Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New player progression issues

pook-pook

Having now hit MR8 (alt account on Switch - my main PC account is L1) I thought I'd note some progression things that make no sense, or make the new player experience less good, but also should be easy to address (well, except the Xoris):

1. The open worlds are open immediately. Even low tier Plains bounties can be horrible - I recommend DE fire up a controller (not kb/mouse), take a low MR account out on the plains and try to shoot down a Dargyn. You can certainly still complete a tier 1 plains bounty if you're lucky (ie. no Swarm Of Dargyns). Fortuna is outrageously difficult for new players, except the Vox Solaris quest if you're lucky (you can still be 1-shot several times). There's plenty of threads on the various other issues in the open worlds, all of which make them unsuitable to very low MR players. Never mind the craziness of the Plains at night...
  2. Deadlock Protocol is doable as low MR and then you're given the Xoris, which is so OP no other weapon need be used for pretty much the rest of the star chart.
  3. Glast Gambit isn't promoted before the Index is unlocked, which makes no sense. Attempting to play the Index without doing that quest is fuel for utter frustration.

The open worlds really should be gated behind junctions opening up, perhaps even all junctions opened. That might be a bit extreme though.

5 hours ago, (NSW)nin-pook said:

Having now hit MR8

The fact MR 8 are still considered New Players is an Issue all on its own..

A Testament to just how Grindy Warframe is....

If you have 100 Hours in any other Game you're considered a Big Fan... An Afficionado.... But in Warframe you're Still Scrub because still haven't reached Old Mate Yet... 😱

15 hours ago, Lutesque said:

The fact MR 8 are still considered New Players is an Issue all on its own..

A Testament to just how Grindy Warframe is....

If you have 100 Hours in any other Game you're considered a Big Fan... An Afficionado.... But in Warframe you're Still Scrub because still haven't reached Old Mate Yet... 😱

I'm reflecting on the path to this point, not at it. Most of those crazy progression things happened back at the start.

Having said that, to comment on the rest of your post: we've done very little grinding to this point. We've done up to The War Within in story quests, and only a few other side quests, mostly the open world ones. We've not completed the star chart, but have been progressing around it. We have had to do a few Gabii quickies to get cash, but compared to the real grind I experienced later in the game in my L1 PC account, I don't consider what we've been doing grinding :)

Don't forget that at MR8 gear is simply not that great (outside of Xoris, other weapon options are not great, and Xoris-only gameplay is boring). No core survivability mods are fully ranked (due to lack of cash and endo), I still have some flawed mods because I've not had drops of the proper ones, I have big gaps where other core mods should be (very few shotgun mods, lacking pistol mods, etc).

But yes, ~80 hours in and we're mostly having a blast and have so much more content to get through :)

On 2022-01-27 at 11:28 PM, (NSW)nin-pook said:

Having said that, to comment on the rest of your post: we've done very little grinding to this point. We've done up to The War Within in story quests, and only a few other side quests, mostly the open world ones. We've not completed the star chart, but have been progressing around it. We have had to do a few Gabii quickies to get cash, but compared to the real grind I experienced later in the game in my L1 PC account, I don't consider what we've been doing grinding :)

Don't forget that at MR8 gear is simply not that great (outside of Xoris, other weapon options are not great, and Xoris-only gameplay is boring). No core survivability mods are fully ranked (due to lack of cash and endo), I still have some flawed mods because I've not had drops of the proper ones, I have big gaps where other core mods should be (very few shotgun mods, lacking pistol mods, etc).

But yes, ~80 hours in and we're mostly having a blast and have so much more content to get through :)

Ahhhh.... But are you Old Mate yet with Solaris United ? 👀

Also I remember what it was like when I used to play with My Friends.... You're Right... It didn't Feel Grindy At All back then ...

Unfortunately They quit Warframe....and then I saw the game for what it Truly Was... 😱

6 hours ago, Lutesque said:

But are you Old Mate yet with Solaris United ?

Oh heck no. We've only just hit rank 2 😂 and that was so we could get the mats to make our proper k-drives (which we're both really enjoying - I didn't really enjoy hoverboarding as much with the PC controls, but the console controls are quite a different experience!)

We've not bothered with Deimos, apart from just the intro quest. Kinda the same with PoE, except we found that night-time kitty capturing does get us a whole lotta standing so we're progressing pretty quickly there - sadly the same can't be done on Venus 😭

We've only just opened up Sedna, and haven't opened up Eris. Our next session we're hoping to open up through to Mot so we can do Chains of Harrow and progress the story. As I said, we have so much more content, and are very happy at the moment!

I feel like this conversation is quite a distraction from the point of my post tho.

Archived