Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Interception fissures still punish you for doing well

motorfirebox

This has been an issue since Void Fissures were introduced: the reactant drop rate is too low. If you play well, and keep all four towers capped, there is a very good chance you won't see enough reactant drops to crack your relic.

This just isn't fun. It makes me actively avoid interception fissures, when normally interception is a mode I enjoy playing. Call me crazy, but when I play a game mode, I like to do as well as I can. It's really frustrating to have to back off and let the enemy win so that I don't fail my actual goal.

We know reactant drop rates vary by mission type, otherwise nobody would ever crack a relic in capture fissures. Please adjust the drop rate in interception fissures—right now, it seems tuned so that a perfect cap will net you something like 9.9 reactant, or maybe exactly 10—which means if one drops in some far-off corner of the map, you might not have time to get it before the timer is up.

I recognize that the drop rate tuning is probably designed to get players to leave the capture points, which is a nice idea but real outcome is that players have to manage not capping points in order to succeed. Please increase the drop rate. It doesn't have to be much, just a ~20% or even 10% increase will give players plenty of time to collect all the reactant they need even if they play a perfect round, and it will still force players to leave their capture points to collect reactant.

This is especially bad because (imo) people tend to avoid interception missions.

So you go in with a group of two, and the odds are good some third person is going to get dumped in at some point, but if you 4-cap the mission then the odds are also good that person is going to get dumped in so late that they'll struggle to get 10 reactant.

So you end up in the situation the OP's talking about where you're going "no, do badly so that some future possible single-serve-friend has a not-terrible experience"

And, honestly, most of us don't like each other that much.

• 1 month later...

Archived