Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mercury Survival

Drakontis

First of all, I enjoy Survival. A lot. I've played in some really good games the last few days. That being said, Mercury survival is bullshxx. There should not be NAPALMS on such a low map area. Especially since getting REDIRECTION and Serration is unheard of nowadays until you get to at least somewhere around level 20. There's NO reason for them to be on such a low map area. 

this is true, napalms need to not be able to kill us so easily, regardless of planet. maybe past the 40 minute mark, I'd understand. but that DoT fire is crazy

^I don't actually do survival on mercury either, but I assume they start showing up the same time they do on all other grineer survival maps. 5 min or so. just means, realistically, new players should just extract as soon as possible, take the rewards they can get, and just keep moving through the solar system

The map starts at under level 10.

Around 5 minutes in, you start getting Heavy Gunners and level ~12 enemies.

Around 10 minutes in, Napalms and Bombards show up, level ~16 enemies.

Around 20 minutes in, Napalms, Bombards, and Heavy Gunners seem to show up more than normal mobs, level ~25.

Around 30 minutes in, there are many Napalms, Bombards, and Heavy Gunners, all around level ~70, and things like commanders, rollers, seekers, and the grineer snipers are still not spawning.

Getting to 15 minutes with a rhino, soma and brakk on Appolodorus isn't easy. Napalms show up at like 7 minutes, top.

Napalms, bombards and heavy gunners account for about a third of the ennemies 15min in, the explosion spam makes it hard to see anything at that point.

Edited by Kaian-a-coel

I've had Napalms start showing up as the first heavies at around the 4 minute mark.  Next are the Bombards and the last ones that seem to show up are the Heavy Gunners.  Then again, I use it as a low level weapon leveling area so I tend to look for heavies rather than run from them.

Apollodorus is kinda ridiculous.

After about 20-25 minutes, i started running into level 90+ napalms + bombardiers.

Edit:

There was also some unclear statements

Napalms spawn at 5 minutes, almost always on the dot.

Bombardiers spawn somewhere around 7 minutes.

Edited by CyberVermin

Napalms spawn at 5 minutes, almost always on the dot.

This right here is correct. They started spawning on the Mercury Survival at 5 minutes. I was helping a friend out and we both had low level frames and the Napalms were the first to show at 5 minutes. I was expecting Heavy Gunners, or at least Bombards or Seekers, not bloody Napalms. 

You want to know something funny? A level 10 Napalm doesn't do much damage.

Against a Rank 30 Rhino with max Redirection and Vigor and with Iron Skin? No. Against a Rank 10 or so Excal, Mag or Loki with no Redirection because it doesn't drop until Elite Lancers or Disruptors start being encountered? Yes.

Against a Rank 30 Rhino with max Redirection and Vigor and with Iron Skin? No. Against a Rank 10 or so Excal, Mag or Loki with no Redirection because it doesn't drop until Elite Lancers or Disruptors start being encountered? Yes.

my level 0 mag.p with no vitality/redirection/vigor didnt have much trouble getting to 20 min.

though, to be fair, i did have a lvl 27 vectis... and an unranked brakk.

Edited by alchemistjkt

They're only required to get to 5 minutes.

After 5 minutes, you still have to head to extraction, and assuming new players, they might not be AT extraction AT 5 minutes, so that leaves anywhere from 30 seconds to 3-4 minutes till you get to extraction. Plenty of time to get wrecked by Napalms. PLUS new players probably won't even have Serration yet, the most basic of damage mods, so taking down heavy units tends to be a chore with the primary weapon. 

Maybe the idea behind that was that they stick together instead of running of alone.

The survival map on Mercury is good to level up stuff like fresh forma'd weapons or frames.

Funny: On the third mission on Mercury, you've got plenty Napalms there... Now imagine just having a MK1-Braton, a Lato and a Skana with virtually no significant mods. No THAT's for real Tenno.

my level 0 mag.p with no vitality/redirection/vigor didnt have much trouble getting to 20 min.

though, to be fair, i did have a lvl 27 vectis... and an unranked brakk.

Not to start a flame war, but would it kill you to quit being so condescending? 

Mercury's Survival node is a capital place to level unranked or forma'd gear, I get more XP there than doing other survivals for some reason, like, double what I get doing a T3 Survival for 65 minutes, in merely 30. Go with a decent group and hold your own and you can level a weapon to or nearly to 30 in a little over an hour, same with a Warframe. 

It isn't too hard a node when you're packing better heat, but near the 10 minute mark you have so many knockdown/stagger units that even my buds and I have issues getting around with most of our HP intact, simply because of the number of enemies who's sole purpose is knocking you down.

(posted about that issue here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/130114-about-that-enemy-diversity/#entry1562529 )