Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To the Devs. The New War - No spoilers

Dragazhar

I do not visit forums much. I have commented on these forums as many times as there are fingers on one hand. Yet, one of the times I did was in response to The Second Dream and so I felt I needed to visit again and give you my thoughts and feedback. 

I updated my WF around 11:30 am and started right in and was impressed. I liked the 2 starting missions for the different prospectives as you went into the meat of the story. I am a casual player and tend to take my time in any mission even on public. These two were a wonderful change and not too hard to figure out where and what was needed to complete the tasks at hand. The difficulty was not too bad for one as visually challenged as myself and even though I failed here and there, I learned what NOT to do quite quickly and kept going! Using the glaive took some practice for sure! I failed more than once and lost footing laughing.

I did not get frustrated by some of the challenges I was faced with which says much for the effort you put in the levels' difficulty. There are games out there that are huge fans of parkour and difficult challenges that bring me back to WF continuously due to frustration. I enjoyed the boss fights and the objectives were clear < except for the time I kept trying to shoot one not hearing the voice in my head telling me to RUN! > but that was just me lol. The only issue with any boss fight for me is visual and that is not on you at all,  It is a challenge for me and me alone there.

The Story.. oh the story. I am so glad you make the story clear. I and friends have been theory crafting what we were going to see when this came out and what's interesting is all of us were wrong in some parts yet all of us had something right in our thoughts. There were as it was with The Second Dream.. tears in my eyes at the end. Brilliant. I got stuck on some choices but I feel I chose based on my experience and I am quite satisfied!  My wish was granted and I am one content Tenno!  It was after midnight when I completed The New War. I'd taken a few breaks here and there of course. But... Well worth it.

Thank you again for a wonderful game and your hard work making it shine.

A lone Tenno.

P.S. Just saying this to get it off my chest... Warframe is and always will be a Labour of love. Hands down., NO CONTEST .. period.

Thank you.

As a friend to Dragazhar and taking part in the theories discussed she mentioned, I have to agree on each and every point.

You guys at DE are simply the best, giving us your heart and soul in the work put in to this FREE to play game. No hassle, no fuss with paygates.
I am in my 50s and even though I'm not as visually impaired as Drag, I have some hand-eye coordination issues from time to time. This comes with age :D
So the glaive did take a bit to get the hang of but in the end, The New War is the best I've seen so far and I do not understand how you going to top that - But with the entire solar system as your playground, your own 3D engine and the ability to do what you want with the code, I have faith that the wait for next chapter will be just as well worth it as the wait for The New War has been.

I pray (in spite of not even being religious hehe) that DE never sell out to EA or any other foolish gamehouses out there who are pushing the releases of half finished content.
The New War gave me no problems at all on my medium sized gaming rig, yet it looked, felt and performed wonderfully! This is impressive stuff you came out with!
You guys keep doing your thing in your own good time and this game will always be in the top of competition out there whilst at the same time available to all players who can't pay subscriptions or have to beg mom and dad for money to buy gear or whatnot just to be able to play.
Love you all for that as my own financial situation fluctuates a lot, especially now with the Covid pandemic tossing sticks in the wheels of so many work situations.
The fact that you did all this working from home just makes it all the more impressive.

Congratulations on a game that should be given all kinds of rewards. You have earned it!

Archived