The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Multiplayer Crashing

michaelgt

Hi,

I got a bug that makes me keep crashing whenever I play multiplayer. Hosting or Client. Multi-threaded or not. Full screen or Borderless.
I don't know why I got this. I also don't know when I started to notice this but, definitely after U10.

It crashes whenever I play multiplayer for extended periods of time in a single node.
(example: Defense missions going for 10+ waves. Survival missions reaching 15+ minutes)

Well, that's pretty much it. It only happens when I play multiplayer, including the Dojo so long as it's multiplayer.
Singleplayer doesn't.

Any help on this?

well, from what you said, i would have to say that its likely from too much strain on your comp or connection.

heavy load = nopenopenope

Impossible. I still play fine on single player now. I also played fine on multiplayer before. It's only recently that these crashes have started. HOST or CLIENT.

Is it crashing to the desktop? Is the crash reporter launching when you crash?

Either way, you should take a look at this handy thread on how to report your game crashes if the crash reporter doesn't launch.

It shows the report and I send reports.

Sounds like a memory leak. But without checking your starting memory usage and keeping an eye on it throughout play it's hard to make sure.

Can't be. playing solo is fine, even on extended periods. I always use max memory on other games and they're fine. Also, this only started happening recently so, it can't be.

-snip-

Can't be. playing solo is fine, even on extended periods. I always use max memory on other games and they're fine. Also, this only started happening recently so, it can't be.

it can if it's related to network code buffers. (again, long shot, you're probably right, but it *is* possible)