Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tile sets that valorize platforming

xJusteen47

I would love to see a new (solar) system heavily platforming based that encourages thinking on the mechanics you should use to navigate through the levels. A new set of nodes that incorporates ghostrunner and/or Titanfall inspired gameplay, great platforming/room design that encourages you not to stay on the ground is the pinnacle of fun. I think that warframe should rely more on this component, maybe normal wall run and wall climb could be refined and reimplemented. This is also great for replayability and could prevent many players from getting bored after a while. I hope you can consider this idea.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

So, Jupiter?

I mean, Jupiter has platforming-focused tiles in the single digits, and those rarely blend with combat areas. Many of the other areas are a lot more vertical than other maps (*coughdeadlockcruiserscough*) but still, it's not exactly pushing what Warframe's movement system is capable of.

hace 2 minutos, Loza03 dijo:

I mean, Jupiter has platforming-focused tiles in the single digits, and those rarely blend with combat areas. Many of the other areas are a lot more vertical than other maps (*coughdeadlockcruiserscough*) but still, it's not exactly pushing what Warframe's movement system is capable of.

Correct. I very much enjoy those gigantic Jupiter rooms that allow for freedom of movement, but they are more of filler travel spaces where we never fight than anything else.

I wish there was a way to make rooms as big as Europe's biggest ones combining the open of those parkour tiles with the combat of closed ones.
I might not be claustrophobic but I am starting to be bothered by fighting in corridors and closed areas 90% of the times.
Open worlds don't support parkour either, just vehicles.

17 hours ago, xJusteen47 said:

I would love to see a new (solar) system heavily platforming based that encourages thinking on the mechanics you should use to navigate through the levels. A new set of nodes that incorporates ghostrunner and/or Titanfall inspired gameplay, great platforming/room design that encourages you not to stay on the ground is the pinnacle of fun. I think that warframe should rely more on this component, maybe normal wall run and wall climb could be refined and reimplemented. This is also great for replayability and could prevent many pledgers from getting bored after a while. I hope you can consider this idea.

This was already added... It's called Gas City Rework....

17 hours ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

So, Jupiter?

Pretty Much.

17 hours ago, Loza03 said:

That's might something to do with how finicky the movement system can be... Like how your double jump seems to have some sort of annoying Resistance and Ledge Hopping causing you to Fall rather than get higher and Double Jumping simply not working I'm some cases.

10 hours ago, Lutesque said:

This was already added... It's called Gas City Rework....

Pretty Much.

That's might something to do with how finicky the movement system can be... Like how your double jump seems to have some sort of annoying Resistance and Ledge Hopping causing you to Fall rather than get higher and Double Jumping simply not working I'm some cases.

Having one tile set per mission and only there is not what I would call heavily platforming based, plus I was talking about a new solar system, a radical change in design, something  that can’t be achieved only like this 

1 minute ago, xJusteen47 said:

Having one tile set per mission and only there is not what I would call heavily platforming based, plus I was talking about a new solar system, a radical change in design, something  that can’t be achieved only like this 

Rathuum Wasn't Built in a Day, Tenno.... You gotta start Small then work your Way Sideways... 😉

Archived