Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RJ Volatile missions

(NSW)DarthCurt

I am getting so, so , so frustrated with the Volatile mission type. I can't even get past the one in Venus Proxima. I go in there w/ a Fluctus on my Necramech, but even that seems to do no good. Is there a good strat for soloing the damn things?

Or can we just get rid of them? I'd really like to be able to open up more of the Proxima star chart.

9 minutes ago, (NSW)DarthCurt said:

Nope, I haven't even attempted the Orphix missions yet. I just can't seem to grasp Volatile. I shoot pipes as Cy tells me to, but still end up failing the mission in a couple minutes. Is it just a matter of me 'getting gud'? 

That and probably more a matter of understanding what you need to do, which tbf the game generally does a poor job of. When you get to the reactor it'll start filling up heat, which will show on a bar on your HUD. There are some brackets on the bar you need to keep the heat within in order to proceed. To add heat, just wait. To remove heat, shoot the marked pipes. So basically follow the markers for the pipes, and when the heat gets a little over the bracket shoot the pipe and move on to the next. It'll also mark any engineers that spawn, and you just need to kill them before they get to their console and fix the reactor. As long as you shoot the marked pipes and the marked engineers you can't lose. You can also do the optional objective to get the credentials from one of the crewships before going inside, which will make fewer engineers spawn.

Volatile is a rough mission.  There are a COUPLE of ways to fail.

-You dont manage the heat = kaboom

-You let an engineer hack a console = game over.

------------

This mission usually has the optional objective of capturing a solider on a crewship.. this  delays???? the arrvial of engineers.  (Although in my opinion they come anyways?? so wtf). 

-------------

The solution to this mission is something you already mentioned......  I use my MECH when i get to the pipe section.  Your pretty much immune from the fodder troops,  you can switch levels and move pretty quickly as a mech.  I dont use fluctus... I usually use cortege but have been working on Mausolin lately.  I love cortege more tho but mine does have a riven.   All the gas vents are on that tile tho... so fluctus should be pretty awesome... probably just a little difficult to hit the pipe weak spots....   Grattler might also kick ass for this mission... 

But its like I said.   Kill engineers ASAP if they show up.   And second dont let the pipes overheat, blow them early if you have to, dont wait for them to get into the sweet spot.  Better to have the mission take longer than to fail.   

Archived