Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Loves Battlefield 4? (And Warframe)

ZeroJohn

someone that actually likes 2142? o.0

i thought i was the sole being in the 2142 species. 

ah, 2142. interesting gamemodes, a drastically differt Art Style that flowed really well, mindblowingly good detail on vehicles and weapons(for it's time), etc.

and you pay Developers money before you get to see their product? *snort* i stopped doing that years ago. too much money wasted on garbage games that people consider to be great, but are really horrible. 

people set their bar SO low. 

"different art style"? well it is suppose to  take place in 2142 lol

Eh I'm glad BF4 is getting some hate IMO there going down the same path that cod went. Also I find it that the fan boys are hypocrites whenever they are like "OMGZ BF4 IZ BETTER COD IS THE SAME $#%#5 EVERY YEAR ASDFKLSDGLHSDG" 

Edited by alphex

Even though BF4 is pretty similar to BF3, at least they put some effort into it.

Every year CoD is basically the same S#&$. Re-used textures, re-used cutscenes, re-used assets.

As much S#&$ that DICE does, they put effort into what they do.

I mean, Ghosts looks like absolute S#&$ and somehow has a 50gb install.

The textures are @(*()$ awful, and they reuse a lot of S#&$..

Edited by Nugget_

Eh I'm glad BF4 is getting some hate IMO there going down the same path that cod went. Also I find it that the fan boys are hypocrites whenever they are like "OMGZ BF4 IZ BETTER COD IS THE SAME $#%#5 EVERY YEAR ASDFKLSDGLHSDG" 

i hope you aren't suggesting CODfishy isn't a copy paste with a texture pack.

that 'new revolutionary engine'? yeah, well, it's still IDtech2, the same decades old engine they've been using forever. and that's the foundation of why the games feel so horrible! bad foundation, bad everything else.

Battlefield is certainly falling into the same dreary hole..... but there is a fairly well built engine at it's foundation. 

i'll laugh all the way to the bank as EA tries to make every game out of Frostbite, everything from a children's shooter, to 'hardcore' shooters, to racing games. Frostbite is built to be a hardcore FPS engine, not a racing game. 

it's flexible, but it does suffer in some areas. even if you throw 250 Million dollars into Frostbite(which EA did 'cause they're stupid), that won't change that. 

BF4 should have been a free expansion for BF3. 

but BF3, while it had a few neat features - like vaulting, and a VASTLY better armored warfare model - was overall, not a Battlefield game. BF4 is also, not a Battlefield game. 

the Multiplayer in these titles is actually the worst part, the sole fact that there's an M1613 w/ RDS, Foregrip, Heavy Barrel/Supressor combo in every shooter nowadays(for those not aware, i mean a gun and any attachments that is statistically superior in all cases to every other gun in the entire game), that ALONE, already kills half of the enjoyment the game could possibly have.

and that's half of a bar that isn't filled that well to start with. 

Battlefield used to reward players for being skillful. now, it's just like any other shooter, whoever glued their trigger down first, wins. everyone uses 31 bullets to kill a single person, because they can. 

i remember the days of true multiplayer shooters where the game was truly rewarding to play. 4 bullets per customer, and i move on. conserving my ammunition so i can be useful to my team, and we can successfully complete the objective. 

they are infact a disgrace to the Industry. 

i literally won't accept any other opinions on this, it's just too depressingly true. i won't force it upon anyone, just know that there is no argument against this MASSIVE issue. 

edit:

there are no new guns. all of the guns in each Caliber operate on the exact same principles. every gun is a model & texture change on every other one. 

sure, real firearms are all rather similar. i know. so guns that are almost identical in performance to one another? DON'T HAVE THEM IN THE GAME. don't have 8 5.56x45mm Assault Rifles that ALL do the same f*cking thing. it's a waste of the players' time. 

there are PLENTY of firearms games could have that bring something unique to the field. but that takes effort to develop, rather than just writing the functions for a set of guns, and using the same function with slightly modified stats for 60 guns, but only having like, 5 different 'presets' that guns categorize into. 

also, in BF3, there was only one gun. M16A3. 

BF4, only one gun. AK-12. 

no other guns exist in these two titles. because those two Assault Rifles do everything a small arms fire weapon would ever need to do. the best Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, Pistol, Machine Gun, Submachine Gun, and Tactical Marksman weapon. 

they do everything

edit2:

anyone that truly is an advocate for the potential and enjoyment that the Shooter Genre has to offer, should really play Hard Reset. 

Hard Reset is a beautiful game. difficulty spikes, and bosses ranging from dafuq difficult to silly easy, are the only issues that Hard Reset really has. and those are totally overlookable once you grasp and start evolving in Hard Reset. 

Hard Reset is a masterful game. i was blown away at the experience i had throughout the game. 

Flying Wild Pig has my permanent interest in any future games they make. because their debut title was... just stunning. 

I honestly never thought of these points before.  I might get BF4 on Black Friday so I can play with my buddy, but since I don't even have it yet, I think I already understand what you are saying.  I would probably give you a high-five if I could.  :D