in the face with a fully modded Corinth Prime on Earth at Point Blank he still dies, but a Nox or Heavy Gunner will not and won't die too quick from the 20 Viral/Slash stacks from Hunter Munitions that end up on them. As they are shooting back, movement, cover, and DR abilities are important for not dying myself. Truly, Heaven...WarHeaven

1 hour ago, Wret said:

it doesn't create a separate matchmaking pool

... here's the real reason for that argument....

Look, I'm just going to say that I maxed out a Cadus, from Unranked to Rank 30, with unranked mods installed on Solo Steel Path missions and it took me less than 40 hours... So~, even though you used up valuable time to come up with an argument, I can assure you that even a Lato kills in Steel Path... its only, just and always a "matter of time".

Archived