The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe And Weapon Slot Purchase Issues

Dismodeus

This particular thread is about a problem I have ran into with the progression of the game, which can only be resolved with purchasing platinum. as far as I am aware. Since there is no thread on the forums concerning micro transactions and pay to win game balance, I have decided that this topic would be most appropriate to place into gameplay.

When I first started watching Youtube videos of Warframe, which eventually stimulated me to download the game, multiple of the authors of said videos expressed concerns of possible pay to win later on in the game. After playing the game for a good, while I come to the conclusion that weapon balance in itself is not too much a problem, as the game is very P v E focused and conclaves are purely for enjoyment anyway. 

However what I do consider a serious issue with the micro transaction system is the fact that weapon and item slots can only be purchased with platinum and there appears to be no workaround for this. Since I am an adolescent, I cannot purchase the platinum myself and my parents aren't exactly fond of gaming. It remains true that even, tough I have a limited amount of slots for items I can still in theory acquire everything in the game. Yes, however if to get a new warframe for example, which I really want to try out, I have to remove a different one, which I spent hours leveling and even longer to acquire from bosses because of ridiculous RNG mechanics and have a Orokin reactor attached to, needless to say I will not be very happy. I do not doubt that this feature of the game inhibits the enjoyment from a otherwise fantastic masterpiece to more people then me and personally I will not play it again until this issue is resolved. 

Personally I would suggest to the developers of Warframe to make it possible to purchase just these slots with in-game currency for a reasonable amount or finding some sort of other more clever way for people to acquire them. 

Please leave suggestions on how this system can be improved and Up-Vote this post so it may come to the attention of the game's developers. 

Yours sincerely, Dismodeus.

this thread has been made a couple of times already.

alot of people agree that the starting slots are just too limited, but then you have the following valid points.

- you get a 50 starter platinum which can either get you 2 warframe slots / 1 warframe slot and 4 weapon slots or 8 weapon slots.

- DE is a business, they need income to survive and offering purely cosmetic items will never do.

- weapon and warframe slots are rather CHEAP, yes, cheap.

you get quite alot for a rather small amount of money.

DE said theyr working on a solution already but dont take it as a fact. (something about mastery rank)

i get your points, im a free player aswell , frankly im really lucky that i got the extra 50 plat from update 10 apology.

and you know what? im still REALLY limited, sold 2 potatoed frames already and il probably have to do it again in the future.

you cant get everything for free, things dont run on air, it sucks.

I agree with the OP. there needs to be a way to obtain Weapon and warframe slots in the game. A handful of people have suggested that with every planet you completely clear you get 2 weapon slots or 1 warframe slot which I think is a great idea. this encourages players to spend more time playing the game to unlock things that aren't based on RNG, yet make life much more enjoyable. Warframe is the most grind heavy game (grind that you can't skip. at least not yet)I've ever played. Which is really disappointing, Trading will fix most of the RNG/Grind issues I have with Warframe though.

There does need to be a way to obtain SOME warframe/weapon slots without the use of platinum though. De should be making their money from A: saving grind time and B: Cosmetic options. Anything else and they're pulling an EA and being money hungry.

There does need to be a way to obtain SOME warframe/weapon slots without the use of platinum though. De should be making their money from A: saving grind time and B: Cosmetic options. Anything else and they're pulling an EA and being money hungry.

i prefer the idea that mastery would award some slots.

that said: please dont compare DE with EA... its a very very very bad comparison.

If they're not careful, they could very well end up like EA.

Food for thought.

fair enough.

but the same could be said about any developer.

that aside:

given the generally venomous attitude a number of people in the community have, if DE does something... "off", they would regret it.

more importantly, they (DE) know they would regret it.

and seeing how "small" (relative to AAA games) the community here is, it would be suicide.

I am a free gamer myself, and I truely hope DE will add at least 2 extra warframe slots initially.

Why?

You start out with ONE warframe slot, which hinders you (especially if you like it very much) from creating another without destroying your first.

The starting weapon slots could be increased by two, but that's probably it. The starting weapon slots are pretty well-determined.

I hope DE finds a way to add Platinum-only items into the game that have more benefits, such as possibly adding Stats to Sentinel cosmetics, and more stat toggle helms. That being said, Platinum shouldn't be entirely dependent upon warframe and weapon slots, as it is now.

They should let us use only 1 Warframe with full customization which make it special rather than use all warframe because I don't know how to become special one which mean we got so many twin or 100% clone.

to be fair... your tenno is unique, even if we never really see him/her/it.

frames are like guns in that they have a model (frame name), frames are not a singular existence.

it kinda makes sense that there will be a "copy" of you (your frame) from time to time.

Edited by alchemistjkt