Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback regarding the railjack missions

Janitsu

I have started playing relatively recently (2022) and I think that Railjack missions are an absolute blast. However, there are a few things that I personally think can ruin the experience for both new and veteran players alike.

1st issue: Not enough enemy spawns

Railjack missions are a battlefield filled with many spaceships and that's cool! What is not cool, however, is when you run out of enemy fighters or crewship to kill and they just refuse to spawn until you have done 30 laps around the map, or entered the derelict mission and killed mobs in there. The time it takes to get the remaining 10 fighters to spawn can sometimes take as long as abandoning the mission and starting it again.

2nd issue: Mobility is easy to get, but in your first few missions controlling a Railjack feels really terrible

I've brought friends to railjack missions and I started doing them with my more veteran friends. I didn't enjoy the first experience of driving the Railjack because I had an empty plexus and unranked piloting. The fact that "running" (boost) is gated behind intrinsics can be a major turn-off for newer players. You end up feeling like you are not really that worthwhile for your team since it is better to let anyone with any plexus mods and piloting rank to control the Railjack. I personally think that at least a temporary boost should be available for the newer players to make the Railjack feel more fluid and overall a better experience. I do want to clarify that I am not asking to get rid off the intrinsics system – quite the contrary, I think it's great! Just that minor modifications to it could make a new player's experience thousand times better.

With that being said, I am extremely happy with the current state of Railjack missions, even if it is at times a little frustrating or weird.

Archived