Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Akarius explosion (fx color) does not follow energy color if you are not host

Numerounius

Don't think any further description is needed. Would really love to get this fixed as the explosion fx has been bugged for quite a while as client.

My bullets just fly into the terrain and the explosion fx is bright blue which is the default when it should be following the weapon energy color, which is leaving me really confused. Please fix this along with any other bugs related to explosion fx thank you.

Can this bug please be fixed? Or can other people help confirm this bug exist or just help in confirming what the conditions are for causing or not causing this bug to occur? Since it seems like the population of akarius users in public squads is apparently just me.

Went looking for other reports and apparently it has been an issue for a long time now:

This weapon I think is a very good secondary weapon but having no visual feedback really hurts the value of it and makes me not want to use it.

On 2021-10-23 at 5:38 PM, Luctins said:

Didn't a recent patch fix the Akarius explosion always having bloom set to max? This probably has to do with this.

I am not seeing anything under the patch notes section related to Akarius about this unless you are talking about something that included something more than the Akarius.

Another thing is that other fx related to the akarius still exists such as the fissure buffs and bullet trails still exists which I think helps narrow down the issue that it is related to just the explosion fx and not other fx. If other information is needed, I would be more than happy to provide, but I just want DE to recognize this since this is really annoying to deal with and I don't want to have to tinker with my settings just to get this fixed when I can see other explosion fx such as the acceltra explosion fx just fine. It is insultingly obvious how jarring and out of place it looks (or doesn't appear) once you start using the weapon compared to other weapons with explosion fx.

Huh, another thing I have noticed a patch note that also references discrepancy with the akarius host vs client issue:, wonder if it got broken because of this. 

Update 27.4 (2020-05-01)

Fixed Akarius’ projectiles not homing onto enemies for Clients, as reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1125338-akarius-homing/

On 2021-10-25 at 5:33 PM, XHADgaming said:

I am not seeing anything under the patch notes section related to Akarius about this unless you are talking about something that included something more than the Akarius.

I couldn't find any patch notes too, but I'm not very familiar with the patch notes wording.

If it helps, it probably was around 1.5 months ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey DE, when you "fixed" it why was the "fix" left out of the patch notes and why wasn't it QAed to see if the fix was actually correct? Like checking the properties of the color fx matching the corresponding color on the weapon like all other AOE explosion weapons and trigger period and radius of explosion when you are client? Instead of assuming the fix wouldn't break something else? 

Please don't make me beg again just to get this fixed properly it is getting exhausting that I have to constantly beg for fixes on stuff that have a 100% reproduction rate or that I am encountering constantly.  Hopefully there is already a fix in the works if a "simple fix" was pushed out before a detailed fix was. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having the same issues, i use the akarius alot and i noticed that when ur not the Host the AOE explosion is a Bright Blue Color that hurts my eyes! and when i play solo or host a match <(When even this works) then my energy color is what i had it in my arsenal but this Needs more attention and i hope Hope DE fixes this soon, like yesterday

• 1 month later...

Over a month later and still not fixed. ???? I really don't want to continue bumping but what other choices do I have other than commenting on a previously made bug report thread that the issue still persists? And still very noticeable and impactful.

@[DE]MomawYou made this comment in regards to the akarius explosion fx:

"The Akarius visual bug is known but low priority since it is visual-only and doesn't affect the performance of the weapon"

It has been at least three months since confirmation that it was a bug was finally given and even longer that it was an issue, even before that when the fx wouldn't even show up when you are a client.  But it is starting to get on my nerves with how much I have invested into my Akarius build and cannot use it like other similar weapons because of bright the explosion it has that remains unchangeable when I am a client. Even the Kuva Ogris Nightwatch Naplm fx became customizable when I thought it wasn't going to be since the effect came from the mod and not the weapon so this argument of being a visual bug becomes even weaker since the Nightwatch Naplm fix was visual only as well indicating that there are resources being put into visual only fx in the game.

I know it is only visual but having to subject myself to a white light, almost in a strobe-like effect, every time I fire the weapon while I am a client and that I know should be changeable is annoying and fixable. It doesn't seem fair that a fix can't be put out for a bug that is so egregious such as this one since it impacts all client users of the Akarius and very noticeable compared to other more tame bugs I have seen fixed. 

And one thing I have showing for it is: we know this is an issue suck it up, really stings knowing that the behavior the weapon is unintended yet at the same time intended since it has been shown to be a bug by the developers yet it remains unfixed it since it got put the low priority list.

Archived