Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In event of Disconnect ("host migration"), allow immediate Extraction option in Defense mode.

DaemoniKira

Hi,

I have been disconnected multiple times in the middle of missions in which I was partied. Every time, I am forced to then finish the rest of the mission alone. In this last mission, a Defense mission, we were a party of 3 and had JUST decided not to extract before the 10-15 Wave. Myself and another party member were disconnected during the first round, and each sent to our own version of the same mission at the same wave, but separate instances so we had to complete them alone. We are not very geared; he was able to finish the 15th Wave and extract (and, importantly, get full rewards/loot), but I was not able to even complete the first wave of the 10-15 set.

So, I failed the mission.

Which, I found out, means I was not eligible to receive ANY loot/rewards from finishing the 1-5 and 5-10 waves. Even though I was disconnected. 

So --especially in missions such as Defense that have multiple points at which you can extract or choose to stay-- there should be an option where if a player is disconnected, upon reconnecting they are offered the option to extract immediately, and be given the loot/rewards that they would have received from the last wave that they completed.

Alternatively, just reconnect the player to their original mission instance, with their other party members. Not sure why this isn't the case to begin with.

Otherwise, it's an insane waste of time. Knowing how often I am disconnected due to unreliable internet, and knowing I won't get ANY rewards if I am failed because of a disconnect, I have no interest whatsoever in even attempting to push past the 10th wave of any Defense mission. Just in case I'm disconnected. And that's pretty lame.

Hope this gets implemented. I'm a pretty new[ly addicted] player, but these kinds of oversights are incredibly frustrating.

7 minutes ago, DaemoniKira said:

Alternatively, just reconnect the player to their original mission instance, with their other party members. Not sure why this isn't the case to begin with.

That is the default, and what does always happen (for me at least). A host migration happens when you lose connection to the host (a player, P2P connection). It is often because of ping issues, or the host quitting. It is meant to reconnect everyone in the squad still playing, but people with slower PCs and/or internet cannot reconnect quickly enough, so they get dropped. They solution to this is to get better hardware or internet - that’s anyone that consistently fails to reconnect.

• Tip, on defence missions don’t select “Battle” if the host hasn’t by the end of the timer. Sure, hit it first if you want to carry on, but change off it at 1 second remaining if they haven’t picked something. Some people like to deliberately host migrate you (a very small number).

I do think having the option to extract immediately would be good. Alternatively, our loot could just be saved at each checkpoint.

6 hours ago, krc473 said:

That is the default, and what does always happen (for me at least). A host migration happens when you lose connection to the host (a player, P2P connection). It is often because of ping issues, or the host quitting. It is meant to reconnect everyone in the squad still playing, but people with slower PCs and/or internet cannot reconnect quickly enough, so they get dropped.

Ah. So it is likely the internet; my boyfriend and I are in the same room on the same internet, and this host migration happens sometimes, whether he is host or I am. It seems our internet is dropping for long enough that it disconnects us, and then we can't rejoin each other's games. Whenever we get disconnected, we have never been rejoined, so we both thought this was not an option, haha.

Loot saves at checkpoints would be great, though I presumed the reason this isn't the case to begin with is to make it riskier (high risk/high reward) to continue versus extracting. I think maybe this loot save or immediate extraction option should probably be implemented in the event that most of your party leaves, even if you don't disconnect, because that has the same effect. Any time the party size decreases drastically in between extractions, making finishing it --and thus, getting any rewards-- substantially more difficult.

And, thank you for your explanation and tips! Much appreciated. :)

5 hours ago, DaemoniKira said:

It seems our internet is dropping for long enough that it disconnects us, and then we can't rejoin each other's games

Out of curiosity, are you using wireless or wired internet? Mine has a periodic issue with the 5 GHz frequency where it likes to randomly cut the connection to check the frequency for something I don’t remember - this causes everything connected to drop the connection. Wired is the better choice where possible.

5 hours ago, DaemoniKira said:

Loot saves at checkpoints would be great, though I presumed the reason this isn't the case to begin with is to make it riskier (high risk/high reward) to continue versus extracting

I would assume that is the reason too. Surely there would be a way to do it though - probably a difficult thing as we don’t have it already.

Archived