Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Braton Vandal Question

EagleRise

As some of you may know, the Braton Vandal is nowhere near its past glory. it nowhere near being a valid option as a weapon.

its outperformed by its standard counterpart, something no other Vandal dose.

the reason its like this is because, at the time of its release (it was buy-able for 1 credit for 4 days) it was considered the best assault rifle in the game. (tho to this day I claim my Boltor did a better job)
allot of players whined, and DE made it so it wont be better then the normal Braton, something they did with no other Vandal weapon.

time has passed, and now I believe that the Braton Vandal can get a buff. maybe even to its pass glory.

lets be honest here, with the Soma as it is, and many other weapons, the claim that the Braton Vandal gives an edge to players that have it over players that don't is not valid anymore.
also, pretty much every player that has it already owns a stash of god-tire weapons that even a buffed Braton Vandal cant compete with. 

make the Braton Vandal the weapon is deserves to be! not just a weapon we use for its awesome audio from time to time.

Edit :

xYVnceE.jpg

rYIA7Oq.jpg

as you can see, the description for the Braton Vandal clearly stats it SHOULD have more damage then its counterpart.
thanks to BraveDude8 for taking the pictures. 

Edited by EagleRise

Well it is pretty much about the problem of power creep in recent weapons with a few exceptions. That being said, damage and armor 2.0 should change some of those old guns powers so while your statement is completely valid now, I would hold procedures for now and wait till the major changes get implemented until we start to do anything about this issue.

Well it is pretty much about the problem of power creep in recent weapons with a few exceptions. That being said, damage and armor 2.0 should change some of those old guns powers so while your statement is completely valid now, I would hold procedures for now and wait till the major changes get implemented until we start to do anything about this issue.

Armor 2.0 is going to change the way armor and elements work, not the weapon stats, so both Braton and Braton vandal will deal the same good old bullet damage type and the Vandal is going to remain outgunned. 

I'd like a Lato vandal buff to..

Maybe if they buffed it I'd actually use mine. Wile they're at it, buff the Lato Vandal too so I can use it instead of Gremlins.

the Lato Vandal is perfectly fine as it is, dose more damage then the standard Lato ,its more accurate and comes with a polarity slot, while slightly slower then the standard counterpart.

its a Vandal for the very first pistol you get, you cant expect it to be a monster pistol, but as a mid level weapons its great.

Edited by EagleRise

Vandal(and Wraith) weapons should be nothing more than skins/reskins.

They're even fare, the prestige that comes from merely having one should be enough of a motivation and reward for earning one.

Even if there was no power creep within the game(whether through a return to a sidegrade system, or introducing proper power progression), Vandals and Wraiths are limited availability items, and as such should not and can not be in any way shape or form better than their regular equivalents.

They're even fare, the prestige that comes from merely having one should be enough of a motivation and reward for earning one.

Even if there was no power creep within the game(whether through a return to a sidegrade system, or introducing proper power progression), Vandals and Wraiths are limited availability items, and as such should not and can not be in any way shape or form better than their regular equivalents.

With that said then, DE would need to do what they did with the Braton Vandal. Throw it in the shop for 1 credit for a limited time. Cause with no stat changed from the original, it's either gonna be just as crappy as the original or just as good as the original. In this case, the machete wraith would have been nowhere near worth the amount of effort to get it. (can't speak for the prov cause I've never owned, but I do know it's far from being the best melee weapon out there)  I don't like power creep either but if you're gonna make them just reskins then they wouldn't really be worth the amount of effort to some. (only those that really just want a collectors item would go for it really) I can't speak for everyone but I know I wouldn't go out of my way to do a fair amount of missions for a simple reskin. Needs to be more to it than that.

No.Why?

I have all exclusive weapons and i dont have original variants.And if DE wound do thet youll see many tons of S#%t on forum because of that.

Many players agree with me.

P.S. Sorry for bad english

I wont do 50 missions for a skin, don't know how about you.

and about your statment, the Braton Vandal is weaker then the standard Braton, so making it an equal is actually a buff. 

Edited by EagleRise

With that said then, DE would need to do what they did with the Braton Vandal. Throw it in the shop for 1 credit for a limited time. Cause with no stat changed from the original, it's either gonna be just as crappy as the original or just as good as the original. In this case, the machete wraith would have been nowhere near worth the amount of effort to get it. (can't speak for the prov cause I've never owned, but I do know it's far from being the best melee weapon out there)  I don't like power creep either but if you're gonna make them just reskins then they wouldn't really be worth the amount of effort to some. (only those that really just want a collectors item would go for it really) I can't speak for everyone but I know I wouldn't go out of my way to do a fair amount of missions for a simple reskin. Needs to be more to it than that.

Not really. The way you earn something dose not have to reflect any sort of jump in power, nor dose it really do so in Warframe anyway(mostly due to all the power creep since U8). As for the worth/effort part, read below.

I wont do 50 missions for a skin, don't know how about you.

A. You are not the entire player base, and conforming to your attitude is/would be extremely toxic for the long term health of the game.

B. 25 missions is nowhere near "not worth a skin", especially considering other benefits that came with it, and the fact that you're getting an exclusive item, for doing what you'd do anyway.

C. Acknowledging an achievement with any sort of reward always feels good, even if the reward is useless. See: achievement systems in games.

The skin is your trophy, it gives you the prestige and bragging rights that come with having something others can't/don't. See: Excalibur Prime.

and about your statment, the Braton Vandal is weaker then the standard Braton, so making it an equal is actually a buff. 

My statement is that they should be cosmetic, if that means buffing them to match the original, I am fine with that.

I'm not a nerf natzi, I'm a sidegrade style balance natzi. Learn the difference.

Edited by Naqel

My statement is that they should be cosmetic, if that means buffing them to match the original, I am fine with that.

I'm not a nerf natzi, I'm a sidegrade style balance natzi. Learn the difference.

yea... making them the same is is totally a sidegrage.

Vandals used to be a sidegrade, trading speed for power, how ever, DE changed it for whatever reason and made them upgrades, with the exception of the Braton Vandal.

have you ever saw a Braton Vandal in game? probably not, care to guess why?

no one wants an exclusive weapon thats outperformed by pretty much everything, you wont bring it to high level missions if you have something thats much better.

and with DE trying to deny matching high levels with low levels, you have no one to brag too any way, all high level have one/have something much more impressive. (I know I'm both)

remember thats its a PVE game, killing stuff is whats impressive in a weapon, not how exclusive it is or how fancy it is (also because no one notice the difference unless they really look/you tell them its different).

don't get me wrong, its a fun weapon, I giggle every time I smash a Grineer's face with bullets, mainly because of its great fire sound.

but every Braton Vandal user will also tell you how fast that giggle is switched with anger, when you spend an entire mag on enemies that take only a few bullets from other weapons.

About your Excal.P example.

he has several improvements over the normal Excal, 1. aditional V slot and also a V aura (which means you can get an extra 7 mod points straight up using the aura, and save even more with the slot) 2. as a Prime, he gains small buffs, one of the useful once is giving the entire team energy if standing near the laser-ball-traps in the void.

and I never saw people being amazed at the sight of a Prime TBH, never, not even once. 

this topic is about buffing the Braton Vandal to stand in line with how other Vandals are in comparison to their standard counterparts, not whatever the entire Vandal line should be redesigned. 

Edit :

also, with 'buff' I don't mean 'super-soma-tire', Its more like +2/4 damage per bullet, thats it, just something that makes it better then the standard, as now its completely worse. 

Edited by EagleRise

A. You are not the entire player base, and conforming to your attitude is/would be extremely toxic for the long term health of the game.

B. 25 missions is nowhere near "not worth a skin", especially considering other benefits that came with it, and the fact that you're getting an exclusive item, for doing what you'd do anyway.

C. Acknowledging an achievement with any sort of reward always feels good, even if the reward is useless. See: achievement systems in games.

The skin is your trophy, it gives you the prestige and bragging rights that come with having something others can't/don't. See: Excalibur Prime.

I agree with him and disagree with you.He's right.Aslo noone wants his weapons become just skins for weapon that they even didnt have.

I feel like I should chuck these images in from my other thread. Feel free to add them to the OP.

xYVnceE.jpg

IPjTs53.jpg

rYIA7Oq.jpg

the description is old, from when it had 28 damage and the normal Braton had 18 I think, also, before DE decided that Vandals will be Corpus modified weapons.

will add them. :)