Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Railjack] NPC behavior request - Station priorities.

MasterControl

This isn't explicitly *needed,* but would be incredibly helpful - Players should be able to assign NPC crews role priority that they will follow when determining which action to take. This could be gated behind a Command intrinsic, or to Elite Crewmates.

For example:

Crewmate X has their priorities assigned to Defend: 1, Repair: 2, Gunnery: 3, Piloting: Never. If boarded, the crewmate will prioritize clearing boarders before attempting to repair any hazards, and if neither of these issues are present, will default to attempting to use a turret.

Crewmate Y has their priorities assigned to Piloting: 1, Gunnery: 2, Defend: 3 and Repair: Never. They will default to piloting, but if a Tenno commandeers the helm, will get into a turret. If there are no free turrets, they will defend the Railjack.

Crewmate Z has their priorities set to Repair: 1, Defend: 2, Gunnery: Never and Piloting: Never. They will attempt to repair damage to the Railjack before engaging enemies, and if there are no hazards, default to defending the Railjack (current Engineer behavior)

The additional flexibility and customization provided would be a great boon to those running Railjack solo, and would limit the need to pause gameplay by entering the tactical menu to make your crew perform your desired actions.

Honestly I would be happy just being able to set Pilot crewmates to switch to Gunner if I'm piloting. That by itself would be a massive QoL improvement.

Getting rid of the Defender role entirely because it's just a worse version of Engineer would also be nice; at least then my pilot would repair things while I'm piloting.

On 2021-12-25 at 10:04 PM, HiddenKazuma said:

Getting rid of the Defender role entirely because it's just a worse version of Engineer would also be nice; at least then my pilot would repair things while I'm piloting.

The only issue with getting rid of Defender is that Engineers prioritize repairing the ship over self-preservation. They'll happily sit and get shot to death to fix a fire that is much less urgent than the boarders causing them. If this were adjusted, I would agree, however.

Those are All Great Ideas....

However DE just isn't going to implement those simply because they don't want to give players even more if a Reason to play Solo...

I think the reason we got Crew in the first place was because people just weren't playing Railjack at all.... And so they had to get over that hump first.... Now that we are here I think they want more people to play together and better Crew Features don't fit into that goal...

Archived