Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rework: Valkyr

Joezone619

In light of the valkyr delux up coming, i thought i'd post my take on a valkyr rework/touch up. (which IMO please change the delux, I don't like it and many other don't either)

So to summarize

-Passive gets a some changes.

-Rip line doesn't get changed, just added onto. Augment does change though.

-Warcry nothing changes.

-Paralysis Is changed to an entirely new abilty.

-Hysteria gets a few changed, but most are to the talons themselves.

-A new death system, similar to reaper, and inaros.

Passive

Current:

Valkyr is nimble, able to recover from knockdown 50% faster and is immune to hard landings, landing with no touchdown delay.

New:

Valkyr is quick and nimble, recovering from knockdowns and hard landings 50% faster, and moving faster as she takes more and more damage.

Why? A few reasons. 1, since she is immune to hard landings the mod "heavy impact"  has no effect currently, so making her recover from heavy knockdowns faster, still keeps some aspect of that, and allow for the mod to be used. She is also meant to be a quick and nimble frame, so moving quicker when damaged would help you get out of sticky situations, as well as aid with the new death system later. 

Ripline

Nothing changes about ripline, just gets a "hold to" function

Hold to:

Latch onto an enemy, stealing (X)% of health per second while latched onto them.

Why? Hysteria has lifesteal, but has an animation that plays before the player is invincible. This change is for 2 reasons, 1 to give ripline more purpose, and 2, so players can lifesteal their health back without having to wait for hysteria's animation to finish, then go up and attack an enemy, and instead just directly latch onto an enemy immediately.

Shriek/Screech (Formerly Paralysis)

Valkyr lets out a shriek/screech of the torment she has endured, paralyzing enemies with fear.

Pretty self explanatory, enemies in a radius get frozen/paralyzed for (X) duration.

Why? People often forget that valkyr isn't just based on rage, shes also based on pain/torment, it even says it in her description, "The original valkyr was subject to cruel experiments". This ability is to remind people of that, but also to make some aspect of the slowness warcry has, recastable. Allowing people to freeze enemies in place at any time so long as they have the energy.

Hysteria

The ability itself stays mostly the same, the only change i'd make are removing the augment "Hysterical assault" (leap onto enemies up to 50m away), and make it innate.

Another change i'd make however is drastically reducing the drain of the ability, it just drains far too much to be viable given its a very close range melee, most of the energy will be spent trying to get to the enemy, rather then actually hitting them.

Hold to: Leap onto enemies (X) meters away.

Most of the changes are to the talons themselves however.

Changes to the talons:
-Increase range (to about 4-6 meters minimum)
-Rework the stance combos (the only combo worth doing is the slide for how many hits it gives you)

Death System

Just an idea i had to play towards valkyr's rage and fury. Upon death, valkyr equips her talons and has 3 seconds to kill an enemy with them.

Successfully killing an enemy will return you to 1-50 health.
Failing to kill an enemy will result in death.

Not likely to happen, but its an interesting idea i thought i'd throw out there.

And with that, this is my take on a valkyr rework. Everyone has their own opinions and ideas on how they'd rework valkyr, these are mine. I'd be interested in hearing what others would do though.

Archived